The Adventures of Professor P...

By regertz

In my first longer Proton Jr tale, can Prof Proton Jr. aka mild-mannered Sheldon Cooper and Dr. Amy aka Amy F... More

"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part I
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part II
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part III
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part IV
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part V
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part VI
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part VII
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part VIII
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part IX
"The Adventures of Professor Proton,Jr: The Proton Express..." Part X
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr. : The Proton Express..." Part XI
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part XII...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part XIII...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr.: The Proton Express..." Part XIV...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr.: "The Proton Express..." Part XV...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XVI...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XVII...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XVIII...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XIX...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express.." Part XX...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part XXI...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XXIII...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XXIV...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XXV...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XXVI...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express" Part XXVII...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XXVIII...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XXIX...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr.:"The Proton Express..." Part XXX...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XXXI...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XXXII...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XXXIII...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part XXXIV...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..."Part XXXV...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..."Part XXXVI...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..."Part XXXVII...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part XXXVIII...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part XXXIX...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part XL...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..."Part XLI...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part XLII...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..."Part XLIII...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part XLIV...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XLV...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XLVI...
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XLVII
The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XLIII...
"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part XLIX...
"Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part L

"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part XXII...

8 0 0
By regertz

"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..."

Summary: In my first longer Proton Jr tale, can Prof Proton Jr. aka mild-mannered Sheldon Cooper and Dr. Amy aka Amy F. Fowler save the world at Christmas...And can Proton Jr. keep that blond sob of an engineering genius Tom Swift, Jr. away from his girl?

Equally important...Should Cameragirl Penny allow this thing to appear on her acting credits or just accept that all hope of a professional career is gone and just enjoy while peddling her drugs?

[For those curious about the Tom Swift adventures, of course much of this is taken from "Tom Swift and His Diving Seacopter", one of the best books in the series which got me into science long, long, long ago.]

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

[Special note. Sorry for the delays on this and several others in progress but too many ideas at once and too much going on in real life these days. But, will see if we can move her along...]

Part XXII...

Proton frowning at Swift as they reviewed results from the dark matter detector...

"What is it, Proton?" Tom eyed his glaring stare. "I not only see it in your face but you're grinding those big Texas teeth of yours. Spit it out." Sigh.

"You were covering for Wyckcliffe...Munson, I mean. You knew all along she'd taken your codes."

"I did..." he nodded.

"You let us all be suspects...Not to mention we could've been killed just now."

"I told you she'd been the one at Swift Enterprises who'd had possible access. I just didn't say I could confirm she'd done it."

"Because she's your..."

"Would you condemn Amy without proof? This could have been serious, Proton...Treason serious if she were accused of joining Bwarry in working with the Russians. And I'm still not convinced she's entirely wrong wanting to spread the knowledge...You once thought so too."

"I still do, but..."

"I'm sorry you were implicated in any way...But I didn't know if she was the one who diverted the cargo and she wasn't, I believe that. She just trusted the wrong person with the information about the cargo."

"Bwarry..."

"Yes...But since I believe she intended to leak the information publicly, it could still have been anyone she'd confided in till he revealed himself."

Long stare...Shrewd look... "You...All-American Tom Swift...You don't trust the government." Proton eyed him.

"I trust them, up to a point. To be frank, there were people in our government who weren't overjoyed that we went to the UN at the same time as the US government about this. This is world-changing stuff, Proton. People will kill for it, perhaps as much out of fear of others getting it. You've just seen that." Swift, solemnly. "I didn't think it such a bad idea if Munson let things leak out and others in the scientific community learned what was going on."

"You and Munson..." Proton shook head.

"We've been rivals for years, like you and me." Grin. "And she's a lot prettier..."

"Don't you have a girlfriend?" stare.

I know Amy will be all "for years you've been mocking Swift as a straighter-arrow, more flag waving you, and now you're all shocked cause he's shown he's human?". Proton sighed to himself.

But I mean...This is Tom Swift, all-American boy. He doesn't cheat on his girlfriend. Or conceal from the government.

"My relationship with Phyllis is my own business, Proton. It's not a commitment one as yet, if you must know...Though I'm sure it would hurt her to know I'd been seeing Munson. Phyl is a great girl but she does worry she's not intellectual enough for me."

"And apparently..." Proton, shrewdly...

"No, I just happen to be a red-blooded all-American boy and Munson is beautiful and when not fighting with me, surprisingly sweet. It was just a brief affair, though I'm fond of her despite our differences and I hope Phyllis will understand." Eyeing Proton. "Come on, Arthur. You love Amy, much as you try to keep it completely smothered under your lab coat. Grant me the right to have feelings for somebody..."

"Well, I wouldn't..." Proton frowned.

"And I wouldn't self-righteously condemn you for liking Munson, if you did." Smile to Proton's shocked stare. "I'm not accusing you. But...It wouldn't be that odd, given the way you bicker. And while I concede you've behaved better than I, you are in love with Amy. Phyllis and I still aren't sure yet. Lets just say, I've no business poking into you and Amy and you have no business asking about me and Munson, except as to what she might have gleaned from me and passed to Bwarry."

"And the Russians...Swift, you do realize she may have played you for a fool." Proton, sternly. "However good an actress she was earlier...She might be in this as much as her brother."

"I choose not to believe that without proof." Swift shrugged. "If it's so, so be it. I promise you it won't affect my judgment regards the ship."

Proton sighed. "Well, for what it's worth. If it's true, I'm sorry." He nodded.

"Thanks. Well, lets see what we've got. Thank God we kept an eye on Bwarry...And Munson... around the detector."

"Yes, the readings appear accurate and match up well with your megascope prober's views. Tom?" Proton, carefully. "You didn't hold back anything else? There's no way to control the ship's landing that you concealed?"

"Afraid not. If there were, regardless of Bwarry's presence I would have taken us up on the Challenger to stop that thing from landing. If I could get through to our alien friends and do so, I would."

"Well, at least we know why the jamming was so successful. Putinsky must be supplying Bwarry with everything the Russians have to do so."

"I rather suspected it. It was too powerful to be just some rogue scientist alone."

"It really may be war if Putinsky gets the cargo, won't it?"

"I think so. The UN and the US won't stand for him having that tech and those potential bioweapons alone in his hands. He's a dictator and a murderer. They'll strike as quickly as they can...And that could mean war even if they try to keep it limited."

"My God...We have to get that cargo first, Tom. Or..."

"Yeah." Swift nodded. "But only if absolutely necessary. And frankly, I'm not sure we could destroy it."

"Wyckcliffe has a sub at his disposal, he must be planning to let the ship crash and seize it on the surface or on the way to the bottom if it sinks..." Proton noted.

"I believe so..."

"But you can stop them...The way you used the ship's repelatrons before..."

"Maybe...And I do have a few other tricks. But I was sincere about the alien ship, there's no way to be sure it's safe to try to use even a broad spectrum repel on it. Though I have a couple of ideas...If you have a moment and for once, don't mind a little do-daddling with me..."

"In this cause, I'll do-daddle. So long as you tell no one." Proton insisted, Tom grinning.

...

"Welcome abroad the Lermontov..." the tall officer in braided uniform greeted the newly descended Wyckcliffs, both with blankets wrapped about their soaked clothes. "Sorry we had to take you aboard in such a fashion, though I'm glad you were unhurt. My lieutenant will escort you to your cabins so you can change."

"Thanks, comwrade officewr." Bwarry smiled.

"I'm a Captain in the Russian fleet, Dr. Wyckcliffe and my English is, I think, reasonably good. It ought to be."

"Yeah..." Munson nodded, eyeing the Captain shrewdly. "You were once a governor and a vice-presidential candidate, Mrs. Pulin. Before you and Crumpt were exposed and fled."

"Yeah...I could see Roosia from my front porch." The officer smiled, "But alls fair in global politics and war. Though my uncle, President Putinsky, prefers unfair."

"Well, we'wre pleased to see youwr uncle and his govewrnment have put theiwr best foot fowrward in this one." Bwarry beamed. "Nice to know the KGB...er...The FSB..." to her hard stare... "Has their best here, eh sis?"

"Sure." Munson, noncommittally grim.

"I prefer my naval status. I was never pleased to have to lie, especially to my running mate...Such a fine man he was...And portray such a loon as Governor Pulin." The Captain nodded.

"To each theiwr own." Bwarry smiled. "Awre we on couwrse?"

"To the coordinates you provided." The Captain nodded. "But you realize, surely, that the UN will be on its way...And Swift will likely beat us there. My government won't risk surface ships and planes can't stay out there without a carrier."

"That's fine...And I am counting on Tom Swift beating us thewre." Bwarry smiled. "Just sowrry I have to blow my covewr...And sis'..." Munson, slightly clouded look. "But it couldn't be helped, Dwr. Hofstadter wrefused to coopewarate."

"My cousin...But a bit of a radical as to idealism. I prefer patriotism as my career indicates."

"Sowrry, then. Captain Hofstadtewr?" Bwarry eyed the Captain who returned stare.

"Putinsky. Captain Sarafina Putinsky. The Sara at least was true, nickname wise." She gave slightest of smiles. "Though the husband and rather promiscuous daughter were phony. As I say..." shrug... "Global politics and war."

"Well, I'd say we wewre in good hands hewre." Bwarry beamed. "In case things with Swift and Proton get difficult."

"I shall hope not. Mr. Swift is a brilliant inventor and has made many contributions. Professor Proton likewise." Faint smile. "My real daughter loves his show on You Tube."

("And cut...And welcome back before the camera, 'Captain Putinsky'." Howard beamed to a pleased Penny. "And please get that uniform off, if it's stained in any way, including Nebraska farm girl sweat, we own it. Lesley? Very nice on the noncommittal angst." As Penny frowned a bit but complied.

"Sure...Thanks for not making me Dr. Absolute Ms. Evil, guys." Lesley, grinning. "I know it must have been tempting for both of you...Herr Direcktor und Herr Screenwriter."

"Yeah...Nice job making Lesley's character so complex, Herr Screenwriter." Penny eyed Leonard.

"Well, both yours are complex..." he noted. "Captain Putinsky is modeled on the Romulan commander in 'Balance of Terror'. A decent officer and patriot who's troubled by what she's doing."

I hate and love knowing who he means...Penny thought.

I thought we were modeling her on the Russian commander in "2010", Raj hissed to Howard.

"Too nice. We want her able to push the button or spend years as a sleeper agent in the US but still retaining a core decency." Howard noted.

"I thought Leonard came up with this one last night..." Bernadette frowned. "And you never told you consulted him on the new, complex character."

Ummn... "Bernadette Swift-Rostenkowski is very complex...Just staunch, ya know? And she hasn't died yet." Howard tried.

"She better not. Mr. Jones really does like me you know." Grim look.

"So...Exactly what is this film, Leonard?" a rather puzzled and troubled Wil Wheaton to Leonard, Wil in suit, looking about.

"There's my treacherous uncle Pyotr..." Penny beamed.

"I thought we were getting Brent Spinner..." Bernadette hissed to Howard. "The fireworks with Proton/Sheldon would have been..."

"I know, I know...But he was doing ' ' next week and said he couldn't get into another public brawl with, 'I quote' that loon Cooper.")

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 1.5K 51
The year is 2018. Sheldon Cooper is about to take a step in his life he never thought he would take. He is getting married, to Amy Farrah-Fowler. Ma...
518 124 28
3rd Place Winner in the Platinum Community Awards-short story 🥉 2nd Pace Winner in the Hot Chocolate Awards-short story 🥈 3rd Place Winner in The B...
32 0 10
From how Amy's life is unfolding to where she fell in love with her co-star just because she broke a rule, and finally facing her father. What is the...
22.5K 309 29
You are a fairly popular girl at SPH, (south park high) you are friendly to everyone and given the chance, are open to making new friends. Problem is...