Empire

By writingathome23

Lux has been thrust into the Upper East Side after loosing her parents. A year later she's still struggling t... More

Chapter 1: Coming Home
Chapter 2: It's A Sandwich, Chuck!
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73: New Haven Can Wait
Chapter 74
PLEASE READ
Chapter 76: Shotgun To The Heart
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
NOTE: PLEASE READ
{Empire Video}
Chapter 82
Chapter 83: Heroic
Chapter 84: Thank You
Chapter 85: Goodbye New Haven
Chapter 86: Breakfast With The Brady's
Chapter 87: A Wager Fit For A Bass
NOTE: PLEASE READ
Note
Gossip Girl Exclusive

Chapter 4

13.9K 284 38
By writingathome23

Empire Chapter 4, a gossip girl fanfic | FanFiction

Chapter 4:

Lux's Point of View

I awoke in the morning to the sound of a light knock on my bedroom door, "Rise and shine!" Blair said, as she waltzed into my bedroom. I rolled over and glanced at the clock on the bed side table, 7:15am it read. I groaned. No one should be awake this early on a weekend, no one, it's not normal. I grabbed a feather down pillow and covered my head with it. Last night was a complete and udder disaster. For a semi smart girl I made a really stupid decision following Carter Baizen up onto that roof.

"Someone is trying to sleep here, can't you tell?" I groaned. I could hear Blair rummaging through my closet furiously throwing things on the floor and on the bed, I felt a boot or heel or something hard hit me dead in the back. I whipped my head up to see Blair still throwing things out of my closet.

"Blair, what are you doing?" I whimpered out sitting the rest of the way up in the bed, chucking a pillow across the room at her. She dodged it and laughed.

"Have you seen my Michelle Parries?" Blair huffed as she continued her search; I rolled my eyes and got out of bed and walked down the hall into her room, and pulled the pair of green heels out her closet and headed back to my room.

"They were in your closet." I said, dangling them in front of her. Her eyes lit up like a kid looking at ice cream and she snatched them out of my hand. "What happened to your neck?" Blair said, concern suddenly washing over her.

"Carter Baizen happened." I said, rolling my eyes and heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth for the thousandth time. I've been trying to brush the feeling of his tongue out of my mouth on and off all night.

"He likes it rough then?" Blair teased, as she followed me in the bathroom and began primping herself in the mirror. She was still in her silk robe and pajamas. I watched out of the corner of my eye as Blair ran her fingers through her auburn hair. Everyone says that Blair and I look a lot alike, we have the same hair color and the same button nose which I always thought was a little odd.

"No, he tried too... I don't know." I whispered after I finished brushing my teeth. I stared at myself in the mirror, I had a softball sized purple and green bruise on the side of my neck where Carter had pinned his arm against me. My back was also a little sore from the windowpane he'd shoved me against.

"Are you okay?" Blair asked, touching my arm as I drifted off into space for a moment. I looked at her and gave her a tiny smile.

"Nothing happened. I'm fine." I said, nodding my head. Blair looked at me skeptically then let it go, knowing that's what I wanted her to do.

We both walked back into my bedroom, it was a decent size room with a queen size canopy bed with a floral down comforter. Eleanor had decorated it before I moved in. I sat down on the edge of the bed and picked up my phone, glancing at the screen I could see Chuck had called me a few times. "Get ready, I'm going to call Nate. I'm sure he forgot about brunch today." Blair said, before turning and heading back to her room.

I scrolled through my phone and decided to call Chuck back while I searched for something to wear to his father's annual brunch today. It was more for his business associates, but Chuck had invited us to attend as well. The phone rang a few times before I heard Chuck's smooth voice answer the phone,

"Hey... I called you a few times...Are you okay?" He asked hesitantly.

"I'm fine, Chuck. Really I am. I was fine when you asked me on the stairs, when you asked me in the limo on the way home, before and after you watched me brush my teeth." I sort of laughed out. He sighed on the other end of the phone. I could practically hear him rolling his eyes on the other end.

"I'm just checking. I should have just shoved Baizen off the roof." He snarled through the phone. I smirked, picturing it. I wanted to do that to him myself after last night. I pulled out a cream colored dress with a bird pattern out of my closet and laid it on my bed and began to search for some shoes to go with it.

"I don't really think an orange jumpsuit is your color Chuck. Although there isn't much that you can't pull off. " I teased, trying to lighten the mood.

"Funny." Chuck replied with sarcasm, "Look if you want to talk to someone about it, not me of course. I'd be happy to find someone for you to talk to." He went on, I paused in my closet. As scared as I was last night nothing major had happened. Carter tried to take advantage of me; it was no more than a few rough kisses and his hand up and down my dress. I shuddered at the thought of that.

"I'm okay, I just feel stupid for thinking he wanted to "talk" to me, you know." I admitted, unsure why I was confiding in him and not Blair. "You trust people, which normally wouldn't be a bad thing." He replied, as I heard him drop something on the other end.

"Yeah, except when it comes to Carter." I shot back, pulling a pair of black suede heels out of my closet then putting them back again.

"I'll see you at brunch then?" Chuck asked, "I'm getting ready as we speak." I replied. "I'll see you later today." I said, before hanging up the phone. I pulled a pair of short brown leather boots out of the closet and sat them on the floor by my bed.

Chuck had been a complete gentleman last night, walking me to my room once we arrived home. Making sure I was alright, it was actually really sweet, or it would have been if he was such an ass the rest of the time. I got a shower and pulled on my dress and a pair of black tights to go with it, and slipped on my boots.

I walked down the hall and peeked inside Blair's room, "Hey, I'm going to get some air. I'll be back before it's time to leave." I said, as she shooed me out of the room with her hand. She was on the phone with Nate no doubt. I left Blair on the phone and headed to the kitchen to steal some bread out of the fridge. I was heading to my favorite spot in Central Park to feed the ducks. It's something I used to do with my mother on the weekends or when I'd had a particularly bad day. Now I go just to hold on to the memories, since they are all I have left...

Chucks Point of View

After I'd hung up with Lux I'd crawled back into to bed with the two waitresses that had oh so generously decided to offer their services to me after the party. I'd just started to relax again when I heard Nate's phone buzzing on the coffee table. He practically lived here most weekends, so like always he was crashed out on the couch. I tried to ignore the incessant buzzing but to no avail.

"Nathaniel, some of us are trying to regain our strength!" I said, realizing just how hung over I actually was from the party last night and the "after" party with the two brunettes curled into my sides at the moment. Nate groaned and fumbled to pick up his phone, knocking things off the table from what I could I hear.

Last night didn't exactly end the way I had anticipated it to end. Seeing as I was expecting Lux to be the brunette lying in my bed this morning. Instead I ended up playing the knight and shining amour for the beautiful damsel in distress. How much more cliché can that get?

"Your dad's brunch is today." Nate said, tossing his phone back onto the coffee table.

"The alarm is set for 9." I informed him. Today is my father's annual kiss his ass brunch. He holds one every year. A morning filled with food, friends and a hundred of my father's closest business associates.

"It's 10 already." Nate said, moaning and groaning as he sat up on the couch. Well I don't think there is any chance of just blowing off this brunch. I sighed and sat up in the bed, detangling myself from the ladies. While I might not have ended the night with Lux, I still had a very interesting night to say the least.

"Ladies, double time!" I said, clapping my hands to wake them up. It was fun while it lasted, but there's no need for them to stick around any longer. They begrudgingly climbed out of bed and gathered there belongings. Nate watched them with amusement; if he wasn't tethered to Blair he could have fun like I do.

"I'll be sure to tell my father just how enthusiastic you both are about the hospitality industry." I said, as I lead them to the door. They smiled, probably expecting me to get their numbers. Instead I shoved them out the door and made my way into the kitchenette area to make one of my well known hangover cures.

"That kid popped you pretty good." Nate huffed as he sat himself down in one of the bar stools across the counter. He was referring to the black eye Carter had somehow given me. I'd barley felt it when he punched me in the face, probably because it felt more like a swat than closed handed fist. He hit like a freaking girl.

"He sucker punched me, alright?" I snorted, pouring some contents into the blender. Nate was so busy worrying about Blair and Serena he'd hardly noticed anything had happened with the Lux, and he's supposed to look after her like a sister.

"Who'd you get in fight with and why?" Nate asked as he ran his fingers through his shaggy hair.

"It was Carter Baizen; if I could I'd hunt him down and kill him. He needs to go back to Guam or wherever the hell he came from." I hissed as I put a few drops of liquor into the hangover cure. I really wished I'd beat his ass for even looking at her. I love women don't get me wrong, but there are lines you don't cross. When they aren't into it, I back off. Why have sex with someone who's not interested? It irks me to no end.

"Oh because you kill people now? What are you going to do, strangle him with your scarf?" Nate teased, throwing my scarf at my face. I rolled my eyes, and flung it back. "Don't mock the scarf, Nathaniel. It's my signature."

"I'm just saying death by scarf, not very intimidating." Nate said, picking at the granite counter top. He's so in over his head with Blair and Serena. He'd gone so far as telling Blair that he'd screwed her best friend, and she took him back, but he's still obviously caught up in Serena it's not even funny.

"He sucker punched me, I told you. Besides, better a broken nose, than a broken heart." I said, searching the disaster of a kitchen for the top to the blender. Nate's face froze as he stared at me.

"What? I didn't even talk to Serena last night." He said surprisingly, knitting his eyebrows together. God, with Serena back I can already tell this is going to be one hell of a school year.

"Who said anything about Serena?" I quipped back, cocking my head to the side smirking. He's so done for. I found the top to the blender and turned it on, letting the whirring from the blender fill the silence as I secretly laughed on the inside at Nate's problems. There's a cardinal rule, if you're going to cheat on your girlfriend, don't do it with someone she knows. I learned that the hard way...

Lux's Point of View

"Hey!" I said, as I spotted Jenny walking down 5th street, I was on my way home from feeding the ducks. It was peaceful by the pond which is exactly what I needed after last night's kiss on the lips party. I'm done thinking about Carter and what happened, I'm putting it behind me and getting over it. Why keep dwelling on it?

"Hey! I was just in the neighborhood." Jenny laughed out as she readjusted the wardrobe hanger she was carrying over her shoulder. I smiled, and laughed back. "You should come to brunch today, if you're not busy that is?" I suggested, as I felt my phone beep in my dress pocket. Jenny's eyes lit up, but she quickly composed herself.

"Oh I couldn't I just stopped by Blair's to return some of her calligraphy pens and helped her get ready. I wouldn't impose like that." She said, shaking her head.

"Non-sense! You're coming with me! It'll be fun, or it should be." I said, grabbing her hand and pulling her back towards the apartment building. Jenny and I made small talk on the way up the elevators; we stepped out when the doors glided open. As we walked through the foray I noticed a familiar tall blonde standing in the sitting room. Serena.

"I'll be up in a few minutes. You can look through my closet for a dress, or where that one." I told Jenny as she nodded and scampered up the staircase. I strode into the sitting room, just in time to hear Blair confronting Serena.

"Because you had sex with my boyfriend." Blair said, glaring at Serena over the morning paper in her hands. Blair looked at me as I walked in and gave me "the you better play along look," she didn't know I already knew. I sat down on the lounge chair across from them. Blair knew? How did she find out? I don't think Chuck had the decency to tell her, but maybe he did.

"H-How did you find out?" Serena asked, sitting down in shock.

"Nate, at least he had the decency to tell me." Blair said, turning the page to the newspaper a little harshly. Serena looked at me for help, but I avoided looking at her. Not because I didn't know what to say, more so I didn't kill her. We were all supposed to be best friends, and have each other's backs, not stabbing knives into them.

"I don't know what to say, Blair." Serena hardly whispered the words out, as Blair stood up and motioned for me to follow.

"Don't bother, I wouldn't believe you anyway." Blair retorted as we headed for the stairs. Serena mumbled words under her breathe in an attempt to get Blair to stop and listen to her heartfelt apology. Blair was already up the steps, but I wasn't I turned and faced her. She was on the brink of tears already.

"What do I do?" She asked, expecting me to be on her side or help her mended the fence she'd broken. Really? I've known about this for two days, and it's killed me to keep it a secret from Blair. She's known for a year almost and said nothing.

"I don't know Serena. You know I always knew you were a whore, but I never thought you were a liar too. She was your best friend. " I said harshly, stepping forward towards her. She looked at me, with such agony in her eyes. "I deserved that." She finally said, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"How do I fix this?" She asked her eyes misty. Serena was beautiful and beguiling, she could have any guy she wanted with the snap of her fingers or flip of her hair. Nate had fallen for it too.

"You don't. You just stay away, from me from Blair, her boyfriend and our friends. You're done here Serena. It's your own damn fault." I said, trying to control my temper, I hadn't told Blair so this was the least I could do for her. Serena sighed and sniffled as she headed for the elevator. I felt terrible for bitching her out, but it needed to be done. I hurried up the stairs to make sure Blair didn't murder Jenny for being in our rooms alone...

Chucks Point of View

I'd grabbed a quick shower and thrown on a suit for today's festivities, I pushed my sunglasses up the bridge of my nose with the pad of my thumb and headed outside. Nate hadn't been in the suite when I came out so he's probably smoking a joint out here without me, dick.

"There you are. What are you doing? I asked, as I walked out of the lobby. I saw Nate talking to two guys, the one I recognized as Carter and the other didn't really matter. Why the hell is he here? This is the perfect opportunity to kick his ass.

"Nothing man, waiting for you." Nate said, as he walked over to meet me half way. I pulled my sunglasses off and glared at Carter, who was already smirking. "With him?" I asked, walking over towards him more. My blood was already boiling over at this point.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I yelled, as I went at him. Nate shoved me back lightly.

"What do you own this hotel?" Carter shot back at me, moving closer. Nate is the only thing saving his ass right now. I pushed forward again and clenched my fist. "Yeah, actually his parents do own this hotel now." Nate spoke up, glancing back at Carter. I'll be sure to tell the front desk not to give him or his family a room here.

"Yeah, so you don't have a reason to be here. I'm going to have to ask you to wait on the curb with the rest of the trash." I snapped out, shoving Nate so I could move closer to him. All I needed was one hit and I'd be happy. Okay, maybe two. Three tops.

"Don't you think we're taking this a little too far, I mean is she really worth it." Carter threatened, giving me a wicked grin. I shoved Nate again, harder trying to go at him. But he pulled me off to the side. "I haven't even started." I growled back; finally close enough to shove Carter.

"Man chill out," Nate said, pulling on my arm forcing me back away from him again.

"Why are you defending this little bitch? If anyone should be kicking his ass right now it should be you man!" I said, as Nate drug me around the wrought iron gate to the entrance of the hotel.

"This isn't over, Bass." Carter hollered over his shoulder, I spun around to face him. "Anytime, man. That one black eye is looking a little lonely. Next time I hit you, it won't be the little bitch slap you gave me." I said, walking away. I straightened out my suit and tie and proceeded to call my driver around and the front desk of the lobby....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

516K 9.3K 54
An Upper East Side Princess who is willing to throw away her crown for what? The chance to travel the world with no expectations or worry about what...
1M 15.8K 124
Flavia Van Der Woodsen is New York's It Girl #1. Flavia's life isn't as perfect as you might think. It's the opposite. She seems cool from the outsid...
107K 2.1K 40
❝𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗜 𝘀𝗮𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹, 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗟𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝗿𝗿𝗼𝗿, 𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗽 𝗼𝗳 𝗿𝘂𝗺 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝘁𝗼�...
7.6K 162 10
♡ Story Completed. ♡ They hold hands. They go to the movies. They manipulate. They hurt. They love. After a devastating moment of heartbreak at Gard...