CHAPTER FOURTEEN

My first day of lessons weren't too bad. 

Sprout lectured us about our N.E.W.T.s and Snape told us what a disappointment we all were. I had to stop myself from snarking back that we were equally disappointed with our Potions Professor.

Seeing as he was one of the most 'important' Order members, I had to be on my best behaviour.

Thankfully, Alicia and I had finished our Potions homework last night, while the other girls whined about the workload they had received in their other classes.

Fred and George seemed unfazed by the schoolwork and homework they had received. I guess they didn't really have to bother too much seeing as they didn't need N.E.W.T.s to run their joke shop.

We had just finished breakfast when we all headed off to our first DADA lesson. Gossip had spread quickly from yesterday, when the fifth-year students had experienced Umbridge for the first time.

Apparently, Harry had screamed at her about Diggory's death and that Voldemort's back. It was really pissing me off that no one believed the poor boy. Why would he lie about something like that? To top it off, Angelina had told him off for getting detention during Quidditch practice.

As if he wanted to pretend that he had seen the man who had murdered his parents. And then watching that same man murder a school mate right in front of him. Disgusting that anyone even questioned him.

Fucking Ministry filling everyone's heads with lies.

As all of us got up from the table I saw two sixth year girls whispering very loudly about Harry only a few seats down from him. I could tell from the expression on his face that he could hear what they were saying, which annoyed me.

Seeing a friend murdered is not acceptable gossip material.

I broke off from our group and headed towards the girls. I leaned in between them, resting my hands on the bench space that separated them.

They both stopped talking and looked at me, startled. Before they could say anything, I cut off the brunette on my left.

"Are your lives really that pathetic that you feel the need to discuss others' business with this much enthusiasm?" I asked, my voice holding an almost threatening tone.

"We weren't –" one of them sputtered but I cut her off.

"If you feel the need to talk about something, discuss what sad thing that must've led you to this point in your life. Where you can gleefully sit here and talk about a boy that died two months ago as if he were nothing more than an article in a magazine."

And with that, I pushed myself off the bench.

Harry had looked up from his plate and seemed to have overheard the exchange. He shot me a grateful look. We fist-bumped as I passed him, and I reached the others again who had stopped and waited for me.

"Well, look at you brightening everyone's day! What would Hermione say if she heard you threatening younger students?" Lucy taunted. I rolled my eyes and we all started leaving the Great Hall.

"Gotta say, that was quite impressive, Allie," Fred said with a sideways glance down at me.

"Well, I'm here to please," I responded, keeping my eyes trained forward as I popped a grape from the breakfast table into my mouth.

We reached the classroom door and me, Fred, George, Angelina, Lee, Amelia, Alicia and Lucy walked in together.

We all paired off to the double desks, Fred next to me, Angelina and Lucy in front of us, Lee and George behind us, as Alicia and Amelia took the seats across the middle section from all of us.