CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX

- The Battle of Hogwarts -

I think Fred recognized the panic and fear on my face because he stopped talking and wrapped his arms around my shoulders from behind and placed his chin on top of my head.

"What's first, Harry? What's going on?" George asked excitedly. "They're evacuating the younger kids and everyone's meeting in the Great Hall to get organised. We're fighting." Everyone let out roars and cheers before running to the exit, making Harry and Remus having to jump out of the way.

Fred went to pass me, but I grabbed his jacket and pulled him back harshly. He went to open his mouth in protest, but I cut him off. "No way in hell," I said sternly, making George, Angelina and Lucy stop in their tracks and turn to us as well.

"I don't think this is a conversation we are going to want to overhear," Angie muttered dragging the other two nosy friends away. "What are you talking about? We have to fight! This is Hogwarts, this is for Harry."

"I can't -" My voice was thick with tears, and it broke off before I even got the words out. Panic took over Fred's features as he saw how upset I was getting. "I can't let you go out there. This is the Vision, OK? This is the Vision I had where all hell broke loose and so help me Merlin, I am going to do everything I can to stop those events from playing out. And the first step in doing that, you are not leaving this room in any other direction than the Hog's Head."

"Get back here right now! You are not fighting!" It sounded like Mrs Weasley and Ginny were having a similar discussion. We turned away from our growing fight and listened in on the conversation. "I won't permit it! The boys, yes, but you, you've got to go home!"

"I won't! I'm in Dumbledore's Army -" "- A teenager's gang!" Mrs Weasley cut her off. "A teenager's gang that's about to take him on, which no one else has dared to do!" Fred added and I grabbed his arm and pulled him further away.

"Stay out of that! She has every right to be concerned! This is Voldemort, Fred. This is war and we're about to go to battle with him and all of his Death Eaters that are going to hit us with everything they have! Students, parents and Auror's are going to die tonight, don't you get that?!" My voice was reaching new heights and tears were building in my eyes. The rest of the room had fallen silent and were looking at me now.

"'Dark will fight the light, and they shall all suffer losses gravely. Our home will be in ruins and the houses will fall together. Protect the innocent, save the victims. For on the eve of the darkest day, the brightest light will shine through. We will mourn, then we will rejoice'," I recited, leaving out the bits that were a bit too revealing.

There lay a blanket of silence over us and then there sounded a scuffling and a great thump by the entrance of the secret tunnel. I turned to see someone straighten and pull himself into a chair.

I recognized him from pictures at The Burrow, along with pictures of him in The Daily Prophet, but I had never met the third-oldest Weasley brother in person. "Am I too late? Has it started? I only just found out so, I - I..."

Percy looked around nervously. His entire family, except Charlie, were now surrounding him and looking at him in equal amounts of shock. Fleur, being the graceful woman she was, tried to break the tension by turning to Remus. "So, 'ow is little Teddy?"

"I - oh, yes - he's fine!" he responded loudly, trying to regain himself from the drop of temperature in the room. "Yes, Dora's with him and her mother at Grimmauld Place."

All the other Weasley's were still staring at Percy, frozen in place. I looked up at Fred's blank face, no emotion evident as he stared at his older brother. But I knew Percy would be joining the fight later. He would be fighting by Fred's side as they joked around. He would be the first to cry over his brother's dead body.