Chapter 21 - the past catches up

Maya and Tina waited for close to two hours before the nerves began to settle in.

"She's not in any of the restrooms, and she's not answering her phone," Maya sighed, turning her phone off and putting it back in her back pocket, "something's happened."

"Obviously!" Tina groaned, kicking a rock across the sandy beachside of Sweaty Sands. She sighed heavily, "We should head back to see if she's at the Agency yet."

"I already asked Skye and Rook both. She's not there, and she's not here. So she's been taken somewhere, or her completely... left us," Maya replied. Tina shrugged, "she doesn't seem like the type to just run away. Something must've happened."

"Midas is gonna kill us for losing his girl..." Maya groaned into her hands. Tina stood up at pat her shoulder, "C'mon, Maya. Let's head home. I'm sure Midas won't be too mad, she's just out for a bit."

"If you say so..." Maya muttered, knowing that there would absolutely be a blow up when they got home.

And she was right.

Almost instantaneously as they got home, Maya walked headfirst into Midas. She squealed in surprise and pain from the sudden harsh metallic she had just ran into. "Fuck, who put a statue-" Maya gasped and covered her mouth.

She looked up at a fully solid gold Midas - and he looked angry. He crossed his arms and looked down at the two girls, "Where's Y/n," he asked lowly. His normally cool accent was completely gone, and besides the obvious that he was solid gold, that was their second hint that he was pissed.

"S-she, uhm-" Maya tried to start, but Rook interrupted them. "Sir, I'm sorry to inform you, but Agent L/n was kidnapped while at Sweaty Sands."

Midas stayed totally silent. He stuffed his solid golden hands in his pocket and paced around for a moment. The air felt tense around them all. He was about to explode, and they all know it.

"Find her." was all he had to say with his head turned towards the statue in the center of the fountain.

"Sir, it'll take-"

"I said, find her," Midas turned only his head to get a better view of Rook, his voice still calm.

"NOW!" he whipped around and slammed his hands on the desk, instantly turning it gold slowly. Rook gasped and squealed in fear, cowering as she squeezed her eyes shut. "I want her home immediately, and none of us will rest until she's back here safely and ALIVE!" Midas roared.

She whimpered and nodded, "Y-yes, Sir-!" she stammered. He let his grip falter and turned away from the solid gold desk, walking past Maya and Tina, walking to his room.

The moment he got into his room, he slammed the door shut and let out and angry scream. He ran over to his desk and knocked off all the paperwork from it, cussing loudly and screaming in anger.

After every shit thing that had happened to him, he finally got one moment of peace. He finally found his key to happiness.

Only to have it stolen from him.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Y/n's eyes fluttered open slowly. She went to move, but realized quickly she was handcuffed in place. Her eyes immediately widened and she struggled again, trying to get free of the handcuffs.

"S-Shit-!" she stammered, her breathing already growing heavy. She looked around and couldn't guess where she was. She was in a dark room, with a table in front of her, and tied down to a chair. She groaned and tried to squirm out of her makeshift prison, to no avail.