chapter 6 - the first mission

The next week was one of the most fun weeks Y/n had. Everything had gone by smoothly. When she could, she would listen in to further details on Ghost's missions, but most of the time was spent goofing off with Maya, Tina, and Skye. On occasion, Meowscles would join the girls for a movie night, but for the most part, the girls remained close like sisters.

"Skye, shut up for a minute! This is the best line in the whole movie!" Tina shouted, tossing some popcorn at Skye's mouth. It hit her right in her eye and she squealed, which startled Meowscles awake. He hissed in displeasure and curled up in his bed more, and the girls laughed.

"Sorry, Mew Mew!" Y/n giggled, watching the movie. "Tina, the best line in the whole movie is 'Don't get cocky,'" Maya answered, nodding.

"What a piece of junk!" Luke Skywalker gasped, looking at the Millennium Falcon in front of him, Chewie, Obi-Wan and Han. "She'll make it .5 past lightspeed!" Han Solo retorted, walking towards him. "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

"YOU TALKED OVER HIM!" Tina groaned In frustration. Mew Mew hissed loudly again then got up, mewling under his breath as he yawned, walking out of Y/n's room.

"What's a cat gotta do to get a good nap around here?" he said. Now that Y/n was officially apart of Ghost, she was given a special earpiece. In it, was a language translator, so hearing English come from Meowscles was a shock at times.

"Oh come on, girls! The best Star Wars line isn't even in this movie. It's the entire dialogue of Obi Wan and Anakin's battle on Mustafar in Episode III-" Y/n began to say, when she was cut off.

"Am I interrupting anything?" Midas' cool voice broke through the movie's dialogue, causing Tina to scream out in frustration, "Can't we watch A New Hope once without being interrupted!"

"I'll take that as a yes," Midas frowned, crossing his arms. "I'm sorry, ladies. But we need to have an emergency meeting. Go to the conference room immediately. I'm disappointed that all of you did not get my calls through the coms." Midas shut the door behind him, he seemed very, very tense. Y/n frowned, and her mood immediately dropped.

"We better go, girls," she sighed, standing up. "Ooh," Maya smirked, crossing her arms. "You seemed excited when he came in the room. Now you don't. Anything you wanna tell the class?" she teased. Y/n rolled her eyes, "No? There's nothing to tell," Y/n bit her lip. "Why?"

"Nothing. Just, Midas seems a lot happier around you now," Tina nudged her as they walked out of Y/n's room. "Woah! That doesn't mean anything!" she quickly defended herself, "he's my boss!"

"Sooo? A scandalous relationship is the best!" Maya whisper shouted so the Henchmen didn't hear their gossip. Skye remained quiet as the three girls walked ahead of her.

"We're not and never will be in a relationship!" Y/n hadn't notice how red her face had grown. "You girls are crazy! He's my boss, and I just met him a week ago."

Sure, Midas was a very attractive man. He dressed well, he always did his hair nicely, his voice was dark yet soothing... not to mention very, very tall. But on top of all that, he was her boss. And, her enemy.

You're here to take him down. Not let him take you, she reminded herself.

"That's not gonna happen," Y/n said finally as they reached the conference door. This time, all the seats were filled and Y/n gulped.

"There you ladies are. Y/n, I forgot to introduce you to the full Ghost Team. Not everyone is here, since they aren't on the immediate squad, but here some are. Y/n, this is Lynx, Bushranger, Contract Giller, Deadpool, Journey, Turk, Rippley, and 8-Ball. Our other team members are Remedy, Tek, Terra, Cameo, Carbide, Valor, and Outcast."

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Y/n," she waved shyly, feeling intimated by all the pairs of eyes on her as she sat down across from Midas. Midas pushed the big red button on his side and the holographic map reappeared, and a bunch of different exclamations appeared on the map. They first zoomed in on a spot in Weeping Woods.

"Now. I have you all on different jobs, since it's the start of the month and therefor our monthly meeting. First thing's first..." Midas began sending people off on various different missions, and to Y/n's dismay, her name wasn't mentioned once.

"Now. For the final and most important mission, I need Y/n, Deadpool, Meowscles, Tina, and Maya to scout and protect the Yacht. Shadow is planning an attack, and we need to make sure it's protected. I am not losing that base," Midas explained.

Y/n's heart leapt in her chest, finally!

"No one is taking over my Yacht!" Meowscles hissed, banging his fist on the table. Lynx giggled and pressed her hand on his bicep, "Don't worry, babes. We won't let that happen." Deadpool burst out laughing, resting his feet on the table as Midas rolled his eyes, "We'll see about that, kitty cat. I think that Yacht needs a little redesign. Needs more red."

"You stay away from that Yacht, Deadpool," Midas narrowed his eyes, "It's Meowscles' home."

"Whatever you say, goldielockes," Deadpool smirked from under his mask. Midas sighed and shook his head, pressing another button and everyone's data pads beeped at once. "I've sent your missions to your pads. All of you have one day to prepare. Get anything you need and leave immediately tomorrow morning. As always, if you need anything, contact HQ immediately. You all are dismissed."

Midas stood up and everyone began chatting about their missions. Y/n grinned, feeling beyond excited for her first ever mission! Y/n quickly sprinted out after Midas, following him into the break room with the small kitchen and dining table. She tapped his shoulder and he tensed, noticing how he almost turned the paper cup he held in his hands to gold.

"I'm sorry-"

"Do not sneak up on me like that," Midas said lowly, turning to face her. He put the cup down, "What's on your mind, Y/n?"

"I just wanted to say... thank you."

"Thank you?" Midas raised a brow. "For what?"

"For believing in me," Y/n smiled softly. "Thank you for letting me do this. I haven't even been a member a month yet and I'm already on a big time mission!"

Midas grinned, "You've got great skills, Y/n. We need another spy, anyway. Agent Giller is great, but we need someone with a little more... pizzaz. Like you," he nudged her gently. She felt her cheeks heat up and she laughed, softly, fixing her hair with her finger gently. "Thanks, Midas. I should go prepare."

"Good luck, Y/n," Midas watched her walk out, "You're gonna do amazing, I have no doubt about that."

Y/n nodded and waved goodbye to him, skipping out and humming to herself. Deadpool watched and smirked, walking towards her. He grabbed one of his katanas from behind his back and moved it across her chest, and she gasped.

"You and Midas, hmm?" Deadpool chuckled, watching as her face grew redder. "Us? What about us?" Y/n asked, confused.

"He never refers to agents by their first names. Ever. You're a special chick, aren't ya?" Deadpool narrowed his eyes and then he gasped, dropping his katana, "YOU'RE DATING MIDAS!"

Y/n squealed and covered his mouth - rather, his mask - "NO! No we're not, shut up!" She groaned, frustrated that people kept asking that. "He's my boss!"

"How scandalous!" Deadpool burst out laughing, pushing her away. "Holy shit, this is gonna be gold!" He ran off to God knows where, making Y/n groan. "Great. Now there's gonna be a rumor we're together," she mumbled, crossing her arms.

This is gonna make things a hell of a lot more complicated, now isn't it?