chapter 1 - mission : infiltrate ghost

Y/n looked up from her computer when her office door swung open, her boss in the hallway. "Y/n!" Chaos Agent spoke in his gravely, muffled voice. Y/n smiled, "Sir. What can I do for you?"

"I need you to work on a special mission for me," he spoke lowly, taking a chair and sitting down. She adjusted in her seat and crossed her arms, "What's the mission?"

"I want you to go under cover," he explained, resting his hands so his fingers touched each other in a pyramid like way. "to get intel on what Ghost is up to."

Y/n worked for Shadow, previously known as ALTER. She was one of Shadow's best agents, and Chaos Agent thought highly of her. Her other team members were jealous of the special favors she got - but she never once let that bother her. It just boosted her confidence.

"Under cover?" she grinned, brushing some loose strands of (h/l) (h/c) hair from her eyes. "I'd love to!"

"Don't get too excited," he grumbled, standing up and grabbing a pile of papers from his bag, tossing it onto her desk. "I need you to get to him specifically. Your mission is to figure out what his plans are, since there have been rumors of a weapon he's building. You are to find it and take it, or kill him."

He pointed to the file as she raised a brow, picking it up. She scanned through the papers when as the male caught her eye - Midas, the leader of Ghost.

"How am I going to get to him?" Y/n asked, setting it down. She was excited that she was given such a special mission, but part of her felt this was going to go very, very badly.

"I've arranged Omega and Oblivion alongside Sorona to kidnap one of his closest agents, Skye. The rendezvous point is here," he pointed to the printed map, "where Midas and presumably some other Ghost agents will be. Your job is to be the one to actually rescue Skye. If everything goes as planned, Midas will take notice and want to speak with you. You have to make sure he recruits you. And no matter what, do not let him know you're with Shadow," he said sternly. "We have already taken any intel about you off of our databases incase he does a background check. This way, it's insured that he'll have no idea you work for us."

Y/n nodded, taking in everything he said. "This isn't gonna be easy, huh?" she chuckled softly, examining the map to make sure she had the plan down. "You'll have one day to prepare. If you have to contact us and vice versa, use this." Chaos pulled out a small com-link and handed it to her. She took it and nodded, setting it in her pocket. "Got it."

"You're my best agent," Chaos spoke lowly. "I have full faith you'll pull this off flawlessly. Work your magic, Y/n." Chaos nodded to her and turned to walk away.

Y/n waited until he left to let out a heavy sigh she hadn't realized she was holding, and leaned over her desk. She frowned, glancing over at Midas' file again. After a moment, she grabbed the file and examined it over and over.

NAME: MIDAS

AGE: 32

POINT OF ORIGIN: OFF ISLAND

POWERS: EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES TURNS TO GOLD

RANK: FOUNDER OF E.G.O.'S DIVISION GHOST, EX MEMBER OF ???

THREAT LEVEL: DEADLY

EXTREMELY SMART. KNOWS IMPERATIVE  INFORMATION ON ZERO POINT.

The one and only issue Y/n ever had was how little information was ever given on something's, the Zero Point earning the most unanswered questions of the lot.

She knew her boss, Chaos Agent, was a strange being. He was a walking, breathing pile of liquid black goo. Obviously she had her questions, but she had to get paid somehow, right? What else could she do? She had felt uneasy a lot, but she eventually grew used to forcing her fears down. This time was no different.

"Deadly..." she murmured to herself, looking at his picture and she chuckled softly. "You don't scare me." she set down the file back in the folder, which was labeled TOP SECRET in bright red. She grabbed the folder and shoved it into her bag, quickly turning around to finish shutting off her computer. She hummed after it shut down and skipped over to grab the rest of her things and locked her office door, heading home.

Sorona stopped her on the way, and Y/n smiled. "Hey, Sorona!" she grinned. "Whats up?"

"I heard Chaos Agent let you in on the special mission," she smirked, leaning against the wall. "Excited?"

"Very," she smiled, swinging her bag around her shoulder. "I'm not worried. This will be a walk through Pleasant."

"You've got the easy part, brat!" Sorona shoved her gently and the two laughed. "Hey, you're an amazing agent. You can get Skye easily. Poor girl looks not a day over 12," Y/n smirked. Sorona burst out laughing, "You're not wrong! The kid's Midas' apparent star agent. We'll see about that, though." Sorona started to walk off, "Don't be late tomorrow! I'll page you once we have her!"

"Don't have too much fun without me!" Y/n waved goodbye and chuckled, headed out the door. If that was Midas' star agent, she was in for one hell of an easy ride. The fact that Chaos Agent let her take on such an important mission - one that could turn the tide of the fight for the island - made her beyond happy. She knew she was good, but she didn't realize she was that good!

"I'm not failing this. I'll infiltrate Ghost no matter what it takes," she said to herself as she walked up to her car, getting in and driving off to her home in Holly Hedges.