Chapter 28 - doomsday begins

After Meowscles and Maya helped make sure Skye, Tina, and Brutus were alright, Meowscles left to help Y/n get to the hospital wing. Maya stayed behind to be with Tina, since she was so worried about her girlfriend.

Y/n continued to walk in silence with Meowscles. He frowned, noticing how silent she was being. He rest his hand on her back, "Hey, it'll be okay. I know Midas can be... scary. Trust me, I'm his bodyguard. He's raised me since I was a little kitten, I've seen him mad," he chuckled.

Y/n was thankful she could actually understand him now - it was getting annoying to only hear him speak in meows. She nodded, "He's never been that angry with me. I can't... I can't get that face out of my head," she wrapped her arms tighter around her body, shuddering as the gold continued to inch up her body more. Her entire torso was golden by now, and it had begun to grow up onto her chin.

"I'm gonna die, Meowscles. There's no way I can get out of this alive." Meowscles frowned, "Don't say that, Y/n! Remedy can help!"

"I doubt," she murmured under her breath as they turned to enter the hospital wing. Quickly, the nurse brought Y/n into one of the rooms to examine her.

After Remedy had come in multiple times to check her out, she sighed heavily in frustration, "I don't know if this can be fixed. I've never seen this before... every part of you is turning more gold by the hour," she began. "I've never even heard of something like this happening!"

There was a knock at the door, and Remedy grumbled, turning to open it. She saw Skye and before she could even ask her to leave, she pushed past and put her hands on her hips, "Oh, God, that's worse than Maya mentioned..." she mumbled.

By some miracle, it hadn't spread further up her face - however, it began to spread towards her legs instead. It was becoming hard to breathe, and her chest felt heavy and she felt undeniably cold. "Yeah, thanks Skye," she muttered, sighing.

"I've got some good news, though! I think I know a cure!" Skye grinned. Remedy turned to her, "We'll take anything. This is beyond anything I've ever seen before."

"Come with me, Y/n, if you're able to walk. One of our prisoners, Oro, will know what to do," Skye explained. Y/n nodded and tried to stand up by herself, with extreme struggle. Meowscles noticed and helped her up, holding her up by draping his arm around her. She muttered a faint thank you and the pair followed Skye out, after thanking Remedy.

Y/n let out a surprised scream and griped Meowscles' fur tightly, feeling herself grow weaker as the gold began to trail further down until her arms were entirely gold, and her knees began to turn gold. She shook with fear and she let out a small sob as Meowscles held her tightly, "It's okay. It's okay, we're gonna get you to Oro and he'll help you..." he soothed, but all she could focus on was how the man that supposedly loved her could do this to her.

You deserve this. You deserve all of this. It's your fault, you deserve this gruesome death.

After a long walk through the cell halls, the three finally arrived at Oro's jail cell. Skye hit the metal bars, "Oro. We need your help."

"Skye," Oro's broken, deep voice rattled through his chest. He turned slowly, facing the three, "I've told you everything I know. I can't help you any further."

"This doesn't have to do with Shadow, or Ghost. My friend Y/n is being turned to gold... we need you to reverse it," Skye explained. Y/n looked down, fighting back more tears seeing how golden her body had gotten.

He hummed and stood up, his golden bones cracking as he walked over towards the bar. He grumbled, "Midas."

Y/n nodded sullenly, remembering what Chaos Agent told her about how Midas got his golden touch. "I can save her. Let her in."