CHAPTER 18

This chapter is dedicated to @Tati_Power for all those votes, thank you. You encourage me to write more.

Saturday came and went; and It's already the end of Sunday, mom didn't go to work today and spent the rest of the day with me. I won't lie I was really happy to have her all by me after a long time but still Jacob Parker not calling me since yesterday, it's really getting me. What might have happened that he's not calling me, I even called and texted him but he didn't replied to anything neither the calls nor text. Tomorrow's Monday I guess I'll meet and ask him tomorrow.

"Tyla!! Dinner's ready."

"Coming mom."

After the dinner I helped my mom with the dishes and watched some shows on TV but I was too occupied with the thought of my best friend I didn't notice what we were watching. Few minutes later I kissed my mom good night and headed to my room. I used the bathroom and changed my clothes and headed to the bed. Soon after thinking about Jacob Parker a lot sleep took over me.

============================

I woke up quiet early than most days and headed for the bathroom. I turned on the faucet and took a shower. After I was finished with my shower, I put on my undergarments and clothes which consist of black leggings, dark grey hoodie and black Nike. I went downstairs and headed to the kitchen to make some breakfast as I was really early today. I took out the ingredients to make pancakes as it's the only thing I know how to make. I started mixing all the ingredients and started making it. After satisfied with my work I took out the syrup and orange juice, I know my mom is home because she told me she starts late today but I am not waking her up because she probably needs more rest.

I finished my breakfast and started doing the dish. I thinking of leaving a note for my mom but I heard footsteps coming down.

*yawn*"hmm you're already awake."

  I walked towards her and kissed her cheeks. "Good morning mom, I was actually leaving now."

"Oh really."

"I have made some pancakes, eat it up before you leave and don't you dare try to leave the house empty stomach."

"Yes mom." My mom joked which I replied with a good girl.

"Sometimes I really get confused about our relationship, as much as I know I am the one who gave birth to you but you're the one who acts like you gave birth to me."

"Whatever it is mom, I love you and I need to go. So bye!!" I rushed out of the house but not before replying an ok to my mom's take care. I headed towards the bus stop with my  headphones plugged in phone. I was waiting for the bus when the same car which took me to downtown market came and stop in front of me. I smiled at the car owner.

"Hey!!"

"Hop in." He said gesturing with his head. I got inside and thanked him. In a matter of second we were already at school, I thanked him again before getting out and heading inside the school.

When I was inside the school I don't know why but I felt people looking at me and whispering to each other or was it just me. I don't think it's the latter one because I saw everyone pointing at me and whisper to their friends. Okay this is really odd. I took my books out from my locker and headed for my first class quickly because this stares were making me really uncomfortable.

I went inside to my class to see no one except Naomi the girl who sit beside me, she's your typical high school nerd big glasses and straight A student. I smiled at her before sitting down on my seat.

"Umm,, congrats."

"Huh!!??" OK this is confusing did I win something, why is she congratulating me?

"We--ll I~~i heard you're dating Nicholas Fernando the topper from junior year."

"Wait!!! What??" I think I yelled louder than expected because Naomi flinched and stammer her answer nervously.

"Yo~~u a~~re da~~ting Nicholas, it's all over the school."

"What do you mean it's all over the school?" She took out her phone, searched something and showed it to. There I saw pictures of me and Nicholas when we were shopping and eating ice cream yesterday. Not to mention the caption for the photo.

Nicholas Fernando the junior year's sexy nerd and Tyla Andrews Jacob Parker's best friend on a date. How cute!!!

This is ridiculous,what the heck is this some gossip girl shit. Next thing I know Blair and Sarena are joining our school. This stupid photo doesn't make sense, why would anyone even think about it as a date. Just because a guy and girl hangs out together it doesn't mean they are on date or dating. Oh my god, oh my god Jacob Parker I have to explain it to him, I don't know why but I am feeling a sudden urge to tell him that this is not true we just met coincidentally and we were just hanging out like friends and nothing more. I wonder what Jacob Parker might be thinking looking at this photos, I hope he's not mad and not being stupid enough to think this is true, this sh!t about me and Nicholas. Oh please please god don't let that idiot think this is true, I don't want him to get mad at me for this.

Why are you getting so worked up on it? My subconscious butted in.

Probably because Jacob Parker's my best friend and I don't want him to think wrongly of the pictures.

Really it's because he is your best friend are you sure, because the way you're behaving it's like he's more than just your best friend.

Huh? What the heck? As I was having a little convo with my subconscious mind I didn't notice the class was already filled and our teacher was getting started. I try to concentrate on the lesson but my mind was occupied by what and how am I going to explain Jacob Parker, if he's mad or not.