CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT

- WARNING – Smut -

I stumbled forwards a step before falling to my knees at Moody's side.

His face held severe burns. It was still smoking from the hit. The curse had hit him head-on, full force. I grabbed his cold, lifeless hand in mine, letting the sobs come out freely now.

"NO!" I screamed, pounding a fist at his chest.

I collapsed forwards, my head falling to his chest as I clutched onto his cloak. I sobbed uncontrollably at the loss of my mentor.

I looked up at his face, and fell back on my heels, crawling away from the body in horror. It was no longer Moody's body. I had been crying into the lifeless chest of Fred.

'You actually are joking Perce...' the words echoed in my head as the open field became the Hogwarts corridor. Fred's eyes opened and I screamed in horror as they were completely black.

His head turned towards me and a clammy, dead hand lifted, the fingers wrapping tightly around my neck, stopping all air from entering my lungs.

"ALLISON WAKE UP!" I shot up in bed, my breathing coming out in quick pants as I clutched at my now free neck.

I felt chilled to the bone, cold sweat covering my entire body. "Darling, it's OK. It was just a nightmare," Fred's calm voice called to me.

I turned to my right and saw him sitting up in our bed as well. He scooted closer and wrapped an arm around me, pulling my head to his chest.

I took a few deep breaths to try and calm my racing heart. But it wasn't a dream at all. It was a haunting memory. And it was the future that was to come.

I looked up at him. "But that's the thing, Freddie. It's not just a nightmare. It's our reality," I whispered into the dark room.

He closes his eyes for a minute before hugging me tighter. "I know. I'm sorry. Was it - was it Mad-Eye again?" he asked hesitantly. I nodded against his chest, not risking looking up at his face because surely that would cause tears to fall.

In the days since Mad-Eye had died, I hadn't had a single night of undisturbed sleep.

"I feel sticky," I said quietly after a minute of silence, him silently comforting me. "Come on, maybe a shower will help. We have to head to The Burrow for Harry's birthday tomorrow too, so you'll need the extra sleep."

He took my hands in his own and led me to the bathroom. I silently sat down on the toilet, admiring him as he busied himself in the room. He hung a fresh towel on the rail for me, heating the towel magically, and reached into the shower, turning it on.

As he turned and saw me still sitting on the toilet, looking empty, he crouched in front of me, looking me right in the eye. He gripped my chin in his hand firmly, forcing me to keep eye contact.

"Remember what I said about fear?" I nodded in his grip. His eyes softened and a small smile played on his lips. "Which one are you going to pick?"

I mulled it over in my head. 'Forget Everything And Run' or 'Face Everything And Rise'?

I smirked back. "Come on, bubs, you know how much I hate running," I joked. A smile took over his face and he pulled me into him, giving me a long, hard kiss. As he pulled away, I felt breathless.

"Get in the shower and I'll get some new PJs for you. You're gonna need your strength before mum dotes on you for hours on hours tomorrow."

I grinned at him and did as I was told, hearing the door open and close after a few minutes under the hot spray.