Chapter 13 - the plan

By the time Midas and Y/n finished planning, it was close to 4 in the morning. Y/n was sitting on the couch by the windows in his office as Midas sat at his desk, finishing up writing their plan. He finally had finished and looked up to see the time. 4:35 AM.

He sighed and saved the project, turning his computer off. "Hey, Y/n, I finally finished finalizing it-" he turned and noticed that Y/n was sound asleep, passed out on the couch. He chuckled softly and took his glasses off, putting them away as he stood up. He walked over and grabbed a nearby blanket and draped it over her body gently, careful not to wake her up.

He brushed his golden fingers across her cheek and he smiled down at her, moving away reluctantly. He wanted to stay, but he knew he shouldn't. He went into his room and went to bed, hoping that his team would be able to execute the plan well.

Once the morning had arrived, Y/n woke up confused as to where she was. She sat up and after a moment recognized it as Midas' office. Her eyes widened and she looked around, noticing the cotton blanket draped across her body. She looked around for Midas and didn't see him, then frowned. Glancing over the clock, she realized she slept through her usual alarm - and panicked.

"Shit! We didn't finish the plan!" Y/n groaned and rushed up, nearly falling over from how fast she got up as she ran towards the door. Sprinting to her room, she opened the door quickly and threw on an outfit as fast as she could.

She winced at how bad she looked in the mirror and did her best to fix her hair before rushing to figure out where her squad mates were. The downstairs was quiet - strangely quiet. Only the faint water ripples from the fountain could be heard.

"Where is-?"

"Everyone's already in the board room, miss," a Henchmen said to Y/n. She squealed and clutched her heart, being taken by surprise by the henchman.

"T-thank you," she stammered, realizing how much of a mess she was this morning.

Making her way to the board room, she opened the door slowly in hopes to not disturb anything and Midas immediately shut up.

"Y/n!" he smiled, keeping his eyes on her as she walked in the room.

She waved shyly to everyone and sat down, "I'm sorry, I slept through my alarm. I didn't realize we had a meeting this morning."

"No worries, L/n. I knew you were exhausted from last night so I let you sleep," Midas said.

Y/n's cheeks heated up as she heard Maya nearly choke on her drink and eyed Y/n suspiciously. Tina snickered and smacked Y/n's arm and she yelped in surprise, "Tina-!"

"I need deets," she whispered as Midas continued speaking.

"I figured that you could sleep in since you already know the basis of the idea, L/n. Now, as I was saying, once we isolate the majority of the Henchmen, group B will rush inside to find Deadpool and arrest him while group A fights the henchmen. If we can pull this off, we'll out number Deadpool 4 to one. We are getting this Yacht back no matter what the cost," Midas explained the plan further.

Y/n smiled, proud of herself that she and him both thought of this plan. They spent hours working into the night - and she knew it was going to be perfect.

"Team A is going to consist of Brutus, Meowscles, Lynx, and Maya along with dozens of Henchmen. Team B is going to consist of Y/n, Tina, Skye, and I. Peely and Brutus are our separate getaway drivers, Peely with B and Brutus with A," Midas further explained. "If anyone has any questions, please let me know as soon as possible. I'm giving everyone 2 days to prepare and train, so make sure you're at your best! This isn't our final battle with Shadow, but one of our most important ones. We win back the Yacht, we're one step closer to saving the island."

The rest of the meeting went off without a hitch. As everyone cleared out and Midas stood up, clearing the table of the extra paperwork Y/n stayed behind. She grabbed for a piece that Midas was going for and they accidentally brushed hands, causing her to giggle.

"My bad, did you want that?"

"You can take it, it's got Tina's 'art' all over it," Midas chuckled and handed the paper to her. Y/n took it gingerly and continued to help him clean, when after a moment she spoke up and cleared her throat.

"So... mind telling me what happened last night?" she asked casually. Midas nodded, "Of course. As you remember, I called you into my office late because I wanted to discuss the issue with Skye. Then we started brainstorming our plan of attack to get the Yacht back. You remember all that?"

Y/n nodded and turned to look at him. Midas leaned against the table with one hand on the table and the other in his pocket, continuing, "Alright, good. We were planning deep into the night, and on my second or third revision of the plans you sat on the couch and passed out. I decided to go over them myself and let you sleep since I knew you were exhausted from earlier. And, since you already knew the plan, it would've been unnecessary to wake you up for something you already knew, right?"

"Right," Y/n smiled, crossing her arms. "So basically what I thought happened. Cool. Thanks for the extra z's, and not to mention comfy blanket," she giggled, setting the paper down in a box for Midas to take to wherever. Probably the vault.

"Of course! I wasn't going to let you freeze to death, I know it can be cold in my office," Midas replied. "Thank you, seriously. For all the help. I don't think I could've come up with a plan like that that well and that fast without you."

"Aww, that was nothing!" Y/n grinned, playing coy. "I'm glad you let me help. You can be stubborn, Boss."

"I told you, Midas is fine," he smiled, crossing his arms. "And I told you-" Y/n poked his shoulder teasingly, "-that I prefer my first over my last name."

"Just a formality around the other Agents, I'm sorry to say. But when we're alone..." Midas took a step forward and admired her quickly before she could pick up on what he was doing, "...I much prefer calling you Y/n."

"That's my name!" Y/n responded quickly in response to him being so close, her nerves causing her to be slightly flustered. She blushed deeply from embarrassment and from their close proximity. "S-so, you should probably get some rest... since you barely slept last night," she spoke quickly to change the topic.

"I'll be alright, nothing new. Before you go, please take this box to Rook. I need her to look these over for me," Midas replied. Y/n nodded and picked up the box, "Sure thing, Boss!" she teased, laughing.

Midas rolled his eyes playfully, "See you later, L/n."

As Y/n left the room to go to his secretary Rook, she was stopped by Tina in the hallway twirling a grenade between her fingers.

"There you are!" she scolded, pulling her into a small storage room that she didn't even know existed. "I need the deets, woman!"

"Deets? What deets?" Y/n asked, setting the box down confused.

"You know... the deets! You slept with Midas?!" Tina whisper shouted.

"WHAT?"