High On Life

Da bejeweled_30

Nida Khan's got everything a girl could possibly want; riches, style, popularity, charm, A grades, and a far... Altro

1: New School
2: Being Nice
3: Butthurt
4: Unexpected Weekend
5: Getting To Know You
6: Meeting The DhoomBros
7: Hints
8: Je T'aime......Pas !
9: Saviour Or Tormentor
10: The Race And Its Aftermath
11: I'll Take Care Of You
12: Birthday
13: Party Catastrophe
14: Teddy Bear And.....Secrets?
15: The Challenge
16: Bipolarity At Its Utmost Peak
17: Bromance Or Romance?
18: Sheer Disbelief
19: Words Which We Never Said
20: Love Triangle?
22: Destiny In A Mere Paper
23: Fate Revealed
24: Nighttime Romance Gone Wrong
25: High On Love
26: School Madness
27: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 1)
Author's Note
28: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 2)
29: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 3)
30: Confused
31: Love And Family
32: The Concealed
33: Agreement And Tension
34: Revelation Of The Truth
35: Good Times
36: The Engagement (Part 1)
37: The Engagement (Part 2)
38: Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gaye
39: Affliction
40: The Fault In His Love
41: Little Moments
42: Numb....
43: The Unexpected Bend In Our Road
44: Seven Days....Seven Decades
45: Sajna Teri Judaai.... Meinu Raas Na Aayi
46: Day One At Camp
47: Just One Chance?
48: Another Day, Another Memory
49: A Departing Soul's Secret Wish
50: The Truth Was Out
51: The 'To Be's' Outing
52: Masquerade Ball
53: Qubool Hai
54: Feels
55: Lost The Battle
56: First Time
57: Bailed Out
Author's Note
58: Losing It
59: The Inevitable
60: Judaai
61: Untold Memories
62: Unanswered
63: Did Time Really Heal Both Ends?
64: Hope?
65: The Plan
66: Pleasing Awkwardness
67: We Found 'Us'
68: His Love Potion Worked
69: Love Makes Life Live
70: New Year, New Beginning
71: Crucial Meet With The Truth
72: Back To All That Once Existed
73: Shidzi Ever After
74: Blessed
Epilogue
Author's Note
Fam Jam

21: Shocker

3.3K 248 122
Da bejeweled_30

He neared me very slowly. "I've been in love with you since the first day I met you at Richard Shane. You're the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in my life and then when I came to know your personality as a whole, tub...." He takes a short pause as if thinking how to complete.

"Tub tum pe marne laga." He chuckles, looking down. I was still unable to recover the shock I had received from these few words. I just constantly gaped at him as he explained himself.

This was the first time a guy had ever come up to me and actually admitted that he loved me, otherwise, it'd just be flirts giving me signals, leaving perverted notes in my locker and just never having the urge to say it to my face.

"I know you don't feel the same way about me, but I....I'm crazy about you Nida Khan." He neared me and I backed away slowly until my back hit the wall and I was cornered in between his arms which were placed firmly on the wall behind me.

I gazed into his eyes and saw utmost sincerity in them. Wish he saw what my eyes spoke about Shehry. But wait....he did say that he knows I'm in love with Shehry then....why is he doing this?

"Harry." I suddenly spoke, breaking out of my trance.

I opened my mouth to say more, but he placed his index finger on my lips sending an electric shock through me. "Sshh! I know what you have to say. Just...please....don't say it." He looks down with hurt evident on his face.

I just looked down at his finger as he leaned in very slowly, looking at my face and then at my lips, as if asking for permission.

My heart rate shooted up as he shut his eyes and so did I, in fear, as his heavy breaths fanned my face.

I squinted open my eyes and his face was dead close to mine. No ! I can't do this ! He can't do this ! I love Shehryaar.

The air around me grew tensed as his finger still trapped my lips. He took his finger off and I closed my eyes, too stunned. Too nervous. Too confused to say or do anything.

Just when I thought he was about to kiss me, he leaned in and pecked onto my temple, sending a wild effect through me. I blinked open my eyes and see a very hurt expression on his face.

"I should get going now." He moved away from me and grabs his coat from the sofa, without glancing back at me, once.

"Thanks." He smiles weakly as he stands in the door frame, ready to leave.

"Harry wait !" I halt him midway through and without thinking twice, I just hugged him. He froze at first, but then slowly wrapped his arms around me, as he hugged me back.

Not sure if he understood what my hug meant but...

I'm sorry Harry. I love Shehryaar. I know exactly how it feels not to be loved back by that one person you love most. Mujh se behtar yeh sachaai kaun jaane.

We pulled away and without looking into each other's eyes, backed away in our own directions.

I went inside and just completed the rest of the project, trying hard enough not to think about what he said today. He just confessed his love for me and I just....I just threw him away with my silence.

And now that I realize, meray aur Shehry mein farq kia raha yeh sab karne se? Shehry ne mera dil tora aur meine Harry ka. I wonder Shehry ka kis ne tora hoga. Uss ka to koi tord bhi nahi sakta. He never had even the slightest feelings for anyone. Jis din usko pyaar hoga na, sirf tab hi woh samjhay ga. Ke kitna dard hota hai kisi ka dil torne se.

I put the stuff away and silently crept into bed as I dozed off. Who knows what'll happen tomorrow. When I have to face both corners of this triangle in the same place, with a whole different feeling. Harry. And......Shehryaar.

Next morning

I entered school but unlike everyday, people today stared into my soul as if I had committed some sort of crime.

Some girls were shaking their heads in disappointment while the rest of the people just gasped and pointed fingers at me as I made my way to my locker. I was starting to creep out now. This situation was so different and scary. I glanced at my outfit then looked at my face in the small mirror on my locker door. All was fine. Then why is everyone acting like that?

"Finally, the slut arrives." I hear a muffle from behind my locker. My eyes widened and I shut my locker a little to see a giant muscular guy standing afar, leaning against a locker, with his hands in his pockets and eyes, boring into mine.

"Who you talking to?" I managed to ask him, just to make sure.

"I don't see any other sluts in here?" He replies and my eyes widened. My rage meter shooted up and I sprinted in his direction, fisting his shirt's collar in my hand.

"What. Did. You. Just call me?" I clenched my jaw.

"I just called you a slut. Got a problem with that?" He smirked and I was infuriated.

I, at once, slapped his face so hard, that my own hand pained me. People surrounded us as they watched the show.

He looks away and all of a sudden, yanked my hand off his collar with such force that I fell to the ground. He took a step closer to me and reached his hand out to touch me. His eyes now showed nothing but sheer anger. But I didn't care. I was ready to fight him once more.

"Come at me, you asshole." I spat and he crouched down at my level, with his hand reaching out in my direction. He was about to grab me, while I prepared myself to kick his ass, when suddenly, a punch in his face flew him away from me.

I looked at my saviour and my eyes widened. It was Shehry.

He lifted the guy by his collar and jabbed one into his stomach with his knee. I was distraught by the noise which escaped through the action.

I was about to get up and stop Shehry when Hafsa instantly drags me up and pulls me to the girls' bathrooms nearby.

"Tumhaara dimagh kharaab hai kia? He's one of the school's biggest gangsters and you were messing with him?" Hafsa screamed in my face.

"I could've handled that asshole myself, if it weren't for him, interrupting us." I spat back, referring to Shehry.

She looked disturbed by what I said. "He saved you Nida. Why can't you be thankful to him?" She spoke calmly.

"I didn't need him to save me Hafsa. I could've handled everything myself." I clenched my jaw in furiosity.

"Tees maar khan mat samjho apne aap ko. That guy would've easily whooped your ass, if it weren't for Shehry !" She yelled back, defending Shehry. What ?!

"Tumhaara taaluq to sirf aur sirf Hussain ke saath hona chahiye. Why do you care what's happening between Shehry and I? Larnay marnay do hum dono ko. Tumhaara to kuch nahi jaa raha na?!" I grabbed her by the shoulders, and looked at her face.

She had no answer. We stood in silence for a few seconds, until she finally spoke. "Do you even know why that guy called you a slut ?" I could see her eyes pooling up as she spoke.

I just shook my head nervously. What did I even do?

"That's because since yesterday, when you stayed with Harry after school to finish the project, people.......people are saying that you lost your v...virginity to Ha...Harry." She stuttered.

I couldn't believe my ears. This...this rumor. Who spread this? My heartbeat slowed down as I tried to absorb the mess I had been put into. I felt weak and was about to faint any second. How can someone do this to me?

Hafsa takes out the school paper and it was Headlines, all written in bold.

Popular High School Diva Nida Khan Looses The 'V' Status !!!

Tears began engulfing my eyes. Why? Why me? I just wanted to dig a hole in the ground and bury myself in.

"Hafsa." I looked into her eyes as tears fell off mine.

"Nida, relax. I'll help you out of this." She hugged me instantly.

"No Hafsa. My image. It's...It's ruined. The whole school now thinks I'm a....a slut." I bawled over her shoulder.

"Nida, snap out of it !" She pulled away and shook me by the shoulder. I continued to cry as images of people hating on me, insulting me, and treating me like shit had already started engulfing my mind.

She wiped away my tears. "Nida. I'm going to get you out of this. I promise. But until then. You will not give any sort of explanation to anyone regarding this. You understand me?"

I just kept silent as I stared at the school paper and she asked me one more time with her tears on the verge of dripping off her eyes.

"Understand?" And I nodded.

She pulled me into her arms. "Relax babe. We'll get you out of this mess."

"I should get back to class now." I said and left the washroom only to find a huge crowd outside, gathered around the same place where Shehry and that guy fought. What was going on?

I rummaged hastily through the crowd and screamed at the sight in front of me. "Shehry !!!"

I ran to him. He laid on the floor, laden in blood. His jaw bleeding, his arm twisted and he looked completely scathed as that guy got up to leave after almost killing him.

My head was exploding in rage as I took off my two inch heel and smacked it into his face. He had a small knife in his hand but I wasn't scared. Maarna hi hai na, maar ke dikhaaye mujhe !!!!

"HOW DARE YOU HURT HIM ?!" I once again screamed, giving him a low blow and he almost fell to the floor as the people groaned. He ran away from reach and I turned to the people.

"AND YOU ?! ALL OF YOU !!!" I addressed all those students who gathered around only to see what was happening, and did nothing to help the situation.

"What the fuck are you guys doing here ?! He almost killed him. And you guys are just standing here, ready to pick up his dead body ?!" I screamed at everyone as tears rapidly escaped my eyes.

"Get lost !! All of you, just get the fuck away from us !!" I screamed in pain and threw both my heels at the crowd which had now begun to disperse quickly.

I turned to Shehry in hiccups; tears wildly rolling off my waterline as I sighted him just laying there, knocked unconscious.

"Shehry ! Shehry can you hear me?!" I lifted his head into my arms as his blood dripped onto my clothes.

"Shehry ! Get up !" I yelled as I cried constantly at his condition. His forehead bled and his shirt torn as there were all sorts of cuts on his abdomen. His legs were bleeding visibly through the beige pants he was wearing. That knife....

He moved a little. "N..Nida?" He managed to utter with his broken jaw.

"Haan. Bolo Shehry. Mein...Mein idhar hi hun. Nothing's going to happen to you. I promise. I...I'll get help !" I held his face in my hands with my voice broken as I spoke and my tears fell off violently onto his face. His hand shook as he slowly placed it on top of mine and I glanced at his face which portrayed a reassuring expression.

Shehry's POV:

I never thought I would end up like this in a fight. I laid helpless on the floor as everyone else in the crowd watched me suffer. I could feel pain all through my body wherever he jabbed the knife into me.

All of a sudden, I heard someone scream my name. It was her....

I fell unconscious for I don't know how long, until now when I opened my eyes and saw her face. "N..Nida?" I managed to utter through my dislocated jaw.

"Haan. Bolo Shehry. Mein...Mein idhar hi hun. Nothing's going to happen to you. I promise. I...I'll get help !" She was a complete mess as she held my face in her soft hands and her tears constantly dripped down to my face, making my heart ache even more.

I lifted my bloody hand which shook constantly and placed it on top of hers. She glanced at me with her sore red eyes and I return her a reassuring nod.

She then grabbed my hand carefully, which had a huge knife cut through and lifted it upto her face. My breathing became heavier as she slowly placed her lips on top of the cut and softly kissed my bruise.

Iss aik lamhe ne, mujhe apne saare dard bhula diye. Aik....woh saare dard jo meray pooray jism mein uth rahay thay. Aur aik......woh dard jisse bhulaana bhi chahun to bhool nahi paata.....Mera dil tootne ka dard. Dard hona bhi chaha tha meray iss zakham pe, lekin hua nahi. Uss aik ehsaas ne meray dil ko alag sa sukoon de diya. Aik aisa sukoon jo koi aur nahi de sakta.

She whimpered at the sight of the blood that constantly escaped the cut. She instantly took out her cell phone in her shaky hand and dialled a number.

"Hussain !!! I'm in hall A-4. Please jaldi aao. Please. Shehry's hurt." She bawled through the phone and I heard Hussain's shocked tone through her phone. She hung up and begun crying to herself.

I had never seen her like this before. I tried to get off the ground but the cut on my back ached and I groaned in pain. "Aaah!"

She was startled and instantly tried to calm me. "Shehry, he's coming. Relax." And with that, she lifted me by the unbruised areas on my arms and leaned me against herself, slowly wrapping her arms over my abdomen.

I could feel her heart throb violently against my back. Why was she caring for me, all of a sudden? Where were her feelings when she kissed Harry? I felt my heart ache as that scene once again crossed my mind and I wanted to cry but couldn't.

There were a few minutes of silence, which she broke. "Shehry....I..I'm sorry, you had to face all of this, b...because of me." And a tear fell in my hair. Ah ! Finally Miss Arrogant apologizes.

"It's not your fault. Mera qasoor hai, ke tumhaare har maamlay mein taang araane aa jaata hun when you can very well handle every situation yourself." I whimpered as my jaw pained me.

She was quiet and just hiccupped in hurt. I slowly lift my hand to her face and wiped her tears off her cheek, although I was unable to turn and see her face.

Suppressing the pain, I slowly turned my neck and saw her face. She looked at me and gulped.

I slowly lifted my fingers up to her lips and she shuddered. I wiped away the blood that stained them. My blood. She breathed heavily and I slowly turned away and saw Hussain approach us.

His eyes widened, seeing my condition. "Saale, aaj kis ke saath lard para tu." He crouches down and helps me off Nida.

"Aaah !" I yelled in pain and she jumped up, literally.

"I'm okay. I'm okay....Bas dil kar raha tha lardne ka." I chuckled and Hussain smacked the back of my head.

"Thair jaa beghairat ! Tennu ghar jaa ke dasni aan." Hussain narrowed his eyes as he spoke in a Dolly Aunty accent.

He helps me off her and she stands up. Slightly reluctant, she puts her arm across my back and lifts my arm upto her shoulder. While on the other side was Hussain.

As we walked forward, I turned to her and find her looking at me with those innocent eyes of hers. She quickly looks down upon the awkward eye contact. They took me to the medical assistance office and laid me down on the bed. Hussain moved aside but Nida's long curly hair were tangled in my watch and she almost fell over me, but contained herself.

We gazed into each other's eyes for an eternity when she quickly broke out of the trance and looked down at my arm, slowly pulling her hair out of my watch.

Upon having done so, she just walked away quietly, rather ran out of the medical assistance room as the nurse started dressing my wounds and gave me a few stitches.

Hey nurse, why don't you be nice, and just stitch my heart too? But use strong ones, just in case my heart breaks apart again, even now when it was healing a little.

Nida's POV:

I ran out of the medical asisstance room, unable to say or do anything else. I weeped as I headed towards class.

"Nida ?!" Someone yelled in fear.

I looked up and saw Harry heading in my direction.

"W...what happened? Thi..this blood? Are you okay? What happened ?!" He bombarded me with questions, looking extremely worried.

I just didn't answer and cried, so he hugged me. Tightly, as he carressed my hair.

"Nida, what happened to you? Tell me." He asks over my shoulder.

"Nothing Harry. Let's just get to class." Just another encounter where I lose myself, break down, and cry for someone who doesn't even love a single bit of me.

_________________________

Whooop !! Another update in a single day ;) lol :p The things weekends do to me ;) :D Hope you guys love where the story is going. :) Don't worry, jal hi Shehry aur Nida ki dosti karwa dein ge ;)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

296K 13.8K 31
Marriage...a very beautiful word yet full of life surprises. If one gets married with the love of their life, then it's beautiful. But what about a f...
46.2K 3.9K 23
Shehryaar Asif, the player, and Haya Khan, a well known chic flick journalist, cross paths on their road to achieve their career goals. While Shehry...
18.5K 964 31
This is the story about a girl who gets an arranged marriage but she still in love with her ex. She tries to move on but life is one hell of a roller...
255K 16.4K 62
**COMPLETED** SEQUEL TO SAJDAH Shehryaar and Asmaara meet again after three years of no contact at all. A lot has changed yet, a lot is still the sam...