The Girl Who Disappeared (Har...

By kingriss

The sequel to Forbidden Love. 06/24/21 Will undergo some editing and revision after the series is complete... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Please read. Very important.
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Part 1)
Chapter 28 (Part 2)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
PLEASE READ
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Checking up on ya'll
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Details on the third book (PLS READ)
Third book is out!!!!
Check out my new book

Chapter 59

1.2K 46 19
By kingriss

A/N: Currently editing in the airplane. If you are reading this, it means I've arrived in PARIS!!!!!! My airline has prisoner of Azkaban in their in flight movies, sweeeeet.

Maurelle had her own compartment, kept it empty for her sake of privacy. A silhouette appeared before her just behind the screen door. When the door was opened, a girl who looked a couple years older than her walked in and sat across from her. She had Slytherin robes, but they were different than the ones Slytherins wear now. They looked a bit outdated. Maurelle thought that she must've been given a uniform that a family member used to wear.

"Maurelle, isn't it? Freya?" She said.

"Yes, that's me." Maurelle said.

The girl smiled, "Wow, you look just like her! Anyways, that's besides the point." she said as if she was talking to herself, "I just wanted to warn you about the years to come." she said.

"Warn me?" Maurelle said.

The girl's mood changed from an upbeat to a serious one,"This war won't be the end of it. More trouble will appear to come when you least expect it. The past is where you'll find your answer. Once you've figure it out, do not hesitate to take action, otherwise, things will turn sour. Do not fret my child, you won't be alone. This encounter won't be our last, but soon, you will be with your own. It will be a bittersweet ending but nonetheless needed. I wish you luck in your endeavors and hope you succeeded. Listen carefully, rewrite history and all is well. "she immediately got up and walked out of the compartment.

Maurelle tried to chase after her, but she disappeared.

"War? My own? That was weird." Maurelle said to herself.

The train stopped at its destination she waited for everyone to leave the train. When she got down, she saw the trio a few feet to her right. Ron restraining Harry from Draco.

"Just stay away from me!" Harry yelled.

Maurelle got down and Hermione noticed her. She placed her hand on Ron and Hermione's shoulder signaling her that she was doing fine, giving them a reassuring smile. When Hermione understood, Maurelle brushed passed Harry, still not acknowledging him and walked up to Draco who was in front of them. They started walking ahead, but Maurelle turned her head slightly to Harry, giving him a half-smile before she left off with Draco.

"Where were you, babe?" Draco grabbed her by the waist and kissed her forehead as they walk on ahead, away from the trio.

Harry shook off Ron, and released himself from his grasps. He angrily stomped away, while Hermione and Ron exchanged glances, worried for his sake.

"I arrived a bit later so I just took the empty compartment that was nearby." Maurelle said.

"I wish you could've been with me. I tried to save you a seat." He said.

"Even if you could the compartment was full anyways." Pansy said.

Maurelle ignored her comment and continued talking to Draco,"No worries, you don't have to worry about saving me a seat next time. I've missed you so much. I've had a stressful summer."

"What happened?" He said.

"The Ministry is giving me a hard time. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to talk about it." She said.

"Really? Not even for me?" He whined.

"I'm sorry, babe." She squeezed his checks and kissed him.

"Ugh" Pansy said in disgust.

"And you Pansy? An eventful summer?" Maurelle sarcastically said.

"Actually.." Pansy had a smug look on her face.

Draco glared at her, shaking his head not to say anything.

Maurelle noticed their exchange, "What?"

"Oh, nothing." Draco said.

"Okay?" Maurelle said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good evening, children. Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank... who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures... while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher... Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you for what he says is the 462nd time that he had annually updated list of various banned items, usually introduced by our humorous experts...Fred and George Weasley" Dumbledore said.

The twins stood up and took a bow as the rest of the school cheered.

"...which are posted in an extensive list on Mr. Flich's door." Dumbledore continued.

All of a sudden, Umbridge got up and started speaking,"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright... happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends. The Ministry of Magic has always considered... the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster... has brought something new to this historic school... progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved... perfect what can be perfected... and prune practices that ought to be prohibited."

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That was really most illuminating." Dumbledore said.

"Illuminating my arse." Maurelle mumbled.

After the speech, everyone had their first feast of the year. Tables were filled with enormous amounts of food and desserts. The ceiling was a beautiful starry night and ghosts floated above. Maurelle and Draco decided to leave early and venture off into the halls to their common room. They sat on the couches nearby the fireplace.

"I can't believe another year has gone by." Maurelle said.

"I know, it's all going by too fast." Draco said.

"What have you been up to over the summer?" she said.

"Nothing much, just helping my father around. And you?" he said.

"I've been practicing on my magic." she said.

"You never stop, do you?" he said.

"Of course not. In times like this, we have to be prepared for anything." she said.

"If you-know-who comes to power, maybe it'd be for the better. Get rid of those filthy mudbloods." he said.

Maurelle slapped the side of his arm.

"Ow!" he said.

"Are you crazy?! If he comes to power this is more than just getting rid of muggle-borns. He'll rid of supporters of any kind. He will make this world a sadistic place." she said.

"Okay, okay! I was just joking. You know that." he said.

"Draco, you don't have to believe everything your father tells you." she said.

"What?" he said.

"I'm just saying if you continue to follow into something you aren't familiar with, you may find yourself in serious trouble." she said.

"Maurelle, you have no idea what you are talking about. My father is a great wizard, and he has seen some things that I could not possibly imagine. Look, I don't care what he believes in nor what he does, but he is my father nonetheless and I have to listen to him. I just want to make him proud and not feel like a worthless son. If your mother were alive, wouldn't you want to make her proud?" he said.

"Yeah, I would." she said.

"We both know how it feels to carry on a legacy." he said.

"But-" Maurelle was about to say something but was interrupted.

Pancy was walking over to them,"Hey Draco, I forgot to thank you for letting me stay at your place over the summer. I had fun and your parents were very sweet. I hope I wasn't a bother in your room."

Draco looked over at Maurelle who was glaring at him, he then chuckled nervously,"Yeah, don't mention it, Pansy."

Pansy left and Draco was stuck with a pissed off girlfriend.

"What happened to no visitors, Draco?" she had her arms cross and her eyebrows arched.

He laughed nervously,"It's not what you think, Maurelle."

"Then please explain. I'd love to know why?" she said.

"Her family and mine are very close. Our fathers had a project that required them to work together over the summer. Since her family lives quite far, my parents offered to host them." he said.

"Riight." she said in disbelief.

"Maurelle, babe. Trust me." He held her hand.

"I trust you." she said still in disbelief. She got up from the couch and broke off his grip," It's getting late, I'm going to my room."

"What?! I don't get a kiss goodnight?" He pouted.

Maurelle was already by the stairs," Maybe Pansy will give you one, I'm sure she did it all summer." she teased him.

"Maurelle" he sighed.

"Ok, fine." She stopped going up the stairs and turned to face him, she blew a kiss in his direction, "Goodnight, my love." she said mockingly

"That's it." Draco got up from the couch and quickly chased after her, wanting her touch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maurelle walked into DADA class, everyone already picked a seat. Harry and Ron sat together, of course. A seat next to Hermione was taken by another Gryffindor student. And Draco had the oh so wonderful Pansy by his side.

"Wow, Draco, didn't even save me a seat." Maurelle said.

"I'm sorry, I owe Pansy this year, since she sat by Crabbe and Goyle these past years." Draco said.

"Riight, so you pleased a follower, instead of your girlfriend.Totally understandable." Maurelle tried to comprehend the situation.

Everyone around them, plus his goons were laughing and 'ooh-ing' at what they just witnessed.

"Shut it." He scolded his group, "Maurelle why are you so bothered by it, you told me I didn't have to worry about saving you a seat. So I don't see the problem of giving it to Pansy." he said.

"I know what I said, but we've practically sat next to each other almost every single year. I just thought that it was already established." she said.

Draco didn't really see it that way, and when she brought it up, he could tell how much it meant to her. Before he could say another word, Maurelle left and walked closer to the front of the class and sat by another Slytherin student, Calvin Nocturne. Another handsome boy, who seems to capture the hearts of other girls, but Maurelle's. Dark brown hair with piercing green eyes. He was taller than Draco and was very fit.

"Wow, Maurelle. I knew you'd come around." Calvin tried to put an arm around her, his voice already hypnotized the girls near them.

"Hands off, Calvin." she said and Calvin raises both of his hands up to surrender.

"That was rude." A girl behind them said.

"He was being nice." Another girl said.

"Yeah!" The girls were banding together.

Maurelle turned around to look at the girls and stared them down, "Listen hear you little plebs, if I here one more peep out of all of you. I won't hesitate to curse or hex you. If I can kill that spider last year, it will be even easier to curse you. Got it?"

The girls nodded their head in fear.

"Good." She said.

"Wow, I wish you can yell at me like that." Calvin said.

"Oh Merlin, you are so annoying." She sunk into her seat.

"I'm sorry, darling. But I can't help it when a beautiful girl sits next to me." Calvin said.

"You need a filter, Calvin. Otherwise you'll end up scaring all the girls away." Maurelle said.

"I'm not scaring them away. Right, girls?" He turned to the girls sitting near them.

"Yes, Calvin." They all said in awe.

"No wonder I don't sit next to you." She mumbled to herself but Calvin heard her.

"Trust me love, you won't regret it." He took his fingers and gently lifted Maurelle's head to him. This caught Maurelle by surprise, hypnotized by his green eyes.

Draco saw their interaction, immediately consumed with anger and jealousy.

Maurelle got her senses back and swiftly grabbed Calvins hand, squeezing it causing him pain.

"Oww, okay!" Calvin surrendered.

Draco started to become at ease, content with Maurelle's reaction.

"Good morning, children. Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations. O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWLs. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe. Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on... you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved... course of defensive magic. Yes? " Umbridge saw Hermione's hand.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Hermione said.

"Using spells? Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." Umbridge said.

Maurelle raised her hand and Umbridge acknowledged it.

"We're not gonna use magic? "Maurelle asked.

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way." Umbridge said.

"What use is that? If we're attacked, it won't be risk-free." Harry said aloud.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class. It is the view of the Ministry... that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient... to get you through your examinations... which, after all, is what school is all about." Umbridge said.

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry continued.

"There is nothing out there, dear. Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself? " Umbridge said.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort. " Harry said.

"Oh no, here we go again." Maurelle hid herself as she laid her head down with her arms in front of her.

"Now, let me make this quite plain. You have been told... that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie. " Umbridge said.

"It's not a lie. I saw him. I fought him. Maurelle fought him! She was there too. She was the one that helped us escape." Harry said.

"Detention, Mr. Potter. Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident. " Umbridge said.

"It was murder. Voldemort killed him. Maurelle, tell her!" Harry said.

Maurelle slightly lifted her head up to peek. Umbridge looked at her and noticed that she wanted the conversation to end.

"Enough! See me later in my office, Mr. Potter." Umbridge said.

After class ended, Maurelle packed up her belongings as fast as she could hoping no one comes up to her to talk about Harry's accusations. Harry tried to catch up to Maurelle, but felt a hand grab on to him, holding him back. He turned around and it was Hermione, behind her was Ron.

"It's no use, Harry. Even if she said something, it will only make it worse. I'm sure she has enough on her plate with the tournament. Not only did Cedric died, but..." Hermione lowered her voice and pulled him in somewhere quietly," she now has the dark mark. Who knows what she is going through." she defended her.

Harry completely forgot about her mark. He started to feel guilty when Hermione mentioned it.

Maurelle forgot one of her book and Calvin ran up to her. Draco saw Calvin chase after her, jealousy consumes him.

"Maurelle! Maurelle!" Calvin yelled after her.

"What do you want Calvin?" she said in an annoyed tone.

"You were in a hurry, and left your book." Calvin said.

"Oh..uh thank you. I'm sorry Calvin, I just have a lot going on in my mind right now." Maurelle said.

"Is it because of Draco? I overheard the conversation." he said.

"You know what, sure." Maurelle said wanting this conversation to be over soon.

"You know I would never do that to you. You have gone through a lot with the tournament. If you were my girl, I'd make you extra special." He took his fingers and traced her face from her cheeks, jawline, and stopped at her chin. Winking at her as he lifted her chin up.

Maurelle pushed him off gently,"Calvin you're an idiot. As if I fall for you're stupid pick up lines."

"And that's what I like about you Maurelle. You're not like these other girls. You're beautiful, smart, and powerful. You don't care about my dashing looks." he said jokingly, "I'm just saying be mine-" Calvin said.

"Excuse me... Be what? Yours?" Draco laughed as his goons followed behind him,"Did I hear you right?"

"Yeah you heard me right, Malfoy. I said if she was mine, I'd do more than save her a seat next to me." Calvin walked towards him.

"But she isn't" Draco came over to Maurelle, as he held her by the waist.

Calvin saw what went on. He looked at Maurelle who couldn't care less about the situation.

"You aren't worth my time." He said to Draco, then looked at Maurelle, "I'll catch you later, Maurelle." Calvin winked at her.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." she rolled her eyes.

After Calvin left, she turned to Draco, "Really? Now you come to my defense?" Maurelle said.

"I'm sorry, Maurelle. That was stupid of me, I'll save you a seat next time." Draco said.

"No, I think I'll sit with Calvin for the rest of the year, he seems like good company." Maurelle whisper in his ear before releasing herself from his grasped and winked at him as she disappears through the corridors, "Boys are clueless." she mumbled underneath her breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Maurelle was walking through the corridors when she bumped into Hermione.

"Hey, Hermione." Maurelle said.

"Maurelle! Thank goodness I ran into you. I need to tell you something"  Hermione said

"Why what's wrong?" Maurelle said.

Hermione looked around and took Maurelle aside.

"Harry had detention with Umbridge, you know, from the whole scene he made in class. Her particular practice of discipline is completely barbaric. She used some sort of dark magical item on a quill. When one uses this quill, instead of ink, it uses the user's blood, causing a scar. Harry had a lot on his hand, I told him to report it, but he refuses. Assuming that you are closer to Dumbledore, maybe you could bring this up."  Hermione said.

"That bitch." Maurelle said.

"Language!" Hermione said.

"Sorry. I will definitely bring this up." Maurelle said.

"How's your mark? Any chance of it going away?" Hermione said.

"It still stings every now and then. It's a working progress in trying to remove it, but I have patience." Maurelle said.

"If you ever need anything, you know you can come to me." Hermione said.

"Thank you, Hermione. I really appreciate it." she smiled warmly.

Later that night, Maurelle met up with Dumbledore in the dark tower. She noticed Dumbledore was staring outside, his back facing her, looking at the starry night.

"It's a shame." he said.

"What is?" she said.

"Such a beautiful night out, too bad we can't enjoy it at this moment." he turned around and faced her,"He's looking for the prophecy."

"I've been carefully tapping into his mind, trying to see if I can get clues. I see a dark room filled with these glowing orbs. Now it all makes sense." she said.

"You must be careful, Maurelle. He is very skilled, one mistake and he has complete control over you." he said.

"Don't worry, I made sure of it." She then went on to mention about Umbridge, "Dumbledore?"

"Yes, Maurelle." he said.

"I have some concerns about, Dolores." she said.

"You mean, Professor Umbridge?" he said and Maurelle nodded, "She may not be your liking, but she is still your elder."

"I only address properly to those who I respect and she, on the other hand, is not worthy of mine. She speaks of unorthodox practices here at school, quite hypocritical of her to say when she performs questionable discipline on your students." she said.

"What has she done?" he said.

"Harry received detention from her not that long ago. It seems she thinks it's best to use dark magic to knock some sense into your students. Enchanting a quill, which uses the blood of the user. Scaring them. I fear that this is only the beginning, she can potentially hurt these students to the brink of death." she said.

"I'll have Professor McGonagall look into this and confront Umbridge." he said.

"I believe these students are safer at home than in Hogwarts. When will you come back and take charge? She will bring this place down to the grou-" she said.

"Enough! Everyone is already denying the fact that Voldemort is back. If I took charge of this mess, it will cause more harm than good. No one trusts me because these wizarding tabloids think I am a lunatic. Umbridge will use that against me and remove me from the grounds for good. Unless Fudge accepts Voldemort is back, I can't do anything." he said.

"But we can't sit here and wait." she said.

"No, we can't. At this time, it is not up to me, it is up to you and Harry." he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maurelle was walking over to a hall filled with desks and oil lamps. It was another area for students to study other than the library. When Maurelle arrived she saw Draco.

"Hey, I thought you said you couldn't study at this time when I asked you the other day? If you wanted to study alone, you should've told me." Maurelle said.

"I uhhh-" Draco was about to say something but was interrupted by his study partner.

"Um, excuse me, you are blocking my spot." Pansy said.

"Of course, how could I be so clueless." Maurelle chuckled to mask her jealousy.

"Maurelle, please. I will explain later." Draco said.

"Oh no need to explain, sweetheart. You guys spent a lot of time over the summer, and sit together in most of your classes, it only makes sense that you guys should study together. Besides, I'm used to studying on my own. I wish you a...productive study session." she gave them a fake smile and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maurelle approached Hermione and Ron at the great hall, Harry was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey guys." Maurelle said.

"I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages."Ron said with his mouth full.

"Don't mind him. Anyways, I'm worried for Harry. He's been distant and cranky lately. I assume it's because you and Dumbledore aren't speaking to him. It's getting to him." Hermione said.

"It's been hard. I wish I was able to defend him on our first day in DADA." Maurelle said.

"With Umbridge here, it will become a miserable year." Ron said.

"I couldn't agree with you more." Maurelle said.

"So what did they say during those meetings?" Ron said.

"I don't know if I should say. Your mum would freak out if I told you anything." Maurelle said.

"Maurelle, Harry's coming go!" Hermione said.

Maurelle passed by Harry, looking forward.

"Why did she leave all of a sudden?" Harry came.

"She forgot she had to help Calvin with his potions homework." Hermione lied for her.

Harry looked over to Ron to confirm. Ron exchanged a glance with Hermione, practically ordering him to go with it. He nodded his head profusely.

"I doubt that. She probably knew I was coming." Harry said.

"Maybe it is for the better." Ron said.

"Anyways, can I join you?" Harry said.

Hermione smiled and nodded. Harry was about to sit down, but heard McGonagall and Umbridge arguing. Everyone who was in the hall, ran along to where they were. The trio followed and saw Maurelle in the crowd, and came to her. They watched as the two Professors clash.

"Excuse me, Professor. But what actually are you insinuating?" Umbridge said.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices." McGonagall said.

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questionig my authority in my own classroom, Minerva." Umbridge said.

"Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods." McGonagall said.

"I am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry, and by extension, the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty." Umbridge said.

"Disloyalty." McGonagall repeated ain disbelief. McGonagall knew there was no getting through this stubborn woman.

Umbridge turned to the crowd, "Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action." She looked at McGonagall up and down then preceded her way.

Maurelle walked over to McGonagall, "This is going to be tough."

"You can say that again. I'm afraid I don't know what else I can do, I don't have much authority against her, Maurelle." McGonagall said.

"Not even stop the way she is hurting the students? There are children for Merlin's sake. These parents entrusted Hogwarts in hopes that them being here will keep them safe. " Maurelle said.

"Miss Freya, I have you know that we are doing as much as we can." McGonagall said sternly.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry, Professor. I just really dislike that ugly toad." Maurelle said.

"I know how you feel. But it's my word against hers. The Ministry will most definitely want to side with her." McGonagall said.

The trio slowly walked over to them.

Maurelle continued on her conversation with McGonagall, not really acknowledging her friends who was now standing near them.

"I won't let her go any further, Professor. If you and Dumbledore would just let me-" Maurelle said.

"No, Maurelle. You are a student here at Hogwarts, we will not let you cross the line of defying your elders." McGonagall interrupted her.

"Fine." Maurelle had a look of frustration and anger in her face as she took one last look at McGonagall and then the trio before she left.

"Miss Freya." McGonagall called out to her.

Maurelle stopped and turned around to face her.

"I suggest you should see Professor Dumbledore again later this evening. It seems you haven't gotten "it" under control" McGonagall said.

Maurelle stared blankly and went on her way.

"What was Maurelle planning on doing to Umbridge?" Harry asked McGonagall

"Oh nothing for you to worry about Mr. Potter. Now if you'll excuse me I have to be somewhere." McGonagall said hastily.

"Did you see the way Maurelle reacted." Ron said.

"She didn't look all too happy. It looks as if she wanted to hurt Umbridge." Harry said.

"Well...." Hermione said.

"What?" Harry said. 

"I did tell her about what happened during your detention with her." Hermione said.

"Hermione?! I told you not to tell anyone." Harry said.

"I know, but at least Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore now know the situation." Hermione said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ever since school started Maurelle was having a hard time trying to get Draco to herself. Even a simple 'working together on homework' was hard for him to schedule. She always found herself stuck with the same responses.

"I'd love to babe, but I promise Pansy I was going to tutor her for potions."

"That sounds amazing, but you think we can schedule that after, I'm busy that day."

"You think we can put that tomorrow morning, Pansy wanted me to help her practice for her oral examinations tonight."

Pansy this Pansy that.

Maurelle was sitting under tree right outside the school, reading a book.

"There you are, I've been looking everywhere for you." Draco said.

"Well I've been here for the past few months or so. I'm surprised it took you this long to notice." She said.

"Maurelle, you've been distant lately. If this is about that whole incident with Pansy, it wasn't that big of a deal. She's been one of my close friends since my first year here at Hogwarts. I know you'd do the same for yours" he said.

"Me? Distant?! It's not about you saving a seat with her. It has nothing to do with that in general. I just noticed that you've been spending a lot more time with her. More than usual. I know you've been friends with her for a long time, but I can't help but worry. Now that we are dating, of course, I'm going to worry about how much time you are spending with other girls, especially Pansy. She's practically in love with you." She said.

"There's nothing going on. You're just overreacting." He said.

"Overreacting?" She said, offended by that comment,"She is trying to take you away from me, and she even said it herself ."

"Oh please." He scoffed

"Don't patronize me, Draco. She's been head over heels for you, she didn't stay just to be friends." She said.

"What about you and Calvin? Are you sure you aren't just friends." He said.

"Are you accusing me that I have some sort of relationship with him?" She said.

"You tell me. You spend an awful amount of time with him." He said.

"Calvin and I are just friends. And maybe if you didn't make that mistake of sitting next to Pansy or making all these plans with her, I probably wouldn't even be talking to him." She said.

"Oh really now you bring that up again! If you wanna play like that then that guy has been wanting to talk to you since the first year. All the girls would sacrifice anything to be with that pretty face bimbo. And to think he swept you off your feet." Draco said.

"Now you are already accusing me of cheating?! Who is putting these idiotic things in your head?!" She said.

"You know what, yeah. No one needs to tell me anything. It's all coming together. Now I know why you are so distant." He said.

"Oh my, I can't believe you. You are insane." Maurelle got up and started to pick up her stuff.

"So what? You're gonna leave. So you are admitting that you've been seeing him." He looked down and shook his head, "Pansy was right."

"Excuse me? Pansy? Of course, she would." she said.

"Pansy has never lied to me, before. She has been a loyal friend, she wouldn't lie to me." he said.

"I've always cared for you. Everyday, every minute since we've officially dated, I thought to myself wow, I finally found someone who I care for so deeply, return the same feelings. For once, someone who understands me. Someone who will always be by my side. And here he is, accusing me for such a heinous act, I wouldn't dare to do. If you think I am a cheater, then why don't you go date that loyal Pansy of yours and leave me alone. You know what, I'll make it easier for you, we are done." She said.

"What?" Draco couldn't believe what he was hearing, "you're breaking up with me?"

"Why act so surprised? You were so quick to judge me a minute ago. Clearly, we are in a rough patch." She said.

"Are you being serious?! Maurelle stop being ridiculous. Let's just calm down and work this out, like we always do." he said.

"No." Her voice started to crack,"This is not the same thing. We aren't fighting over silly things, Draco. You don't believe me." She tried to walk away, but Draco grabbed her wrist.

"Maurelle, please. I want to believe you. I do. Please, stay." He said.

"No you don't, I've made it clear. Don't make me repeat myself." she shook her arm off and stormed away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 1.3K 20
Your family bloodline is very famous. Your mother and father are Order of Merlin first-class. You have been sorted into Slytherin and excel in studi...
11.2K 240 18
It was a classic love story between Lily Evans and James Potter. They met, eventually fell in love, got married and came to have two beautiful little...
73K 1.6K 45
Anastasia Martha Riddle is going back to Hogwarts! What will happen if Harry and the Weasleys find out about her secret father? How will her and Drac...
273K 532 37
06/24/21 Will undergo some editing and revision after the series is complete. She was the most powerful witch that has ever lived, even more powerfu...