THE EXAM CALLED LIFE

By CentineooLove

[•At some point you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out rather they fit you in. L... More

PROLOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 39
A/N
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
EPILOGUE
FINAL A/N

CHAPTER 29

42 10 3
By CentineooLove

*DETECTIVE BLAKE*

"Hello brother," said Luther which made me gag. I looked at his ride and whistled.

"Hmm, I see that life has been indeed treating you right. Oh wait, it never has! Where did you steal that car from?" I smirked walking towards my brother. I was disgusted by the mere thought of us being related that knowing it was actually real made me feel repulsed.

"Oh you know, my sister got it for me," he said spitefully.

"I forgot you only take handouts and have never actually had to work for anything-" He took a swing at me and thanks to my awfully fast reflexes, I caught his fist and twisted his arm to his back making him yelp in pain.

"The next time you try that again, I will make sure to knock all of your teeth out of your mouth smart ass," I hissed pushing him forcefully to his royal blue car of which he hit and fell hard on the ground.

"Ah!" He exclaimed being rather bipolar on whether to soothe his arm or abdomen. I made as if to get him up and punch his molars out but his voice stopped me. My father's voice; Eric Mendoza.

"Break it up boys! Honestly when are the two of you never fighting?" He asked walking towards us with a cigar in hand and two armed men behind him. Way to keep a low profile dad.

"He started it!" Luther exclaimed. He always wanted to be the better son, the loyal of us all but we both knew that I had always been and will always be father's favourite till the end of time.

"Now you're pointing fingers? You are such a cry baby," I scoffed then added, "When are you ever going to stop kissing father's ass?"

To watch Luther's vein pop at his cervical area always made me look forward to our father-son moments. Fueling his rage was always my favourite part of the day. With gritted teeth, he tried to take a swing at my legs but I was too fast for him and caught his right foot giving him a back breaker submission maneuver whereby I pulled his head backwards while I lay towards his right side with his legs caught between mine as I tugged at his legs and head with all I had. He struggled and writhed within my grasp which only made me tug harder.

"You are putting immense pressure on his spine stop it Rafael!" My father shouted and I hesitantly released him which made him grovel on the ground gasping for air and groaning with his hand to his back.

My father walked towards me with a smile etched on his face before punching hard making me bite myself. Quite hard I might add due to the odd taste of blood filling my mouth. I spat and looked towards him as he eyed me emotionless.

"Nothing makes a father prouder than to see his two sons working together! But nothing also makes them angrier than to see them rip each other apart. So I will not have you two fighting like a couple of pompous fools while we have better things to discuss!" He bellowed taking a puff from his thick brown cigar.

"What do you want from us this time?" I asked. Sure he had punched the shit out of me but that did not mean that I was going to shut up. Unlike Anton Karev Mendoza better known as Luther, I spoke my mind.

Anton and I were brothers from the same parents but we also had a sister. Fernanda Alcocer Mendoza was my twin sister. Anton was our elder brother but I seemed to be the mature and most sensible one of our siblings. Fernanda died in a terrible accident that was caused by, according to my father, Oliver Gabriel Cole. My father became the ruthless tycoon that he is to date and we had Oliver Cole to blame for that.

"Oliver thinks he can outsmart me but I have a plan. I have already signed a contract of a business deal between Villa and Delux Avida. So I need you two to be playing your parts really well."

"Actually father I can't for sometime. Joanne is sick and.... I need more time" begged Anton / Luther.

"Getting married and falling in love was not part of the plan Anton, It never is. So I would rather if you sucked it up. The longer we wait the less time we have. You should be like your brother here who has not been distracted by a woman.

I gulped knowing that my heart belonged to another and I had actually proposed. Anton knew about the proposal hadn't he? I had done a lot of work keeping this news from my father and his goons for that whole week from the media. If he knew about Champagne I was sure her life would be at stake too and there was no way I was going to allow it. I would rather have died. Here is what's funny. If someone had told me that I would have been uttering those words in regards to a woman months ago, I would have laughed in their face. I was never the type to settle. I did not think I could but Champagne.... She got me sipping on something that I had never known I'd survive its fever. Its fever was love.

I turned to look at Anton swallowing loudly in satisfaction with my arms spread wide. "You know I always heed to your words father, I'm the better son."

"Welcome to the ass kissing club you pathetic loser," insulted Anton. He looked ridiculous insulting me with his back barely straight.

"Do you want me to paralyze you some more you half witted prick?" I asked cupping his face in my right hand and felt my father's arm on my shoulder.

"Rafael Emilio Mendoza! Stand down. The next time you make me repeat myself I will maim you," he said meaning every word as his grey eyes bore into mine. Living in Britain had really paid off riding us of most of our mexican accents. Luther's faded and he quickly picked the American one, my father's was still a thick mexican one but since I spent half of my life in Britain, I picked up their accent. I still could not believe how fucked up our whole family was.

"I'm going to need you to take out Aramina Cole" The words echoed through my ears to brain and I felt as if I was suffocating.

"What exactly do you mean by 'take out'? We are not killing her right?"

"Not yet-"

"What do you mean not yet? There isn't going to be a 'yet'. Father you promised not to kill anyone," I was beginning to feel hopeless.

"Anton is going to cover that part of the job-"

"WHAT? NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT. " Anton hated me, I knew that but I loathed him more than I loathed this pathetic lifestyle I chose to bring my father's enemies to my knees. I felt like I was in the mafia or something since I had been by my father's side since birth unlike Luther who was sold off to a foster home when he was a few days old. Sometimes I could sit and look at the man who raised me and wonder what had happened in his life for him to change. Fernanda and I grew up in the light about our elder and told that he would come home soon. How could someone be possibly that extreme as to sell off their child?

I will not deny the fact that when Shepherd and I met at the hospital and reminisced on the good old days, I sort of missed just being Rafael Emilio Mendoza. Life sure was a whole lot easier having no burden to carry on our shoulders. As soon as I turned seven my fathers problems became mine and I remember him giving us fake passports and we completely changed to the names which we had now. Father was disappointed to hear about Anton's arrest and did nothing to have him taken out.

I continued to be the golden child until Anton finally came into the picture. From the moment I knew we would be working together, I hated him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the hate at first sight kind of person but it happened with my elder brother. From the moment I met Aramina Cole at that office, I knew that she had altered my fate somehow with all her perfection. Anton obviously had to come to the picture since he always had to have what I had but the joke was on him because this time around, he would not be getting the girl, I would.

"Should I begin to question your loyalty towards your family Emilio?"

"Don't call me that. My name is Blake"

"Not to me you are not. You are Rafael Emilio Mendoza. Mendozas' should always be proud of their names."

"So what have you got planned for Aramina? Tell me," I pressed on.

"Nothing... Just a little scare. I presume you can handle that Rafael?"

"Certainly," I said with a stern look on my face knowing really well what I was going to do.

"Do not disappoint. Oliver became a coward and came at my family and business first instead of coming at me like a real man. I will most certainly get him for that," he said taking a puff from his cigar once more.

"Was that all father?"

"Yes it was. Scurry off home. We shall meet again," he said accompanied by his goons towards his huge car and drove off. I looked at Luther whose legs seemed as though they would give out from his body weight due to the damage I had done to his spine and almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

"What are you looking at you dickhead?" He spat.

"I would ask if you needed any help but as the dick you think I am I will just walk away and leave you to it," I said walking slowly to my volvo. I waited for the prick to call for me but when he did not, I felt annoyed with myself because I seemed to care for a moment. Without hesitation, I drove to my place and was there in twenty minutes. All I needed then was a long shower and some food. My father always seemed to drain all the energy from me.

The gates opened for me and was surprised to find a car at the middle of the driveway. I knew this car. It was a red Mercedes g wagon. I took the gun from my dashboard and hooked it to the front of my trouser keeping my right securely on it. There was an eerie silence in the air as I slowly walked into the house. The doors leading to the pool were open and I swiftly looked around the room then headed towards the pool. I raised the nine millimeter gun in the air on hearing the sound of water ruffling and appeared to the scene.

~°~°~°~°~°~

A/N;

Thank you guys so much for supporting me so far! It's not taken for granted and again, if you have any ideas, comment!

ILY ❤🤗🤗

I lOVE HUGS TOO 🤗🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.4K 2.8K 31
you can see it on Amazon Kindle... In the heart of Victorian London lives a girl names Katherine Davis. She is the real life Cinderella yet she was d...
9K 501 42
JAY : Being a single dad is most responsible Plus hectic task. But at the same time it's really a beautiful and Amazing feeling in the world, Seeing...
106K 2.8K 23
When up-and-coming fashion mogul Luna learns her company is on the brink of financial ruin, she strikes a business deal with self-made billionaire co...
62.5M 2.7K 6
Brielle Newman A 21-year-old girl who was struggling to make life comfortable for herself and her niece, Delilah. Her sister left the baby the minute...