CHAPTER SIXTY

"Well, she can't go. It's just as easy as that!" Mrs Weasley shrieked from the kitchen. I stood upon the first-floor landing wedged between Ginny and George, all of us listening to the screaming match happening in the kitchen.

"Molly, I know. I know! But we have to keep up appearances. Anyone not attending Hogwarts this year will be seen as traitors and imprisoned - or worse!" Mr Weasley shrieked back, his voice pleading.

It was the 30th of August and Ginny was supposed to leave for Hogwarts tomorrow.

However, when Mr Weasley left worked today, he had seen a copy of the Daily Prophet that was set to come out tomorrow morning and had seen, to his horror, who would be the new Headmaster of Hogwarts.

Severus Snape.

After my hideout for the last month, we had all returned to The Burrow two days ago, the exception being Moony and Nym, who we believed were hiding out with Nym's parents now after a raid at Lupin Cottage happened two weeks back.

We hadn't heard a word from them in a while, but I told myself not to dwell on it. No use in worrying about things you can't control.

A few weeks back, the Ministry had made it quite clear that any student who did not return to Hogwarts as they were meant to, would suffer gravely. As Thicknesse had now taken over as Minister of Magic, I knew the battle I had predicted was approaching. Because he was the Death Eater/Minister Percy had been duelling when the wall behind them exploded.

Mrs Weasley had been screaming since Arthur came back from work and told her, not only was Snape Headmaster, but the Carrow siblings were taking over Muggle Studies and Defence Against the Dark Arts.

"But she can't be at school with those people! They know who she is. They know who her friends are!" Mrs Weasley cried out, her voice thick with tears. "I can't send my only daughter off to be held captive by Death Eaters!"

"Man, if only we were younger," George grumbled. "Ron should be with her. At least then you wouldn't be alone," Fred snapped from his spot against the wall. "Fat load that would do. Harry Potter's best friend and girlfriend hanging about each other? Not to mention we're the biggest family of blood-traitors there ever was. It's better to look like our family isn't involved anymore," Ginny snapped back just as harshly.

"Molly, Arthur, it really is more dangerous for Ginny to not appear at school," Sirius' calm voice chimed in. He and Kingsley had joined them downstairs but had spoken very few words as the worried parents went back and forth.

I left my spot and climbed down the stairs, ready to calm Mrs Weasley down with some reassurance. "But she'll be all alone. All alone in that school with those horrible people," she cried just as I reached the kitchen.

"Molly, she won't be alone," I said, keeping my voice level.

They all turned to me. "What - what do you mean?" she croaked. I walked over to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Because I'll be there with her, keeping an eye out and protecting her every step of the way."

"WHAT?!" Thundered footsteps were heard on the stairs as Fred, George and Ginny joined us downstairs.

"No, you bloody hell won't!" Fred snapped. "There's a price on your head, Allison! The only person more wanted by the Death Eaters than you is Harry himself," Kinglsey said, looking quite shocked at my statement.

"If Moody were here -"

"WELL HE'S NOT, IS HE?!" I snapped at Sirius. He recoiled at my harsh voice, his eyes turning to pity. I closed my eyes and turned away from him. "Sorry," I mumbled. I looked at Fred. "This is my job and I intend to keep doing it," I told him.