CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

January disappeared and February came upon us. Apparently, Ginny had let it slip to everyone we knew that my birthday was on the 14th of February. A fact I hadn't realized until the day was upon us.

So that morning I was startled awake when multiple voices shouted out "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

I shot up into a sitting position and saw Lucy, Amelia, Angelina, Alicia, Ginny and Hermione standing before me.

They all pulled back, startled, as I shot up clutching my wand. Shaking it off as I dropped my wand, they proceeded to sing 'Happy Birthday' while Ginny came forward with a cake for me to blow out the candles on.

I smiled as they finished. "Come on, Allie! Make a wish."

"Yeah, quickly. I want cake," Alicia chimed in making me laugh. "You always want cake," Amelia teased her. I closed my eyes and blew out the candles. "Yay, cake!" Alicia cheered, pulling out plates and slicing it with her wand. Everyone sat down on my bed or Angelina's next to me, each with a slice of cake.

"So does Fred have anything special planned for today?" Lucy asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Well, it's Hogsmeade Day so we were thinking of heading there. But he said the rest was a surprise," I smiled, blushing slightly.

"Ugh, I hate you and your relationship," Angelina grumbled, making me chuckle at her. "All you have to do is ask out a certain someone, and you'll be set yourself," I said casually.

"And who would this certain someone be, may I ask?" she shot back sarcastically.

"George!" we all yelled at her simultaneously making her eyes go wide and all of us to laugh hysterically.

After we stuffed ourselves with cake, we all got dressed quickly and headed for breakfast in the Great Hall.

"Hey! It's the birthday girl!" George cheered as we reached the common room. Him, Lee and Dylan were standing there, each holding a present. My smile went so wide it hurt my cheeks. I gave them all a hug and then eyed the box in George's hands.

Instead of handing them over however, the boys headed out the portrait hole, the rest of us following after them. This was turning out so much better than I ever imagined.

I had never been too big on birthdays since I left home. The Tonks' would celebrate with me of course, but that was it. Just the three of us, seeing as Nym was always at school during my birthday. So, I hadn't expected anything.

As I got older too, I told them not to worry and instead focus on each other on the special day, seeing as it was Valentine's Day after all.

I wasn't used to having a group of friends wanting to be with me like this lot. It was strange and foreign, but also thrilling and exciting. We sat down for breakfast, and everyone pulled out presents.

I received sweets from Lee and Dylan, muggle records from Lucy, a muggle love-story novel from Alicia (her favourite one this month), a hair straightening potion from Ginny, a collection of pictures we had taken over the last months from Angelina and a painting from Amelia of the five of us on one of the picnic tables outside.

I recognized the picture she had drawn from immediately. It was the same picture we both had on our nightstands in the dorm. Colin Creevey had taken it last autumn and I had asked him for copies for all of us. So, we all had the same picture in our possession. And now I had a painted copy as well.

I was so overwhelmed by all their gifts and how sincere and personal they were. Lee had even gotten a hold of the Muggle sweet Starbursts over Christmas Break because I wouldn't shut up about them.