CHAPTER FIVE

I had just settled into the chair in my room, ready to open my letter, when my door burst open and in came two read-headed twins.

"May I help you?" I asked, not looking up at them. They shared a glance and then came further into my room, uninvited, sitting down, side by side at the edge of my bed.

"Sure, come in, take a seat. Can I get you anything?" I said sarcastically, dropping the letter into my lap.

"Earlier you said something, and we don't accept your answer," George explained. "Funny thing actually, but we came to the conclusion that your answer was bull crap," Fred finished.

I looked between the two, waiting for them to ask what they were thinking about. "You said you and Sirius are both on house-arrest," Fred started slowly. "Yes?" I answered, urging them to continue.

"Well, we all know why Sirius is on house arrest, but," George stopped there, "But your answer doesn't add up." Fred completed.

"If this is the new Headquarters, people will see there are wizards and witches walking in and out all the time, connecting them to either Dumbledore or the Order. So how come it's okay for everyone else to be seen, but not you?"

I see they've thought this through, I thought to myself.

I cleared my throat, leaning forward, resting my elbows on my thighs. I glanced back at the door, closing it. "Can you two keep a secret?" I questioned them, my voice barely a whisper at this point.

Eyebrows shot up, all four of them, and the brothers shared a look, before looking back at me, nodding vigorously.

"This information cannot leave this room. If anyone finds out I-...I'm done for," I fiddled with my hands, looking down at my hands. Barely keeping a straight face.

"The only person that knows is Moody, and if he finds out that you know, he'll Obliviate you both. This is serious, alright?" I looked back up, sharing intense eye contact with each of them before letting out a sigh.

"What did you do?" Fred asked, his voice a whisper now too.

They were both leaning forward waiting for me to spill the beans. I glanced at the door again, listening for any movement out in the hallway. I turned back to the twins.

"I murdered..."

Their eyes went wide, "- too many people with my jokes and fantastic personality. So, Moody wanted me away from the other Auror's," I said, leaning back in my chair, satisfied with the looks on their faces.

"Are you shitting me right now?!" George exclaimed as he stood up, "I don't know if I'm more annoyed or impressed." He looked at me, and I couldn't decipher what was going through his head.

"Can't believe I actually fell for that," he mumbled, more to himself than anyone else, I think. He then reached for the door and let himself out.

"Next time, knock, and I won't have to do that to you!" I yelled after him. Fred was still sitting on my bed, looking at me with his mouth hanging open slightly. I leaned forward, and nudged his chin up, closing his mouth, as I chuckled at his facial expression.

"That was horrible," he said on a breath. "Why, thank you," I said, taking the compliment.

"It's scary how well you did that, but I guess being an Auror you have a lot of manipulation tactics training." I smiled at him, not correcting him on the Auror comment.

I wasn't officially an Auror, but Nym always made sure to tell me I was just as good as the rest of them.

"Now, on that frightening note, I think I'm going to excuse myself," he shook his head in disbelief, starting to chuckle as he walked towards my door. "Now you know, don't interrupt me while I'm reading. Ever again." I gave him a challenging look as he reached for my door handle to close it on his way out.