Chapter 16 - taking back the yacht

Y/n was extra lucky that Midas wasn't in his office, or at least to her knowledge. She hurried out his room and down into the elevator, taking her down to the foyer. She got out of the elevator and instantly ran into Tina, who grinned, "Did it work?!"

"Yeah, but it was just a storage room," Y/n lied.  There was no way she was gonna tell Tina what she saw in there, no fucking way. It was too dangerous, whatever that thing was. "I came out through Midas' room, though, which was weird," she replied, and Tina frowned. "Oh, that's disappointing," she sighed. "I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't... that."

"Me either," Y/n mumbled, walking with her. "What happened with the vault?"

"As soon as you went in, I shut it like nothing ever happened. Turned the cameras back on and the Henchmen is back guarding it without a clue of what happened," Tina winked, then skipped ahead of her. "Good as new."

"You're amazing for that," Y/n sighed, smiling softly. "Let's go practice for tomorrow, shall we?"

The next morning, everyone got up early. Like, 4 in the morning early. They were to be at the Yacht island by 6, and there was still so much planning to do.

"All Agents report to the board room immediately," Midas' voice rung throughout the Agency at 4:10 sharp, forcing the Agents to move even faster than they were previously to get ready.

Y/n groaned and barely finished brushing her hair before a Henchmen knocked on her door. "Agent L/n, Midas needs you down stairs immediately."

"I'm ready," Y/n sighed, trudging past him slowly and yawning. "This is fucking torture."

She made her way downstairs, and of course, she was the last Agent to take a seat.

"Good morning, Y/n," Midas nodded to her, and immediately went back to speaking. "All our Henchmen have already been sent on their way via boats. Us Agents, however, are going to be taking 2 separate choppers and they'll be stationed on the island beside the Yacht and the outskirts of Steamy Stacks."

The holographic map appeared and everyone moved their hands and arms so it could be seen better. "Team A, you're rendezvous point is on the actual island. Team B, yours is at Steamy. Both of you will have to swim away, so make sure you have good enough clothes that won't weigh you down. If all goes well, we will leave here with the Yacht back to Ghost, and Deadpool in cuffs," Midas finished explaining.

Meowscles hissed, "That rat bastard will pay." Lynx pat his arm gently as a silent way of saying, "Calm down."

"Alright, Agents. This isn't our final battle, but our most crucial. We win back the Yacht, we have one step closer to bringing Shadow down. You're all dismissed to get your things and leave. We leave in 10 minutes. Head to the choppers as soon as you're done," Midas spoke to everyone. Everyone shouted words of excitement and praise in response, and Midas gathered his things to leave. Quickly, everyone followed suit.

By the time everyone had their things, the two choppers' blades were spinning and engines were whirring, and everyone got into their own team's chopper. Y/n walked up to B's chopper, and Midas leaned over to help her up. She blushed softly and smiled, "Thanks, Midas."

"Of course, doll," he smiled and stood up, holding onto the handrail as the chopper lifted. "You'll do great today, I'm sure of it."

"You too," Y/n replied simply, feeling awkward now that she knew about his past. The same broken hearted feeling crept into her chest as Midas' smile faded, noticing her less than enthusiastic response.

"Nervous?" Midas frowned. "Not exactly. Just not feeling it today," she replied. Hey, at least it was partially the truth. Midas rest his hand on her shoulder and smiled reassuringly, and immediately those damn butterflies came back as her cheeks heated up again, "You'll be okay. I promise."