PROLOGUE

Summer of '95

The school year had come to an end, and tensions were running high.

After the real Mad-Eye Moody's return, along with Voldemort's, the remaining members of the old Order of the Phoenix needed a plan. They also needed new members, seeing as they were a bit short staffed compared to the opposing side.

With Sirius Black still in hiding from the Ministry after escaping Azkaban Prison two years ago, he couldn't leave his house, so he had offered up the old family home as the new Headquarters. The other members agreed. So, they gathered at 12 Grimmauld Place for their first of many meetings.

"It's starting again, isn't it? Like last time..." Nymphadora Tonks questioned the other members around her. Tonks, being the youngest Auror in the room, was the only person present that did not take part in the Order during the First Wizarding War. Her hair quickly turned yellow in worry. She saw her strands change and quickly shook her head, turning it back to the pink she usually kept it.

Nymphadora Tonks was a Metamorphmagus and when she had strong feelings, like now, her hair would change colour. She hadn't gotten it under control yet, but she was trying to stop it from changing without her permission.

"I'm afraid there are many similarities, yes," Kingsley Shacklebolt replied, rubbing his chin in thought. He stood with his back to the group, deep in thought. He usually wore his hat, but right now it lay strewn on the table, scrunched up from when he was wringing it in his hands earlier.

You could see the flames from the fire flicker reflectively against his bald head, along with them lighting up his dark eyes and face.

"What are the plans for Hogwarts, Albus?" He turned his attention to the bearded wizard at the end of the table.

Everyone else followed his line of sight. Albus Dumbledore, the Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, looked up from his cup of tea, peering at them over the top of his half-moon spectacles.

"What happened last year was terrifying and awful. But the school will stay open, offering a safe place for parents to send their children in these troubled times." He picked up his cup again and took a sip.

"Harry and the others are going to need some more protection for this school year, don't you think Sirius?" Remus Lupin directed at his old friend. Before Sirius could respond, Rubeus Hagrid spoke up.

"What safer place is there for ter youngsters than 'Ogwarts? Dumbledore an' all o' us will be there ter keep an eye on 'em too o' 'course," Hagrid said, slightly offended that the fate in the school's safety was being questioned.

"Believe me, it's not a concern about how well you all can protect them. My concern is, how far will Voldemort go to get to him again? We need to be very careful," Remus responded calmly. Remus' eyes were tired, and his face looked like he needed about a week-long nap.

The full moon was only a couple days away and he was suffering leading up to the change during the moon.

"What we need is a student who is working with us. Someone who has access to them in classes and in the dorms. And their purpose is to protect them. Keep an eye on all of them. Tonks, what if you shape-shifted and wandered the school as an animal or a student?" Sirius suggested as he brushed his shoulder length hair out of his face, his dark eyes flickering to his cousin.

Tonks was about to respond. If she was going to agree or protest, one will never know, because she was quickly cut off. "Not a bad idea Sirius, but I'm afraid Tonks is needed at her undercover post at the Ministry," Mad-Eye Moody responded.

Tonks had been working undercover in the Ministry of Magic since Moody recruited her to the Order last year, and it was essential that they always keep an eye on the Ministry.

Especially in these times.

Last year, Lord Voldemort had made his return to the wizarding world, only showing himself to his trusted followers and the unlucky Harry Potter. As there was no physical proof, except for the body of Cedric Diggory, the Ministry denied his return because they hadn't seen him with their own eyes. Most of the people who actually believed Harry and believed Voldemort had returned, were gathered in the basement kitchen at 12 Grimmauld Place.

"I do believe I have a solution to our problems," Moody said quite matter-of-factly. "Let me guess, Polyjuice Potion?" Sirius asked, keeping as straight a face as he could, looking up at the respected Auror.

Everyone's heads turned to Sirius in surprise. Remus smiled, but successfully swallowed his laughter on a cough.

Last year, an imposter had taken Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody's place as a Hogwarts Professor, by drinking Polyjuice Potion for the whole year. Moody turned his gaze on Sirius, his magic eye coming around first, then his good eye following.

"What? Too soon?" Sirius asked with an innocent smile, followed by a chuckle at his own joke. Moody chose not to dignify that with a response. He turned his attention back to the whole group.

"As I was saying - I have a solution." Moody had been keeping an Ace up his sleeve for the past years, exactly for an occasion like this. Always good to have an unknown face on your side.

Moody looked at Tonks. "Let's get your sister. She's joining the Order."

– ACE