CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

- Warning -
Fluff/Smut incoming

"No! No, please don't. It was my fault, not hers!" I screamed through my tears. Auntie Bella turned sharply, startling me. "Cassiopeia, you have to understand, you're a Malfoy and a Black. You are not equal to this creature; you are her superior. Until you learn this, you don't get to decide," she told me in a cold voice.

I had heard her talk like this to Daddy before, but never to me. I didn't like her eyes either. They were darker than usual. They looked scary. I tried to stop my crying. I bit my lip, so it didn't tremble. Bella had gotten even madder when she saw me crying.

She raised her crooked wand and pointed it at Fiffy, the house-elf who had been my nanny since I was two. "This is what happens when disgusting creatures forget their place," she threatened coldly. I wish Mommy was here. If she was here, she would never let Bella do this in her house.

Bellatrix was the oldest, but Mommy was more intimidating. Even Bella listened to her. But she wasn't here, and I didn't know how to stop her.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" she screamed. I screamed too, seeing a green light hit Fiffy, sending our house elf flying backwards and landing on the floor in an awkward position, her tennis-ball-sized eyes staring back at me.

I turned and ran upstairs, blocking out anything Bella was telling me. I ran up every single staircase I was faced with, finally ending up in the attic, where Dobby and I had built a secret hideaway.

It was Halloween and Fiffy had promised she would help me scare Mother for when she came home when I had slipped and hurt my knee on the stairs. This was one of Bella's favourite lessons. She said it was important for others to know where they stood on the food chain, and it was important that I understood who was less worth than me.

"Princess Cassie?" a small voice asked from the corner. I stopped crying and turned to see Dobby holding one-year-old Draco. I quickly wiped my face from tears and ran over to Dobby, taking Draco out of his hands and cooing at him gently.

"I'll never let you be left alone with her, Ducky. I'm never gonna let her 'teach' you things. You're too precious. Soon you'll see. It'll all be over soon," I said gently, hoping to Salazar himself that I wasn't lying.

I woke with a gasp, my eyes sticking together. I must've been crying in my sleep. I put my hand out to my side but found the mattress empty and cold next to me. I turned and saw my suspicions confirmed.

Fred was nowhere to be found. Thank God, he didn't see me wake up with a nightmare. I don't think I could handle any more pitying looks and kitty-gloves this summer.

Fred barely left my side and Moody had apparently instructed the entire Order to babysit me.

When I went to visit Andromeda and Ted, Sirius always came with me. When I had to travel between Grimmauld Place or my flat, someone was always there to keep watch. I was never allowed to travel anywhere on foot or alone, and I was very close to losing my cool. 

I know he was only worried about me, but I didn't need protection. I wasn't a kid anymore and I was very capable of taking care of myself.

Even after the joke shop opening about two weeks back, I had gotten used to waking up after Fred had already gone to work. We spent most nights at their apartment, so it was easier for him in the mornings. And while they worked hard in the shop, I headed off to Grimmauld Place and helped Sirius fix it up.

The other Weasley's had joined in on the work, Mrs Weasley feeling a lot safer with her children all gathered together at a safe house where several Auror's were also present.