CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE

I was sat in the common room with Seamus and Neville when the portrait hole burst open and Ginny ran inside, clutching Luna's sleeve with her other hand and dragging her inside. She looked to the boys and then to me on the armchair by their table.

"We need to talk. Your dorm," she said quickly. The boys got out of their seats and ran up to their dorm, the rest of us following after. As Seamus opened the door, there was a coldness in the air.

Not cold from any open window, but cold like the absence of happiness.

Ron and Harry's beds were empty, along with Dean Thomas'. Ginny had explained to me that his mother was a muggle and he didn't know what his father was so he had to go into hiding, just like all the other muggle-born wizards. Seamus had not been the same since school started, feeling the absence of his best friend in these troubled times.

Ginny received a Patronus from Moony a few days ago telling her, or most likely me, that Ted Tonks had gone on the run now too. We didn't know how he was doing, but Remus and Andromeda were taking care of the pregnant Nym at their house.

I jumped up onto Harry's empty bed and sat down, looking at Ginny curiously, just like the other three were. She shut the door and cast Muffliato before turning back to the room. She looked at the other three briefly before her eyes landed on me.

"I need to talk to you," she said urgently. I chanced a glance at the other three who looked at Ginny as if she were mad. Yelps, curse words and stutters sounded through the group as I changed back to my form.

"Allie?! Allie White? What are you doing here?!"

"They were writing about you in The Prophet. You're an Undesirable now!"

"Were you the fox this whole time?! Merlin's pants, I've been giving you pats and scratches for the last three years!" Neville exclaimed, looking horrified with himself.

"Ginny, what's wrong?" I asked, ignoring the other questions.

"The sword of Gryffindor. Dumbledore left it for Harry in his will, right?" she asked me to confirm. I nodded. "Well, it's in Dumbledore's office. And if we could get it, and then find a way to get it to Harry, that would be one problem solved."

"Because Dumbledore must've left it to Harry for a reason," I continued, understanding what she meant. "But Ginny - breaking into Snape's office. Rather risky don't you think?"

"What's life without a little risk?" she chuckled. I shook my head at her and turned to the others. "Hi by the way. Yes, it's Allie. Yes, I've been the fox for the last three years. Yes, you give excellent head scratches, Neville." Neville looked a little pale as I spoke to them.

"I'm with Ginny on this. There's a reason Dumbledore thought Harry needed that sword. And if we could get the sword, I can go to Hogsmeade, Apparate to someone from the Order and they can give it to Harry when he reaches out to them."

I turned to Ginny. "But you're absolutely mad, you know that right? You are talking about breaking into the office of a Death Eater and stealing from him." She just shrugged my comment off making me roll my eyes.

"But if I go..."

"No," Ginny said sharply. "We don't know for sure that you and Sirius' theory is correct, and I don't want to test it out. The longer Snape doesn't know you're here, the better." I reluctantly agreed with her, and we made a plan.

I would stay in the hallway with Seamus and Luna while Ginny and Neville headed up to the office.

I managed to get the password for the Gargoyle one day while eavesdropping, and we set out for our plan as Snape left his office. I stayed with Seamus and Luna as Ginny and Neville hurried upstairs.