CHAPTER 34

I took a big sigh as I entered the house, I went straight to the kitchen to search for food only to get scared sh!tless.

"Mom what are you doing here?" My hands on my chest where my heart is located.

"Wow I didn't know I couldn't be in my own house nowadays without being questioned."

"I didn't mean it like that, it's just that I got scared."

"Aww my sweetie." She coos rubbing my forearm while I gave her a smile, just then the doorbell rang making me frown and nervous exactly knowing who's behind that door ringing the bell like a madman.

"Oh hi Jacob."

"Hi Jane." I can imagine from here that he's giving my mom a hug. I am sweating like a pig standing at the same place where my mother left me while she greets her favourite person so warmly I can feel the temperature in the house increasing as she opens the oh so gracious mouth of hers.

"Guess who's here Tyla?"

"Oh hi Jacob Parker what a surprise?" Yeah right surprise was the least thing that could feel from the tone I was using.

"Hi to you too my best friend." I am so not liking how he emphasised the term best friend.

"I am really starting to feel that Jacob has kind of started to be in our house more lately."

"Why, don't like seeing me here Jane?"

"That's not what I meant."

"Seriously mom what are you talking about? He has been coming over to our house all the time."

"Aa ah ah I didn't mean that; I meant since Jacob has been going through puberty he's stopped spending nights at our house unless it's your day but now he's sleeping over at ours quite often. Hmmm is there something I should know." She looks at both of us suspiciously while Jacob Parker threw an annoying smirk at me. I knew from that face what's cooking in that pretty little mind of his, so before he could open his smart mouth I butted in once again.

"You know mom whatever gutter you're collecting in your mind stop it because Jacob Parker is dating someone."

"Really who?"

"Lauren, Lauren Gilbert. You remember I talked to you about her one time." I chimed ignoring the looks from Jacob Parker.

"Oh that girl who's known to be the most beautiful girl in your school." I nod my head vigorously. "You are dating her." She says or more like asked Jacob who was busy staring at me so me being a great friend I am I answered for him.

"Yes mom. He is."

"Well that's sad." She murmurs to herself but we both heard it crystal clear causing us to focus our attention on her.

"Sad, what's so sad about it? Our favourite boy is dating the most beautiful girl in school it's not sad but happy thing." Today I was being really generous to Jacob Parker because every question my mom asked to him I was replying it in place for him which probably made my mother suspicious which I am guessing from the way she's looking at us. Of course she would as I was giving those answer in hurry sweating like I am in Africa right now.

"I think it's already time for me to head out." She takes her bag from the kitchen counter. "You know you should take this time talk to each other."

"Talk what's there to talk mom? We don't have anything to talk." I said as I followed her but soon get stopped by someone as in Jacob Parker grabbing my wrist.

"I appreciate it Jane, thank you. We really need to have a talk." His grasp on wrist getting tighter as he spoke.

"Well then see ya." My mom left the house, we two stayed silent until we heard mom's car drive away.

"Tyla."

"Yeah." My back was still facing his way too scared to face him.

"We need to talk."

"We are talking right now, aren't we?" As soon as the words came out of my mouth I was spun around so now I was face to face with him but I quickly diverted my gaze from him.

"What are you trying to do?"

"Wh- what do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean Miss Andrews." He yelled pulling me hard to his chest making me squeak.

"What do you think you were doing; telling Lauren I was planning a special date for her when in reality I was planning to end whatever nonexistence relation we had with each other." He was grasping my wrist so tight it was beginning to hurt so badly that I wouldn't be surprised if he left any marks on my wrist.

"Wh-- what's wrong with being in relationship with her, she's beautiful, kind, rich and is loved by everyone. If you'll go out with her, it'll benefit you a lot."

"Really, you are saying that-- he slammed me hard on the wall, I flinched due to the pain, I was honestly in the verge of crying because of the sudden dark aura coming from him-- you know exactly why I don't want her and you are asking what's wrong. What's f#cking wrong? You know I want nothing to do with her." His voice suddenly got low as he leaned his forehead on mine.

"All I want is you, the person I want to call mine, the person who I can share everything with is you. I don't want any rich perfect girl because I want you." He took a big sigh before continuing while tears roll down my face.

"I want the chubby girl who always gets insecure of her body filled with stretch marks, the girl who annoys the hella outta me but can't seem to live without her for a second, the girl who can stuff her face like cavewoman in front of me not giving two sh!TS about ladiness and all that jazz. I want you to be my girl Tyla Andrews not some Lauren Gilbert who I don't give a sh!t about."

"It can't happen Jacob." I took the his hand that was cupping my face while he leaned away and looked straight in my eyes.

"What do you mean it can't happen? Give me one reason why you think it can't happen."

"Look at you and look at me. You are Worthington High's no scratch that you are the town's most popular boy. Every single person knows you even those strangers we pass by on the streets, who we have never met in life knows you and me nobody knows me as Tyla Andrews. Even in our school people don't know me that much who am I they have no idea. They only know me as Jacob Parker's best no charity case."

"That's not---

"Let me finish Parker. You and I can never work, you are the popular hot jock, me I am the ugly fat girl who tails behind Jacob Parker like his pet. There are already people hating on me for our friendship, I don't want that hate to increase more because of some relationship. You and I are just good being best friends not lovers, what would people say when we will be together, it is just going to affect your reputation but with Lauren everything will go perfectly."

"Are you done? If you are then listen to me properly I don't care what you are saying, I don't care what other people say all I care about is you and about this stupid reputation of mine if I can't have you because of it, I don't give a sh!t about it."

"Well I give, I care about what other people say and I care about your reputation, once you lose it,it'll be very hard to gain again. So stop acting like an idiot and just carry on with your relation with Lauren. One day you'll come thanking me."

"If you are really confident about it then I'll also tell you this that after all this one day you'll come to me regretting whatever you did asking for forgiveness because you're not helping but just ruining not one but three lives." With that he went out of the house slamming the door hard leaving me all alone to cry myself.