CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I quickly paced out of the Great Hall and started heading for Dumbledore's office, but I ran into someone on my way there.

"Oof," I let out as I came to an abrupt stop, Snape staring down at me.

"And what would you be in such a rush for on this fine Saturday?" he drawled out.

"On my way to see the Headmaster, Professor," I responded, trying to keep my snarkiness at bay. He raised an eyebrow at that.

"What could be so important that you have to run in halls to tell him?" in a much more curious tone than mean now, which was a good sign.

I looked up at him. It's easier for him to speak to Dumbledore without it looking suspicious to Umbridge. And I know we can trust Snape, even if we don't like him.

I smiled then, "Actually Professor that can wait. But I wanted to talk to you about our Potions assignment for Monday. I want to get it finished today so it's rather urgent."

He narrowed his eyes but understood what I was on about. He swept his arm to the left and I started heading towards his office with him following after me.

Good thing I changed my plan because guess who we ran into? Umbitch.

I sent her a smile and said a polite "morning Professor." Earning a disgusting smile in return from her. "And where would you and Miss White be off to, Professor Snape?" she questioned him.

I wanted to tell her it was none of her business and kindly piss off, but Snape just drawled out my lie.

"Miss White here is struggling to understand the homework I gave her this week and she has waited until the last minute and is scrambling to finish it over the weekend."

I wanted to shoot him a glare but controlled myself and smiled at Umbridge. "So, I've decided to help her in her scramble, and read the assignment out to her, so she understands it properly. Now if you don't mind..." and he walked off, towards the Potions dungeon.

"Bye, Professor Umbridge," I said with my smile still in place and a small wave.

"Goodbye dear," She said in her high-pitched voice, still standing there, her eyes following me as I headed in after Snape.

I shut the door closed behind me and looked around for Snape. He was waiting for me in the storage cupboard.

I headed into the cupboard, standing in the doorway. "Well? Explain yourself," he said impatiently.

"First off, good morning to you too," I said sarcastically.

"Second, Lucius Malfoy knows more than we want him to." He raised his eyebrows at that, looking at me, almost alarmed.

"And what is it we don't want him to know?" He started slowly

"He spotted Padfoot on the platform and reported back to his master. And his son said something to Harry suggesting that he knew where Hagrid was. And if he knows, that means LV knows." He rolled his eyes at that. I guess he didn't care too much about Sirius' whereabouts staying hidden.

He looked down in thought at that, before looking back at me. "Why are you telling me this? Why not report directly to Mad-Eye or Sirius? Padfoot being spotted is really more his problem than mine," he said lazily. I shot him a glare.

"Because I was on my way to tell Dumbledore but then I ran into you. And it looks less conspicuous if I'm talking to one of my teachers instead of running off to the headmaster."

He nodded. "Alright. I'll tell Dumbledore or let Moody know myself then. But I won't do it straight away because she saw us head in here."

I nodded back and start to leave the dungeon.