31: Obvious

Of course Jack would talk about the fight. It's all he actually talked about at the dinner table that night. He would repeat the story to the extent where it would get annoying, even though Aaron seemed to lowkey love it.

He's gonna be compared on the news tonight. He's gonna be furious. Plus, Jack is still going to retell the story.

My spoon and fork clattered against my plate.

"I feel stuffed," I said before I headed for the Base.

"Wait! I was getting to the good part!" Jack yelled behind me, still eating at the table.

Aaron would already be there. Mom and Jack wouldn't even notice he's gone.

"Hey, Aaron!" I called out to him as I walked down the stairs. "You're gonna be on the local news tonight."

"Cool," he said, flipping through a hundred channels per second. I reached for the remote in his hand and chose the correct channel.

"Oh, I am on the news!" Aaron exclaimed.

The Real Kid Flash: Mysterious Superhero Stops Three Robbers, the captions read.

"The Real Kid Flash?" Aaron read. "They shouldn't compare me to anybody. I want them to see me as me!"

A video courtesy of a bystander on one of the roofs only caught evidence of Aaron as a tornado.

I laughed.

"What?" Aaron asked.

"They can barely see you," I muttered, cracking up.

Jack's coming.

"Jack's coming," I said, deadpan.

"Hey, there's my favorite superhero on the TV upstairs!" Jack yelled, rattling my eardrums.

"It's okay, we're watching it here," Aaron replied, his eyes glued on the bright screen in front of him.

"Okay!"

Jack ran up the stairs as fast as he could, pretending to be the new superhero. Aaron chuckled heartily as he watched him.