The Golden Lie || Midas x Rea...

By lootblindmuselk

Y/n is Shadow's best agent. When Chaos Agent sends her on a mission to go undercover as a Ghost agent, Y/n fi... More

Before You Read 💓
chapter 1 - mission : infiltrate ghost
chapter 2 - missing agent
chapter 3 - undercover agent
chapter 4 - meet the agents
chapter 5 - welcome to ghost
chapter 6 - the first mission
chapter 7 - defend the yacht
chapter 8 - fight for the yacht
chapter 9 - narrow escape
chapter 10 - complicated feelings
chapter 11 - a midnight stroll
Chapter 12 - dead or alive
Chapter 13 - the plan
Chapter 14 - admitting to yourself
Chapter 15 - the secret room
Chapter 16 - taking back the yacht
Chapter 17 - the only one i want *SMUT*
Chapter 18 - the morning after
Chapter 19 - reality hurts
Chapter 20 - sometimes quiet is violent
Chapter 21 - the past catches up
Chapter 22 - tormented by the nightmares
Chapter 23 - melting his golden heart
Chapter 24 - this means war
Chapter 25 - the fall of the agency
Chapter 27 - prepare the device
Chapter 28 - doomsday begins
Chapter 29 - letting go of the past
Chapter 30 - harsh apologies
Chapter 31 - dirty little sinners *SMUT*
Chapter 32 - calm after the storm
Chapter 33 - at his mercy *SMUT*
Chapter 34 - 48 hours
Chapter 35 - her golden touch
Chapter 36 - "make me proud."
chapter 37 - the daughter
chapter 38 - peace
a sincere thank you to my wonderful readers

Chapter 26 - the golden lie

2.2K 100 113
By lootblindmuselk

Y/n had no idea how much time had passed. Her head and body was throbbing in pain, and she couldn't move.

"Wake her up. We need her for the next phase of our plan."

"What if she doesn't wake up?"

"She has a pulse, you fucking idiot. Of course she'll wake up! We told Renegade Shadow to bring her to us alive."

"She's starting to wake up... shut up and go-"

"M-Midas," the weakened girl stammered softly, her eyes skewed shut in pain. She started to breathe in and out heavily as a hand lay on her shoulder, "Hey, hey. It's alright."

Y/n whimpered and started to flutter her eyes open, her eyes desperately trying to focus on the figure in front of her. Soon, her eyes adjusted and she instantly knew who was in front of her.

"Sorona... So-soron-?!" her eyes widened and she immediately tried to back away in fear, instantly regretting it as her back roared in flames of pain the moment she moved.

She screamed and threw her head back, trying desperately to move from the table she laid on, to no avail.

"Calm down," Sorona frowned, resting her hand on her shoulder again. "You're safe. We're fixing you up... you got in a nasty explosion."

"Y-You did this!" Y/n stammered, her breathing heavy as she glared at Sorona. "No, neither of us did," a bone chilling familiar voice spoke lowly.

Y/n turned her head to the left slightly and saw Chaos Agent - or who she assumed to be - slowly walk into the room she was being held in.

"Our Agent, Renegade Shadow, saved you. You should be grateful, though I wouldn't expect you to be grateful of anything I do for you now," Chaos Agent spoke.

Y/n gulped. He looked much, much scarier than before - mainly because his true form was being shown off to the world. His mask and breathing tank were gone, and instead his black body of goop was floating freely, sending chills down her spine.

"Wh-where's Midas... what did you do to him?" Y/n tried to remain calm, but Chaos just laughed, "Ah, he's fine. We haven't even gone near him yet. You're a brave girl, Y/n. Even after Sorona kidnapped you, you still chose to run back to your sweet little Golden Boy, hmm?" Chaos Agent wandered over to her table, leaning close by it.

"Too bad you'll suffer the same fate as his past lover. Though, I'd hardly consider you a lover... He was so infatuated with Damodice," Chaos Agent smirked, the goop moving just slightly to show it off.

"He loves me," Y/n narrowed her eyes, "This is between you and me, Chaos. Leave him out of it."

"Did you forget, that your entire mission was to gather intel on Midas, kill him, and report back to us? And, like Sorona mentioned, you did neither of the sort. You failed me, Y/n. And I refuse to let failures walk free," Chaos growled.

"Why do you even care so much about Midas, anyway!" Y/n snapped back, "You're obsessed with him! And for what? The fact he doesn't believe in your ideals?!"

"HE DID THIS TO ME!" Chaos Agent yelled at her, slamming his fist onto the table, making her pull her legs away in fear. "He tried to murder me. All because he didn't see things the way I saw them."

"That's not true!" Y/n responded. She was going to support Midas, no matter what. Chaos Agent was the bad guy here, not Midas.

"Did he ever tell you how we met? Did he ever tell you anything at all, Y/n?" Chaos sneered, anger boiling in his veins.

Y/n remained silent, allowing him to chuckle, "Figured. Stay comfortable, sweetheart..." Chaos Agent sat down, crossing his arms, "this will take awhile."

Y/n only glared at him, waiting for him to continue. "You know me. I am a man of science. So, when Oro approached me to discuss duplicating his golden touch power so I myself could possess it, I knew I needed a test subject. So I found a young boy near the age of 14 to use instead, Midas."

"I took him in. He had nothing, it wasn't as if he was leaving anything behind. I started training him, and I gave him a proper home to live in. I saved him. And yet, he didn't see it that way. He tried to run away. So, before it was ready, I infused him with Oro's golden touch. He was 16. After that, he knew I meant business, and stayed with me. At least, until he was 18."

Chaos Agent shook his head and chuckled, "When he was 18, he met one of my other test subjects, Damodice. She was around 23 at the time, I think. I guess they messed around, and they tried sneaking out of my compound. She ended up getting pregnant. So, naturally... I had to punish him."

"He didn't do anything wrong!" Y/n responded, growing angry again, sitting up. She winced, but clenched her fists.

"So you think. He was horrible and ungrateful of everything I gave him. He thought he could just run off and leave? He was wrong. He refused to break up with her, so I did what I had to do. He chose poorly, and I shot Damodice dead." Chaos Agent stood up and leaned over Y/n, "Don't think that I wouldn't do the same for you."

"You wouldn't fucking dare!" she snapped, not afraid by his empty threats. "You should be very afraid, you bitch," he slapped her cheek roughly and she squealed in pain, squeezing her eyes shut as he cheek stung from the blow, "You'll be sorry you ever disobeyed me, and chose Ghost over Shadow." With that, Chaos Agent turned to leave.

"Sir, where are you going now?" Sorona asked, crossing her arms. "Telling Midas the truth, since someone won't," he chuckled darkly.

"NO!" Y/n yelled, "please don't! Please, it'll break him!"

"I told you, you'd be sorry," he replied simply, slamming the door shut behind him.

Y/n fought back loud sobs as she started to cry. This was how everything was going to end, wasn't it? Everything she worked so hard for was about to come crashing down.

And it was all her fault.

<><><><><>

"Hello, Midas," Renegade smirked from under his mask, "I suggest you sit down and listen to every word I say."

Midas narrowed his eyes and he slowly trailed his hand up towards his holsters, "Let her go."

Renegade pulled Rook closer and she squealed in fear, pressing his gun further against her skull, "Sit down. And listen to every word I say. Or I shoot."

Midas let out a frustrated sigh and moved his hands up, keeping his eyes fixed on Rook, "Let her go."

"Do as he says, Renegade," another dark voice says from behind Renegade and Rook. Renegade stood to the side and let the figure walk forward, and instantly Midas grew fearful, "Chaos Agent..." he muttered under his breath.

"Midas! It's been so long!" The black goop twisted to form a wicked smile, "How have you been?"

"I thought I murdered you," Midas growled, his hands balling into tight fists. "Murdered me? Is that why my mask is mounted gold on your wall?" Chaos turned to Renegade and Rook, "Leave us. Let her go."

Renegade huffed and shoved her down on the floor, and she whimpered in pain, then scurried away.

"What do you want, Chaos?" Midas crosses his arms, trying to keep his anger under control so he didn't kill him right on the spot. Though, secretly, Midas wanted nothing more than to do just that.

"I want my Agent back. Y/n. You may know her?" Chaos said. "She's not apart of Shadow, she's been with Ghost from the beginning," Midas responded, trying to stay calm.

"Is that what she told you?" Chaos laughed loudly, "Midas, you cannot tell me you just believed everything about her, or have you grown soft on me?" Chaos walked over to his desk and sat down in it, resting his legs up on the desk.

Midas grumbled in disapproval, and sat in the opposing chair across from him. "I trust her, Chaos. Now get the fuck out before I kill you."

"Please. I'm here to be civil, Midas," Chaos Agent snorted, "You wouldn't dare."

"Don't fucking test me, you started destroying my Agency!" Midas snapped in response. Chaos reached in his pocket and slid a USB drive across the desk to Midas. "Plug it into your computer, if you want. Y/n hasn't been truthful with you, Midas. She's been working for me the entire time."

Midas gulped, looking at the USB stick and then Chaos. He felt uneasy by his words.

Could he be right...? There was no way.

"I know you're torn, Midas," Chaos smirked, "You don't know who to believe."

"You ruined my fucking life," Midas mumbled, grabbing the stick, "You kidnapped me from my sister. You gave me this curse. You murdered my fiancé in cold blood right in front of my face, so how the fuck could I trust you?" Midas grew angry, dropping the stick so he didn't turn it solid gold.

"I'm not trying to hurt you Midas. I'm trying to spare her life, and save yours in the process. I'm not the bad guy here." Chaos Agent stood up, walking towards the door. "Watch the video on the USB stick for proof, only if you want. Just know that this isn't over, Midas. I still want that Doomsday device."

Midas turned in his chair and watched Chaos Agent walk out of his office, then mumbled to himself. He stood up and sat in his chair, picking up the stick and twirling it between his long, golden fingers. He sighed, inevitably giving into his curiosity.

It's not real. She couldn't ever lie to me, I know that.

The video loaded up on his computer, and he went to play it. On the screen showed Chaos Agent at his desk, and Y/n sitting across from him.

"Y/n, I need you to work on a special mission for me,"  the video began.

"What's the mission?"

"I  want you to go undercover to get intent on what Ghost is up to."

"Under cover? I'd love to!"

"Don't get too excited, I need you to get to him specifically. Your mission is to figure out what his plans are, since there have been rumors of a weapon he is building. You are to find it and take it, or kill him."

"How am I going to get to him?"

"I'elbe arranges Omega and Oblivion alongside Sorona to kidnap one of his closet agents, Skye. The rendezvous point is here where Midas and presumably some other Ghost agents will be. Your job i to be the one to actually rescue Skye. If everything goes as planned, Midas will take notice and want to speak with you. You have to make sure he recruits you. And no matter what, do not let him know you're with Shadow. We already have taken any intel on you off our data base i case he decides to do a background check. This way, it's insured that he'll have no idea you work for us."

"This won't be easy, huh?"

"You'll have one day to prepare. If you have to contact us and vice versa, use this. You're my best agent. I have full faith you'll pull this off flawlessly. Work your magic, Y/n."

Midas turned the video off, not realizing he had silent tears streaming down his cheeks as the gold began to spread further up his body again.

All of it was a fucking lie.

Everything he had grown to know about her was fake. How they met, how she felt, everything. It was all a lie.

Midas began to doubt himself - why couldn't he have known? Why did he trust her of all people so easily? Why couldn't he have just never recruited her in the first place, let alone fall in love again?

Damodice is the only woman I love. She's the only woman for me. I don't need Y/n, I need Damodice.

Damodice wouldn't lie to me.

Midas stood up and nearly overthrew his desk in frustration, grabbing his computer monitor and turning it fully golden. He threw it full force off his desk, the monitor slamming against the floor and shattering into dozens of countless golden pieces.

He leaned over the now disheveled desk and let his emotions get the better of him, beginning to sob loudly.

"Why can't I ever just be happy?" he cried to no one in particular, his voice shaky and broken, "Why can't I just be happy."

<><><><><>

Down with Sorona, Y/n was finally done being patched up, and felt no more physical pain. Sorona was leaning against the wall, sighing, "Look, Y/n. I wish it didn't have to be this way, I honestly didn't. But I can't do anything about it."

"You can," Y/n responded softly, "let me go to him. Let me tell him the truth before Chaos Agent gets to him, please... you don't know how much that man means to me."

Sorona looked over at Y/n, and felt a moment of weakness. She was reminded of all their fun memories before Chaos Agent practically brain washed her, and she shuddered. "It's too late. By the time you get to him, Chaos would've already told him."

"Please, Sorona. You're my best friend, you have to remember that!" Y/n's voice grew shaky as she teared up. "Please! I'll do anything, just let me go!"

Sorona remained silent, rolling the possibilities over in her head. She sighed after a moment of thought, walking over to Y/n and uncuffing her. Y/n immediately jumped up and wrapped her arms around Sorona, hugging her tightly, "Thank you..." she muttered softly, "I knew you were still there."

Y/n nearly bolted out of the room, already having a pretty strong idea as to where Midas was. His office. She ran at full speed, her previous injuries at the farthest part of her mind as she focused on getting to Midas as fast as possible.

Soon, she reached his office and burst into the door, "Midas! Baby, listen, Chaos Agent is here and he's going to try to... Midas?" Y/n skidded to a hault once she reached his office, walking in slowly. She frowned, seeing him standing in front of his window that overlooked the Device.

"Midas?" Y/n asked softly, walking over, "What's wrong, baby?"

"What are you still doing here?" Midas replied coldly, his hands behind his back as he stared down at the Device.

"I'm apart of Ghost," Y/n frowned, already fearing Chaos Agent was here, "I live here, I'm fighting alongside you and the others."

"No. You don't. You live with Chaos Agent and the other SHADOW agents." Midas turned to the left slightly, "You lied to me."

Y/n felt the color drain from her face, "I..." she was silent, not knowing what to say, "Midas, I-"

"Save it." Midas turned fully, looking at her with pure anger and sadness in his golden eye, "Why couldn't you have just told me the truth? Or was this all a ploy to, to fall in love with me? To make me think you were trust worthy? To trust you with every little secret I had?!" his voice began to raise, the gold raising up his arms further and further by the second.

"No! Midas, please, whatever he told you forget it! Let me explain the truth!" Y/n stammered, feeling very scared as she began to back up.

"Don't you fucking dare walk away from me, come here!" Midas lunged at her and she screamed in fear as he gripped her shirt tightly, "Dont you think for a second that what you did was okay. You're fucking disgusting, Y/n. I can't believe I actually loved you."

"L-Loved?" Y/n started to cry, trying to squirm away from his intense grasp, "P-please, let me-!"

"You lied to me! To EVERYONE here! I can't just let you stay here and forget that!" Midas snapped, gripping her shirt tighter as he began to lose control of his anger.

"I still l-love you!" she stammered, trying to push him away, "Midas!"

Midas moved his hand from her shirt to her neck and gripped it tightly, glaring down at her with pure anger as his entire body turned gold. She gasped for air as the sight sent chills down her spine as his grip tightened, "I should've let Deadpool kill you when he had the chance! I should've left you for dead..." he felt himself grow weak, the love for her that he still felt weakening his angry heart for only a moment.

"P-please don't..." Y/n spoke softly, her vision growing blurry, "L-let me make.. t..t..this right...t.."

Y/n began to feel cold as she began to slowly turn to gold. She shivered as it began to spread, and Midas immediately took notice. He gasped and dropped her and backed away, the gold immediately evaporating back to his fingers, "Y/n..." he spoke softly in shock.

She dropped to her knees, gasping for lungfuls of air as she laid nearly limp on his wooden floor. She gasped loudly when she saw her body slowly turn to gold, and she looked up at him with big, fearful and teary eyes. "Wh-what did you do?!"

Her previous words played over and over in his head as his heart began beating rapidly fast, his eyes widening as he heard his daughter scream the same thing over and over in his ears.

"Y-Y/n-!" he yelled in shock, immediately rushing over to her. She screamed in fear and cowered, falling back as she tried to run away, "Get away from me, you monster!" she screamed at the top of her lungs. She scrambled to her feet and rushed out of his office, crying in hysterics as her whole body felt numb.

Midas stood their in shock, his eyes blown wide as tears began to fall once again, his legs weak. Eventually they buckled and he had to hold onto his desk so he didn't collapse, and his desk instantly turned gold as he clutched it tightly.

He squeezed his eyes shut and began to sob loudly, the image of her turning to gold in front of him haunting his brain over and over. Then, memories of Damodice screaming for him as she was shot clouded his memories, following Marigold's screams of fear as she slowly turned to gold as well.

Y/n was just as terrified as they were. And she was going to suffer the same fate as Marigold.

And it was all his fault.

<><><><><><><><><><>

holy shit, this took for fucking ever to write, but God damn it i am so proud. you guys wanted mega drama, i give you mega drama. also, on a different note, one of my very good and close friends has begun to write her own Midas x reader! I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys go gave it a read, she's a wonderful writer and her story is so good and unique. I know she said no to promo, but it's the least I can do since she bought me  my dream skin 🥺 Her Midas x reader is called the Guilded Elite, and the link can be found in my messages section and below. Links don't work, so just click her username which is pbbywrites to read it! Hana, i love you and i'm so thankful for your help and support to keep me inspired to keep this story fresh and enjoyable. and thank you guys, for your overwhelming support each chapter!! i never expected this much love, and it's helping me so much. So enjoy this extra long chapter as a thank you!! i love you all so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424 11 6
¡𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨! sᴍᴜᴛ • ᴠɪᴏʟᴇɴᴄᴇ • ᴀssᴀᴜʟᴛ • sᴜɪᴄɪᴅᴀʟ ɪᴅᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ • ᴀʙᴜsᴇ • ᴀɴɢsᴛ ⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆ After the accidental murder of her entire 9th...
92.7K 2.6K 44
Y/N is a laid back fun 17 year old who likes to shoot guns during the free time. She isn't someone that many people mrs with outside of school. Stuff...
9.9K 382 35
"He's still in there", Maya heard Arachne whisper, and she closed her eyes, letting her own tears flow. He hadn't given up his fight with himself and...
38.6K 1.1K 40
After being teleported from Earth into Fortnite, Drift meets a girl named Y/n who teaches him how to live and survive in this strange cartoon world...