Chapter 23 - melting his golden heart

Y/n woke up to the sound of distant purring. She shifted, whining softly as she turned on her side, "5 more minutes..." she mumbled.

Meowscles rolled his eyes and hovered over her. He raised his paw cautiously, leaning down towards her  before shoving her shoulder roughly. She squeaked in surprise and woke up, sitting upright as she painted heavily. She groaned, "MEW MEW!" she snapped.

Meowscles laughed and nuzzled her before scrambling back up to his feet. He disappeared downstairs and came up a few moments later with a tray of pancakes, bacon, and eggs for her, along with apple juice.

Her eyes widened and she crossed her legs, "Mew Mew... how'd you get all of this?"

"Mmm... reaowr?" he shrugged. Y/n frowned, "I still can't understand you, buddy. I don't have my earpiece with me..." He nodded and dashed down the ladder again, finding a piece of paper and pen.

He climbed back up and wrote, "I went to Retail to buy you food since I don't have food here. After you eat I'll take you to the Agency."

Y/n smiled and hugged him tightly, "Thank you so much, Meowscles... you're a life saver." she sat back down and began to eat as Meowscles left to go work out as she ate.

Once she was finished, Meowscles grabbed a bag and swung it over his shoulder, motioning for her to follow him.

"Do you have a boat?" Y/n asked, following him outside as he locked up the Box Factory. Meowscles shook his head no and hissed in response, finishing locking the doors.

Y/n nodded and sighed, realizing they'd have to swim across the waters at the Agency... which was her least favorite thing to do. Meowscles hated it too, but they had no other choice, now did they?

The walk back was mainly quiet, due to Meowscles not being able to speak back in english to Y/n. Her mind eventually wandered off to the elephant in the room, her and Midas. When should she tell him? And most importantly, how should she tell him?

After a long internal battle within her mind, Meowscles pat her shoulder gently. She looked over at him and realized they were already at the Agency - or at least, across from it. She sighed, knowing what they had to do.

She began to stick her foot into the water when Meowscles meowed loudly, pressing his paw against her chest. He pointed towards a henchmen and she let out a sigh of relief, he was driving towards them with a motorboat.

The henchmen parked and let them on, "Good to know you're alright, Agent L/n. Meowscles, Midas will be very pleased to know you brought her back safely.

"Meow!" he grinned. Y/n felt queasy as they drove over to the Agency's dock, her heart beginning to race as worries of Midas' responses flooded her mind.

She knew she truly did love this man - but she was also truly worried telling him the truth would mess everything up. But what was she supposed to do? Not tell him?

The henchmen docked the boat, and the three of them got our. Meowscles helped Y/n out, and she smiled faintly up at him, "Thanks."

The henchmen walked them inside and stayed on his patrol outside, holding his rapid fire close to his chest. Y/n gulped and walked in alongside Meowscles.

At the front desk, Rook looked up hearing the doors open. She gasped and stood up quickly, fixing her ruffled skirt, "Agent Meowscles, Agent Y/n... thank goodness you two are alright. I'll alert Midas."

"Meow!" Meowscles purred and walked off, presumably to go to his room and nap. Y/n looked around and sighed, the grandness of the Agency furthering her decent into a horrible state of mind as her fears got the better of her.