✔|Entwined With You|

By imasuperracehorse

[Book One of the You Series] "Rules are meant to be broken, aren't they?" he whispered among my gasps. * Isa... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Epilogue
Extra: Head Designe-r
Extra: We're Pregnant
Thanks.

Chapter 30.

10.5K 337 24
By imasuperracehorse

"Quick! Quick! Please, it's an emergency."

"Will you please calm down Miss. We cannot make it any quicker." The nurse said as he pushed the strecher inside the room.

"Call a relative of his for the paperwork." He said before closing the door hastily behind him.

I searched up for his mobile phone's password from the list of his various passwords and typed it up. Who should I call now? His mother, probably. I typed in an 'm' and scrolled to find her contact stored as Mom. She picked it way too quickly.

"Hey sweetie! I'm so bored here without you."

"Ma'am its Isabella Greene. His assistant."

"Oh, hello dear."

"There's a problem." I bit my nails anxiously.

"Wha-what's wrong? Is he fine?"

"He had an accident. Got hit by a car. I've got him to the City Hospital." I held the chair near me for support.

"I'll be there in a minute." She stated and hung up.

And really, she was there in a minute. She spotted me and frantically ran towards me.

"How is he? How did this happen? Oh God! It isn't something critical is it?" She cried out.

"I-I don't know how. He had just pushed me over to a side. All I heard was a crash. I turned around to find him wounded. A reckless car driver did it all. Just yelled a sorry and ran away."

"That bastard." She seethed.

"I-I'm so sorry ma'am. All of this happened because of me."

"How on earth can you mak-" She was cut off as the doctor made his way towards us.

"How is he!?" She ran over to him.

"He's a lucky man, I must say. Got his spine saved. He has a broken hip and a few broken ribs. Well, his right arm is fractured. There are some other minor injuries as well. I would suggest that you don't let him work for a week. Four days at least."

"Thank God." She whispered. "I'll make sure he doesn't work. Thank you so so much."

"That's what we are here for." He smiled. "You can take him home in about half an hour, as soon as he's conscious."

Within an hour, we were in Mr. Ainsworth's room. We helped him lay down on the bed and went outside the room to give him some time to rest. He did not even utter a word till then. Outside, it seemed as if she was having some distant thoughts, like she was worried about something.

"So you'll go home now?" She asked.

"No. I have to look for an apartment, actually. My roommate left yesterday so I have to look for a smaller place. I cannot afford it alone."

"Oh."

"Is something troubling you?" I gently kept my hand over hers.

"Yes darling. His father- he has some blood pressure problems. He forgets his pills and he wouldn't take care if himself when I would not be around. But then I need someone to take care of himself. I just don't know what to do." Tears made way into her eyes.

"I'll do it."

"What?"

"Yes ma'am. I'll do it for you. Besides I'm the one responsible for this."

"Number one: stop addressing me as ma'am, my name is Lara. Number two: stop blaming yourself for whatever happened and number three" Her voice softened. "You would do that for me?"

"Yes Lara I would. I'll keep searching for the apartment side by side and take care of him as well."

"I don't need anyone's help." I heard Mr. Ainsworth grumble and walk towards us using the walking stick.

"God Julian! Just go lie down again." Lara yelled and guided him back to the bed.

"I can take care of myself." He again muttered.

"Yes you can. But you'll need someone for assistance. And who is better than your assistant?" She smiled as she took his stick and kept it near the bed.

"But-"

"Julian James Ainsworth! Stop grumbling this instant and go to sleep. Isabella is staying here and that is final." Lara fumed and I widened my eyes.

"Whatever." He huffed and closed his eyes.

***

"Take care." She wiped a tear and gave a last glance at Mr. Ainsworth who sat on the what seemed a really expensive couch rolling his eyes.

"I'm not paralysed, you know."

"Shut up." She huffed and giving me a hug and a knowing smile, left.

"You want me to take you back upstairs?" I asked him in the sweetest voice possible and walked to him.

"I can walk." He muttered and lifted his weight up on the walking stick. Within a second, he flinched and flopped back on the couch.

I stood in front of him and gave him my hand to get up. He reluctantly sighed and took my hand, wrapping his warm one around mine. He attempted to get up and I quickly rushed off to give him my shoulder to lean on.

"Sometimes it's better to take someone's help." I smiled as we ascended on to the stairs.

"Whatever."

I pushed his bedroom's door open as we reached it. He grumbled and made complaints as I got him to pay down on the bed.

"I'm your boss. You are supposed to follow my orders, not the other way around." He groaned again as I covered him with the sheets.

"We are not working right now." I smirked and stood up to leave him to sleep.

"So where are you going now?"

"I'll get the food ready. Your housekeeper...Miss Lily is not here so I'll take care of the food." I reacalled Lara's long lecture.

"Where is she?"

"Her grandaughter is sick. So she's gone to take care of her." I shrugged.

"Oh...okay."

"Take some rest." I mumbled and left the room, gently closing the door behind me.

I entered into his big kitchen and started looking for the items just as Lara had instructed me. The kitchen was well organised, so everything was done easily. Within a forty five minutes the creamy Italian sausage soup was ready, steam pouring out of the bowl. I kept it on a tray and made my way towards his room.

I slowly opened the door, expecting to find him sleeping. But, he was lying with his head against the bed's headrest deep in thought.

"I told you to sleep?"

"Woah! Are you planning to give me a heart attack!?"

"You did not realise I was here?"

"Nope. Got me somethin'?" He pointed at the tray.

"Yes. Some creamy Italian sausage soup by Chef Isabella." I joked and carried the tray up like a waitress.

"Chef. Both of us know who's got the better cooking skills there, sweets." He mocked.

"So should I like take this back or..."

"No no no...I'll have it."

He shifted on the bed so that I had some place to sit. Then using his left hand, he tried to pick up the spoon, but it obviously landed back on the bowl.

"I'll help you." I rolled my eyes.

"No. I can do it." He tried the thing again but to no avail. He sighed and gave up.

"Told you already." I grinned and picked up the spoon. I blew some air on it given that it was still a bit hot.

"I hope this is not the dangerous Hot Spicy soup you had got me that day."

"Ha. No it isn't."

I brought the spoon closer to his mouth. With an impresed expression he inhaled the smell and then finally opened his mouth taking it all in. He closed his eyes for a few seconds. Shit. I didn't forget to put the salt, did I? That is why I should always check food before serving.

"Mmm. My company has got you some cooking skills, hasn't it?"

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 9.4K 49
"Sorry." She replies and I can tell she is not as sincere as the first time. "Again, Ms. Brown. I'm not sure you mean it." I order, tightening my gr...
121K 6.1K 57
[18+] [Photoframe Series Book #1]🦋 [🎖️The Fiction Awards 2020 winner] It's a new adult love story with a possessive, billionaire hero and scandalou...
70.2K 2.5K 46
❦ The Billionaire and His Flower❦ Book 1 Of The Ecstasy Series ❝Death is our forever because I want you to be mine, till eternity❞ . . . ''She was Hi...
706K 29.8K 36
Isabella was not interested in falling in love. Marco was not looking for a relationship. The perfect combination for a foolproof agreement. Right? ...