Chapter 25 - the fall of the agency

By the time Y/n had finished showering, about an hour and a half had passed and she had no clue as to what was happening. She walked downstairs humming, fixing her ponytail as she skipped down the stairs.

To say she was happy was to say the least. She had the entire weekend to spend with just Midas! Their heated start to the morning had her on cloud 9, which increased her mood further.

She began to walk through the hallway to get lunch when she bumps into Rook, who squeaks in surprise as she drops her clipboard.

"I'm so-"

"It's about time you showed yourself! Do you have any idea what's going on right now?" Rook immediately snapped at Y/n. She frowned, "I don't think I understand... I've been showering. What's going on?"

"The Shark, Grotto, and Rig are under attack," she crossed her arms, holding her clipboard under her arm. "Nobody there is responding to any calls."

Y/n's eyes widened, "What?? Rook, are you serious? Where the hell is Midas?"

"He's in his office working, do not disturb him-" Rook began, but Y/n was already rushing downstairs to his office.

Without bothering to knock, Y/n burst into his office. "Midas, what's going-" Immediately, she froze, seeing Maya hug Midas super tightly, the two of them looking extremely close.

Midas moved away from Maya slightly, but continued to hold her, "Y/n, how many times have I told you to fucking knock?" he snapped.

"Oh my god, Y/n!" Maya immediately jumped up and engulfed Y/n in a tight hug, much to her surprise. "What's going-"

"I-It's Tina... and Skye, and Brutus..." Maya whimpered softly, and Y/n soothed her by hugging her and playing with her long brown hair, "S-she's-"

Maya couldn't finish speaking without bursting into tears again, making Y/n's heart ache for her. She looked over to Midas for help, and he frowned.

"The Rig was bombed. Tina isn't anywhere to be found. The Shark and Grotto were too, and we don't know where Skye and Brutus are either," Midas replied, standing up from his lounge and walking over to them.

"Oh, Maya," Y/n sighed, pulling her as close as she could. Midas walked over and rubbed Maya's back gently as Y/n held the sobbing woman, "She's okay. Tina is so strong... she's okay."

"I hope you're right," Maya sniffled, trying not to let her fear and anxieties overtake her. "I can't lose her..."

"You won't," Y/n smiled reassuringly, "We'll all make this out alive."

Immediately, Rook burst through the door and dropped her clipboard, "Midas! The Agency is under attack!" she screamed, Meowscles running in right after her.

"What?" his voice was cold and he instantly let go of both Y/n and Maya, his fists tightening. "What's happening?"

"Someone is trying to sneak inside, he's already attacking the outskirts of the island and making his way in. We need to fight back!" Rook replied. The fear in her eyes was evident, and the worried looks carried to Meowscles as well.

"I came as fast as I could, Boss!" Meowscles yelled. Midas pat his head and walked past him immediately. Maya wiped her tears and she and Y/n followed suit, walking out to the balcony and Y/n's breath hitched.

The outskirts of the Agency were on fire. Bullets we're flying, and henchmen were collapsing and screaming as they fought to the death. She covered her mouth and let out a small whimper, knowing that all of this could've been prevented.. and it was her fault.