Chapter 24 - this means war

The next morning was Saturday. Since all the Agents had already left to get back to their hideouts, the only ones at the Agency left for the weekend were Midas, Y/n, Rook, Peely, and Maya - giving Y/n and Midas the chance to sleep in the next morning.

Midas stirred from his peaceful rest as his body woke him up, part of him worrying he slept past his alarm. He opened one eye and turned on his side to check the clock, which instead of reading 5 read 8 am. His eyes widened and he started to sit up, when he felt a presence pull him back down.

"Warm," she hummed, keeping her grip on his bare chest tight, "don't go..." Midas chuckled softly and laid back down, reminding himself it was a weekend, and it was alright to sleep in.

He pressed his lips to her forehead gently, "Did I wake you up, doll?"

"Uh-uh..." she muttered softly, turning on her side and wrapping her arms more tightly around his torso, "'M tired."

"I can tell," he smirked softly, moving his golden fingers through her soft (h/c) hair. "You look adorable, darling."

Though she was still half asleep, her cheeks heated up and she giggled softly, "I probably look stupid," she replied, beginning to wake up.

Midas clicked his tongue in disagreement, shaking his head gently as he continued to run his fingers through her hair, "Not at all. You look stunning for it being only 8 in the morning."

"It's 8?!" she shot up quickly, the covers slowly sliding off her body, and she shivered. "Fuck, it's cold in here!" she immediately dove back under the covers and crawled on top of Midas, and he chuckled, "What, am I that warm?"

"You have no idea," she hums softly, pressing a gentle kiss to his bare pecs. "You're perfect..." He ran his free hand up and down her back slowly, smiling down at her, "Have you seen yourself? Clearly, that's all you," he leant down and kissed her gently, making her smile.

"Take a compliment, Goldie!" she laughed, running her arms around his neck and kissing him again. After a moment he parted and pressed her head to lay on his chest gently, moving his hand over it to play with her hair. She closed her eyes and listened to his steady heartbeat as she moved her fingers to draw unrecognizable shapes on his paled skin.

"I am!" he laughed with her, "I'm just throwing the same one right back out to you."

"You're impossible, I swear," she giggled, cupping his cheeks gently and kissing him again. "Now, shut up and let me go to sleep again..."

<><><><><>

"How's the planning coming along, Sorona?" Chaos Agent walked into the meeting room, where Sorona, Omega, Oblivion, and a few others were gathered.

"It's coming along well. The attack will be ready by midday, I'm just finalizing the henchmen's attack routes," Sorona responded, standing up straight once she notices his presence.

"Good, I'm proud of you," Chaos Agent nodded to her. "You know that you and I are going straight for the Agency, right? If we can't get our hands on that supposed device..."

"I know, sir," Sorona sighed, turning back to the outlaid map on the table. She bit her lip, feeling guilty that she had to attack her best friend's home base.

She betrayed you. She's not your friend, show no mercy.

Sorona gulped and turned back to Chaos Agent, since he was talking to her. "I want to make sure that Rig is blown up. There will be no witnesses. Go for the leader... TNTina, I believe her name is. Take over the Grotto, and do everything we can to free Oro and Deadpool from the Shark. Kill Brutus and Skye if possible, too."