CHAPTER EIGHT

A few weeks before the start of everyone's term we were all called down to a meeting. The others were especially pleased by this turn of events, but I was just confused.

We didn't have an Order meeting planned for the day. Everyone who had been staying daily at the house were gathered in the dining room, which was basically the meeting room now. None of the other Order members were there, only the ones closest to us and living here, plus Nym, Moody and Kingsley.

But the more surprising visitors were the Hogwarts Professors at the end of the table, McGonagall and Snape.

Ginny, Fred and George sat down at the two seats available at the middle of the table, and I went around to the other side and sat down in the available seat on Nym' right, across from the twins and Ginny.

Moody stood up and started speaking, making everyone else quiet down. The others who hadn't had the pleasure of being in any meetings all summer were practically on the edge of their seats, looking at Moody in awe. From my right, I caught Remus' eye and sent him my best puppy dog eyes. He shook his head as he chuckled quietly, before smuggling me some chocolate under the table. I passed half of it to Nym beside me and we kept on listening to Moody and Kingsley as we munched on the sweet treats.

They talked about nothing for a while I felt, just droning on and on. Kingsley updated us on Ministry status for the Auror's and what that meant for the Order. He never seemed to bring good news anymore. Because sensitive ears were present, nobody mentioned what we were working hard on guarding and protecting inside the Ministry but the ones of us who knew got Kingsley's messages loud and clear.

After Harry had been cleared at his trial, he seemed a lot happier these past few days. Arthur was informing the other's that he had seen Lucius Malfoy talking to Fudge at the Ministry when my boredom and restlessness couldn't take anymore. Why were we even here?

Arthur, Sirius and Moody were discussing what Malfoy could've been talking to Fudge about, coming to a conspiracy theory in the end. Bored, I absentmindedly spun my wand in my hand like a drumstick.

"Careful," Remus muttered, eyeing my wand. I brushed him off with a shrug just as a white spark shot out of the tip, scorching the table right next to Bill's hand.

We all went silent, and I slowly lowered my wand, and turned a sheepish smile to Bill. "Ops." He chuckled and waved it off, moving his hand off the table and folding them in his lap instead. "But let's be fair, that's the most exciting thing that's happened since Moody started talking.

Others chuckled quietly as Moody let out an annoyed growl. I held my hands up in mock surrender and Nym tried to stifle a laugh beside me.

As Moody moved away from Arthur to take his place up front again, he passed behind my chair on purpose, giving him the opportunity to smack the back of my head with the back of his hand as he passed.

"Ow lighten up would you," I said, rubbing my head. I turned to look at him, trying hard not to grin. "Don't do it," Nym whispered in my ear but it was too late. I had already decided I was going to say it.

"Why so Moody?"

A few people managed to swallow their chuckles but mostly there went a new round with silent laughter, some who snorted unintentionally.

If looks could kill, I would be pushing up daisies right about now. Moody looked like he wanted me to burst into flames right there and then.

"CAN YOU EVER TAKE ANYTHING SERIOUSLY?!" he roared. Oh no. Why did he have to use that word? I couldn't help myself from that easy joke.

I wiped the imaginary spit off my cheek, seeing as it hadn't actually reached me, but for dramatic effect. "I am. I'm being, 100% percent, absolutely - serious," I said, not being able to keep a straight face, as I tried to strangle my smile.