CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE

A/N:

I've been changing up the Headers with collages and different things now since they left Hogwarts. No reason other than I made these edits and felt they fitted the vibe much better for the chapters. That being said, I do not own any pictures, gifs or any other media I post in this book. They're merely here as a resource, not for me to show off my handiwork.

Cause I can't make shit like that. 

ON WITH THE CHAPTER!

The winter break was coming to an end, as we were all gathered in the meeting room of Grimmauld Place. Everyone had been spread out over the houses these last couple of weeks. Amelia and Lucy turned up on Boxing Day, followed right after by Alicia and Lee, who had spent Christmas together at Lee's parents' house.

After their Valentine's Day date, that had been that. They were impossibly cute together, Alicia being the quiet gentle soul she was, Lee being the loud, open person he had always been.

Angelina had been abroad for a Quidditch match and couldn't make it back until after New Year's, though. I did, however, notice a rather long letter to George, and also the long response he sent her. If our suspicions were correct, it looked like Amelia was going to win the bet. We just needed them to fess up to it now.

We had spent Christmas Eve at the Burrow but seeing as Grimmauld place had better room for everyone, we had moved the celebration of Christmas Day here. Most everyone, except Bill and Fleur, had spent the last couple of night's here.

Nym and Remus still hadn't made up. I made a mental note to tell him off after the meeting was over. Moody stood up front, discussing the next move with Kingsley. We were mostly the original crowd that had met up over last summer, plus my old classmates, but now we weren't working as secretly as we used to.

Dumbledore still didn't trust the new Minister completely, but he had let us continue our work, as long as he received updates on leads and whatnot, which Dumbledore had agreed on.

"Now, Allison, you had something you wanted to share?" Moody turned his magical eye to me before his face followed. Silence fell and everyone turned to look at me. I took a deep breath. Fred's hand that was currently resting on my knee squeezed it slightly, trying to reassure me.

"Yes. Are oranges called oranges because they're orange, or is orange called orange because oranges are orange?" I was met with silence from the rest of the group.

"Well, damn. That's something to think about," George muttered, staring into the table as he mulled this one over. Moody did not look amused, though.

"Anything relevant you needed to add?" he growled at me, quickly losing his patience. I grinned back at him. "Yeah, just one minor, teeny, tiny thing. Not even a thing, just a thi-," I smiled.

Moody rubbed his face with a groan, quietly counting to ten under his breath. "And what is your thi-, Allison?" he asked impatiently. "Well, I think we may have a slight problem," I went on, chancing a glance to Fred.

I had forced him to tell me what the Death Eaters in Diagon Alley had asked about, and my suspicions were confirmed when he caved.

They were looking for me.

"Voldemort knows who I am and he and his Death Eaters are looking for me," I said in one breath.

"WHAT?!" Sirius and Nym exclaimed at the same time, both standing with a look of horror on their faces. Moody looked very alarmed himself, while everyone else looked rather confused.

"Why? Who are you and why would they be looking for you?" Amelia asked, looking utterly confused.

"Are you sure?" Moody asked, his voice wavering slightly. I nodded sharply once. "Kreacher told them when he disappeared this summer. And they've been looking for me." I looked to Fred then and he confirmed my statement by nodding as well.