CHAPTER NINE

Fred's POV

We were all still seated around the dining room table when Allie got up to get glasses for everyone. And I still couldn't stop smiling.

I couldn't believe this. Allie was going to be coming with us to Hogwarts. In our year! We were going to see her every day for the next year.

Yeah. Still grinning.

I got an elbow in the side from George and he gave me a knowing smile. I just shook my head at myself and turned away from him before anyone else noticed the goofy look on my face.

As I turned my head to the left, I saw Allie go to the cupboard, her long brown waves swinging with each step in her half up-do. She opened the cupboard, but I furrowed my brows as she immediately froze.

Everything happened so fast, yet it felt like slow-motion.

Allie let go of the cupboard and stumbled backwards, everyone around the table looked up in confusion when she knocked over a bowl of fruit and asked her what was wrong. Then, someone came out of the cupboard.

Lupin, Sirius, Nym, Bill and Dad got up and pulled their wands out immediately. The rest of us got up as well, looking at the newcomer, confused.

I held onto my wand, unsure what this meant. Moody sprang forward quicker than I had ever seen the one-legged man move and pushed Sirius' wand arm down. He then stood up in front of the rest of us with his arms up, stopping anyone from using their wands.

"What the hell is this Moody?" Sirius growled at him through gritted teeth, his eyes solely on the newcomer from the cupboard. "She needs to do it herself. Don't meddle," Moody mumbled back. He had his back to us and was staring intently at Allison.

"Get your wand out, White." Allie's face had completely drained of colour as she watched the woman come out of the cupboard, slowly walking towards her.

The woman had big, black curls and looked like anyone's worst nightmare. "Well look who we have here," she cackled. "It's wittle baby, all scared and alone," she taunted her, letting out a horrifying laugh.

"Wand Allison, now!" Moody growled at her.

A shaky hand reached behind her back as she pulled her wand out of her pocket, her breathing coming out fast and hard. I tried to step forward to help her, but Nym grabbed onto my arm to stop me. I turned to look at her and she just shook her head slightly, her eyes on Allie.

I turned back and Allie had closed her eyes tightly. I could see tears glistening just under her eyes and I wanted to punch Moody in the face. "Riddikulus," she muttered, and the woman's outfit turned into a rainbow coloured unitard.

Sirius and Lupin tried to go forward to help, but Moody was quicker. As the Boggart dematerialized, he grabbed Allie's arm and pulled her out of the room and into the hallway, slamming the door shut on his way. "Who the bloody hell was that?" Ron asked, looking around at the older people in the room for an answer.

"That - was Bellatrix Lestrange," Lupin answered, his brows furrowed.

"How does Allie know her?" Bill questioned.

"That's a good question," Sirius got out through gritted teeth. He turned to Nym with an accusatory glare. Everyone's eyes followed. "I was wondering the same thing. Care to explain, cousin?" He narrowed his eyes on her.

"You know, that's not really for me to tell. I'm going to check if Allie's alright," she ranted out quickly, hurrying past me and going into the hallway. "Sirius..." Lupin started warily.

"I know Moony, I know." Everyone was looking at Sirius now, all very startled at the turn of events. The two looked at each other as if they were still having a conversation, but none of them said anything.