3: Development

This was it, I thought. This is what's going to make me me.

I've been experimenting with many forms of expression my whole life. Writing, crafting, dancing; you name it. It's just that I have so many talents that they're all mediocre at best. At every school that I've gone to, people would refer to one of my friends as the dancer and the other as the artist. Me? I'm the smart one. It may seem like a compliment to you, but it wouldn't seem like one anymore when people are leaning into your desk waiting for your answer, which is always assumed as correct. I was always the nerd of the batch. I wanted to be more. I wanted to feel the pride of being one of the best dancers or artists in the school, except I wouldn't be one of the best dancers or artists in the school. Those titles are already taken.

But a psychic? I've never really thought of it before, but it sounded interesting. And people love interesting! No one has had a psychic at their school, as far as I'm concerned, let alone a teen psychic. I wouldn't be the nerd anymore; I didn't want to.

This is what I'm going to be known for. They just need to give it time.

As soon as I got home from the cinema, "Am I Psychic Quiz" was the first thing I typed in the Google search bar. I took all of them, each one sporting the same answer: Yes. I've learned about five psychic abilities: telepathy, clairvoyance, psychokinesis, precognition, and mediumship, precognition being my strongest area. I kept a log of every psychic experience, thought, and dream, hoping that I could skim through the pages and recognize a current event. Soon I was remembering more dreams, seeing auras more often, and thinking and dreaming more vividly.