chapter 7 - defend the yacht

The birds weren't even chirping to alert the islanders that it was morning time by the time Y/n was woken up. She groaned - her clock read 3:00 AM as it beeped annoyingly. She rolled over and turned it off, sitting up slowly and yawned loudly. "Fucking hell," she mumbled, barely awake. "Why does it have to be so God damn early?"

She trudged out of bed slowly and slid on her clothes, quickly pulling back her hair in a high ponytail so it wouldn't get in her way during the mission. By the time she was finished, it was around 3:30 and she trudged out of her room slowly, locking the door behind her. Walking down the winding staircase, she ran into Deadpool with his mask off, eating a banana. She fought back a squeal when she noticed, absolutely not expecting his face to be like that.

"S-Sorry!" she stammered, "you just startled me!"

"Clearly," Deadpool smirked, eating his banana and walking away. "Watch your back today, Rookie. I won't have someone like you slow me down."

"Are you always this condescending?" Y/n crossed her arms, raising a brow.

"Only on Tuesdays," Deadpool winked and skipped off. "It's Sunday-" she started to say, then rolled her eyes and walked away, "Forget it. Can't have every agent love you."

She quickly walked into the kitchen to grab some food before they left. "There you are, sleeping beauty," Maya giggled, leaning against the wall. "How are any of you even awake at this hour?" Y/n sighed, smiling softly as she poured a quick bowl of cereal.

"You get used to it," Tina replied, leaning back in one of the chairs with her feet up, on her phone. "Finish quickly, Rookie. Mew left last night and is already there, and Deadpool isn't on the mission anymore," she said. We gotta get outta here quick before Midas loses his mind."

"What's wrong with Midas?" Y/n asked, curious. "He got in a big fight with Deadpool last night. Dunno what's going on with them, but it doesn't sound good," Tina answered, frowning. "We don't see Midas angry often. But I haven't actually heard him yelling from his office like that in a long time."

"Yikes," Y/n frowned, "I definitely don't want to get on his bad side today. Let's just go now, I'm not hungry anyway." Maya nodded and clapped Tina's back and she huffed, turning off her phone and getting up. "Let's go, losers."

"Wait — Tina, you said Deadpool was out of the mission, right?" Y/n gently tapped her shoulder. She turned and nodded, "Yes, why?"

"Nothing, but.... this morning on my way down, Deadpool told me to watch my back and to 'stay out of his way,'" she paraphrased, frowning. Tina narrowed her eyes and let out a small sigh, "Thank you for letting me know that... I'll notify Midas, I guess."

Y/n nodded, unsure if she felt paranoid or if she caught on to Deadpool's warning faster than he intended.

The three girls quickly went to Maya's weapon locker and picked out their guns. Y/n immediately went for her favorite gun and attached it to her belt's holster. She put its bullets in her backpack and swung it over her shoulder, and they walked out to the docking bay.

Tina hopped into the front seat of their motorboat and immediately sped off to the Yacht.

After a lengthy trip to the farthest, north-east spot on the map they reached the island neighboring the Yacht. Tina parked the motorboat they took close by and motioned for them to be quiet as they snuck into the bushes.

"Alright. Midas put me in charge, so listen up. Our goal is to get onto the Yacht and locate any Shadow agents, and take them out. It'll be our best bet if we disguise as Ghost henchmen so we can guard more easily. The Shadow agents all know what we look like, so we'll blend in easier if we look like the henchmen," Maya said to them.