The 10th Titan Shifter

By Just_Simply_Asian

Year 845, the year Wall Maria met its doom. The residents within Wall Maria stared at the wall. A head was n... More

Y/N L/N info
To You, in 2000 Years - The Fall of Shiganshina: Part 1
That Day - The Fall of Shiganshina: Part 2
A Dull Light in Despair - Restoration of Mankind Part I
The Night of the Closing Ceremony - Humanity's Comeback, Part 2
First Battle - The Struggle for Trost, Part 1
The Struggle for Trost, Part 2 - 3
I Hear His Heartbeat - Attack on Trost, Part 4
The Struggle for Trost and The Attack on Trost, Part 5 - 6
Idol and Flaw, Part 7-8
The Struggle for Trost, Part 9 & Eve of the Counterattack, Part 1
Night Before the Counteroffensive, Part 2
Night Before the Counteroffensive, Part 3
57th Expedition Beyond the Walls
Attack on Stohess
Female Titan
Identity
Somewhere Else
Charge
Final Destination?
A New Perspective
Stories and Continuation
The Right State of Mind
One of the Virtues
Lessons and Results
Progress
Laid Back
Decisions
My Titan
Reunion
Meeting
The Ocean

Shiganshina District

7.3K 179 118
By Just_Simply_Asian

Y/N's POV
Outside the Mess Hall

I let out a sigh as I looked up at the night sky. It was far way more beautiful than the Mess Hall's craziness. 

"Hey! Y/N!" 

I turned around to see the trio. 

Y/N: (smiles)Hey.

I watched as they came over to where I was and sat on the steps. I sat next to Mikasa and instantly felt the accompaniment of a warm hand intertwining with mine.

Armin: Have you guys noticed it?

We all looked at Armin in confusion.

Armin: Eren. He has his usual spunk back.

We all nodded.

Eren: I'm glad we met the commandant. I...It doesn't...whether I'm spunky or not, I'll do what I have to do. But, yeah...it's easier now. Kept thinking about stuff I can't change. And wondering why I can't be strong like Mikasa and Levi and Y/N...I was jealous. But even you two and the captain...(looks over at Mikasa and Y/N)alone, you can't do much. Which is why we've all gotta find the things we can do. And by joining together, that's what makes us powerful. (looks over at Armin)Every person is different. And it's all for times like this.

Armin looks away.

Armin: Yeah...I think you're right. 

Then I heard the soft pattering of feet in front of us. I looked up to see a middle-aged man talking to a younger girl. Possibly his daughter? 

Mikasa: Once we retake Wall Maria...and defeat all the enemies coming for us...will they come back? 

I then comfortably tightened my grip on her hand and loosened it.

Y/N: Those days...we'll bring it back...for sure. But some things are forever changed. We'll make them pay. I am no psychic, but I know we will find peace eventually. 

Mikasa: Yeah.

Armin: But there's more than that. The sea...a salt lake so big that merchants could spend their whole lives and still not get all the salt. There's more than just Titans outside the walls. Fiery water, lands of ice, sandy snowfields...I joined the Scouts so  I could see all that. 

Eren: Y-Yeah. You sure did.

There was a moment of silence until Armin sprang up and held his arms out as if he was praising a God.

Armin: Right?! Let's start by seeing the sea! You still doubt that it's real, Eren! You'll see! It does exist!

Eren: All right then. Guess we'll have to go see.

Armin: It's a promise then! You have to! We can explore the outside world! It's gotta be way bigger than inside the walls!

Eren: Okay, I get it. 

I chuckled a little grasping onto this moment. 

'It's going to happen soon. The operation to retake Wall Maria...'

"You guys...

Do you have the faintest damn clue...

...what you're doing?"

Next Day>>>

I gazed over at the Sun as it sets into the hills. The wind was pleasant. It was very calming. As I continued to gaze over the hills, I heard voices behind me and I turned around and walked over to the other side. I saw the many residents of Wall Rose. 

"Take back Wall Maria for us!"

"The future of humanity is in your hands!"

"You all come back in one piece, all right?! But go and reclaim our territory!"

Levi: Someone's got a big mouth.

Hange: Well, with the commotion we made, of course, they'd find out. 

Jean, Sasha, and Connie: Yeah! You can count on us! You know we will!

Erwin: As far as I'm aware, this is a first.

Then the spontaneous happened. Commander Erwin screamed at the top of his lungs and thrust his left arm into the air. The residents below us answered back with shouts and cries. Commander Erwin once again shouted back. Levi looked at him as if his head had fallen off. The rest were in utter shock. Then, Erwin unsheathed his blade and pointed to nowhere in general. 

Erwin: The final operation to retake Wall Maria...will now commence!

At his orders, everyone started scaling down the wall towards their horses. We followed Commander Erwin to Shiganshina. 

Timeskip>>>

It was now dark out and we continued to make our way to Shiganshina. Traveling at night had its advantages and disadvantages. 

"Woah!"

The person's horse shrieked and panicked. He managed to calm it down. I heard 

Levi: tch...

Y/N: Be careful next time. Your horse needs to light. Light its path and it won't happen again.

The guy nodded and got back on his horse. 

Levi: We're not at the foot yet? It's almost dawn.

Soldier: Once we're over the mountain, Shiganshina's right there. 

Jean: Titan on the left! Everyone halt! Light up the area!

I maneuvered my flashlight to the left to see a 3-meter class Titan sitting. 

Hange: It's all right. He's fast asleep. This lad must not be one of those new types that move at night. Heh! That's too bad. Let him be.

After Hange's explanation, we continued making our way to the district.

"Go get some rest." 

I looked up to see Levi looking back at me.

Y/N: Huh?

Levi: I said go get some rest. You and Eren both need it.

Y/N: I'm fine, Levi. I'm not tired. I slept all of yesterday. 

Levi made no extra comments and looked forward. After minutes of continuous walking and trotting, I saw the foot.

Y/N: There's the foot. (looks back at one of the soldiers)Relay the message that the foot is up ahead.

The soldier nodded and did so as I requested. Then...there it was...Shiganshina...

Levi: You still have that box, Y/N?

I patted my right thigh and felt the box. 

Y/N: I do.

Levi: Don't lose it. I have an unsettling feeling that we're gonna have to use it sooner or later.

Y/N: Right...

Then the horses in front of me started to gallop, Pegasus did the same and we were headed to the Wall. 

Erwin: Be on guard for Titans hiding in the shadows! Our operation begins now! All troops, switch to ODM gear!

I jumped off my horse and made my way to the interior gate of Shiganshina. Commander Erwin stopped next to me. 

I then saw a hand go up. It was Armin's. He was standing in front of a black mark. It looked as if it had been kicked off of the wall. 

'Perhaps...it's fire ash...?'

Armin: There are remains of fire here! This could only mean that they're close and nearby!

Erwin: Go ahead and take a look at it.

Armin: Yes, sir!

I watched as Armin headed down to investigate. Then out from the distance, the flash of yellow lightning appeared. I can only guess it was Eren's. Few minutes had passed and I saw two green flares fly up. That was when Armin flew up and returned.

Armin: I looked into it. I'm pretty sure someone was camping. The pot was cold and lights were scattered on the ground. They were drinking something like black tea. Also, there were three cups with drops of a black liquid in it. At the least, there were three people atop the wall. 

Y/N: Three...?

Erwin: Was the metal pot completely cool?

Armin: Yes.

Erwin: I find that odd.

Armin: Agreed.

Erwin: We charged here at full speed using horses and ODM gear. Had they notice our approach by sound or by sight, they'd have two minutes to react. A pot in use wouldn't cool in just two minutes. They had to have known we were coming for five minutes or more. Meaning they've had plenty of time to prepare for us. 

Armin: Th-There must be a scout in addition to the three on the wall...no, we have to assume there are many more enemies in hiding. 

Y/N: Or, there were only three of them. Or more specifically, three Titan shifters.

Armin: (shocked)How so?

Y/N: It's just an idea...it's possible that it wasn't only Reiner and Bertholdt...it's possible that the Beast Titan was there with them too...

Erwin: For now, locating the enemy is our priority. Arlert...with that brain of yours, you've saved us from disaster countless times. Right now is one of those times we need you. 

Armin: Huh?

Erwin: Take as many soldiers as needed. Find out if enemies are hiding near the inner gate or not. 

I watched as several soldiers come over to us.

Y/N: Commander, I would like to assist Armin.

Erwin: I have something else in mind. Go over to the exterior gate and await orders from Levi. (to everyone else)As of now, you obey Armin Arlert's commands. Continue the search!

"R...Roger!"

Female Soldier: What are your orders, Arlert?!

I watched as Armin was physically shaking. 

Armin: Send one group to each side of the wall! Search all the buildings near the inner gate! Report any findings with an acoustic shell! A-All right?

"Roger!" 

I watched as the soldiers all jump off the wall and started searching.

Y/N: Don't get into your head. Just do what you think is both emotionally and ethically right.

Armin nodded and jumped off the wall. I started making my way towards Levi. I jumped and switched to ODM gear. As I was zooming over to his position, I heard the sound of a flare being shot. I looked at the source and saw a red flare.

'Stop? Did Armin find something? Or is it Commander Erwin being himself again?'

I got on top of the wall and ran my way.

'I see them.'

Y/N: Levi!

Levi looked over at me and just stood there. Mikasa, Eren, and Hange were there too. I turned to where they were looking and saw capes and swords tapping the walls.

'Wait...Armin is onto something!'

I watched carefully as they continued to tap the wall. 

'!!!'

A soldier got pierced by one of our swords and someone came out of the wall.

Armin: Reiner!

Levi went after him at full speed and jumped onto him. Going for his neck. 

'That's it!'

I ran after Levi as a flash of yellow lightning consumed the area. I looked at who transformed and it was Reiner.

'But he...'

Levi: Y/N! Get back to Erwin now!

I wasted no time to switch over to my gear and fly back to Commander Erwin. Then another flash of lightning consumed the area, but it came from behind Erwin. Then the lightning spread all around that area.

'No way...'

As the smoke dissipated, there was a line of several Titans. The one in the middle stood out to me.

Y/N: Beast Titan...

I then saw the Beast Titan grab onto a nearby boulder and hefted it over his shoulder. 

'!!!'

I didn't think twice before slitting my palm as I turned to my Titan Form. The boulder flew out of his hand as I dropped down the wall. I positioned myself in front of the hole leading into the district. I watched as the boulder made its way towards me. 

I crystallized my legs and arms. I held my ground as I outstretched my arms to grab onto the boulder. 

'Here it comes.'

I closed my eyes waiting for the impact.

BOOM

I hugged the boulder as it almost crushed me. I kept holding onto it until I felt no more of its pushing force. I threw it in front of me and kneeled. 

'That's smart...they were going to go for our only exit out of this district...now what's next on the table?' 

Erwin: L/N! Get out of your body! We have to discuss the operation!

I nodded and got out of my body. I checked to make sure my gear was still intact and it was. I flew towards Commander Erwin and waited for his next words. I then felt something in my hand as I grabbed onto it and I looked down on it.

'It's another cape...'

Levi: Erwin, he's gonna climb up.

I put my cape on as I looked back to hear the thuds of Reiner. I looked back into the distance to see the line of Titans and the Beast Titan itself. I then saw a Titan slightly behind the Beast Titan on its hands and feet.

'Could it be...'

Erwin: The quadruped type down there is an Intelligent Titan. No, there might even be others.

'And the Titan's is carrying quite a load...but for what...?'

We then all watched as the Beast Titan brought its hand up and started shouting. He then brought it down and stopped. Birds flew out of their homes in the trees.

'It's sending out 2-meter classes and 3-meter classes first...but for what reason...the horses? But the soldiers down there should be able to move them somewhere else...'

Armin: Commander! The Armored Titan is close! And we still don't know where Bertholdt is!

Erwin: Yeah, I know.

Commander Erwin became quiet again. He then raised his head.

Levi: Are you finally ready to say something? I could've had breakfast during the wait. 

Erwin: Dirk Squad and Marlene Squad! Protect the horses at the gate of with Klause Squad! Levi Squad and Hange Squad! Take down the Armored Titan! Employ the Thunder Spears at your own discretion! Achieve your objectives whatever it takes! This moment! This battle! The survival of humanity depends on it! Once more, for humanity...give your hearts!

"Yes, sir!"

Soldiers jumped off the walls once more. I was going to follow them as well, but...

Erwin: Wait! Levi, Armin, Y/N! I did say Levi Squad, but I need you to stay, Levi and Y/N.

Levi: To protect the horses and not Eren?

Erwin: That's right. And to strike him down when the chance comes. You two are the only ones I can entrust to take on the Beast Titan.

Levi and Y/N: Understood.

Levi: Since I failed to kill that armored brat earlier, I'll make up for it with the Beast Titan's head. Y/N you take left. I take right. Start when I give the signal.

Levi jumps off the wall. I was about to slit my palm again, but I felt a hand stop mine. 

Erwin: Don't use it yet, you're planning to wipe them out. Not demolish them. 

I nodded as I followed after Levi.

'This is where we show our superiority over those mindless walking flesh!'  

"Choose...

...you have it in your hands...

...now...

...choose."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.4K 1K 43
You are a strong young woman, Y/N Hanzer, who escaped from the Underground City with your best friend, Greg Schneider. But one day, Commander Erwin S...
6.2K 126 13
My name is Y/N L/N, and I live outside of The Walls. My whole life I have been hiding in fear from my worst enemies...Mankind. You might be wondering...
112K 3.6K 92
โ‰บโ‰บ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜… ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟโ‹† ๆฉฑใฑ I hope you like it -Warning, this story will be long, since I'm going to write the 4 seasons of the anime. ...
22.9K 898 15
[ UNDER EDITING!!! ] ใ€ŠCOMPLETEDใ€‹ Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by titans. Titans are tall, seem to have no intelligence...