The Girl Who Disappeared (Har...

By kingriss

The sequel to Forbidden Love. 06/24/21 Will undergo some editing and revision after the series is complete... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Please read. Very important.
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Part 1)
Chapter 28 (Part 2)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
PLEASE READ
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Checking up on ya'll
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Details on the third book (PLS READ)
Third book is out!!!!
Check out my new book

Chapter 42

1.1K 37 5
By kingriss

"Look at you. How can someone like you be my daughter? You're a disgrace. You're weak!I I'm glad I left this world, I wouldn't want to be seen near you." the boggart said in Iris' voice.

"Maurelle, think." Lupin said.

"Riddikulus!" she said.

Iris was in clown clothes and a pie was thrown to her face. This made everyone laugh, but Maurelle wasn't pleased. She moved to the back to hide from the crowd. Hermione noticed something was wrong with Maurelle and left the line to comfort her.

"It was just a boggart. It was just a boggart" Maurelle mumbled to herself.

"Are you okay?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." she faked smiled at her.

"You don't have to lie, especially to me." Hermione said.

"You're right." Maurelle said.

"Look, Harry's up next. Let's go see." Hermione said.

Harry was next in line, the boggart shifted into a dementor and Lupin jumped in front of Harry. It changed to a full moon, then was placed back in its cage.

"Right. Sorry about that. That's enough for today. Collect your books from the back. That's the end of the lesson. Thank you! Sorry! Sorry, you can have too much of a good thing." Lupin dismissed everyone.

As everyone left Draco caught up with Maurelle to see if she was okay.

"Hey, I wanted to see how you were doing, after what happened back there?" he said.

"It wasn't the best, but I'll live." she said.

"I understand your fear. I have the same one too." Draco said.

"It's not a surprise, you practically look up to your father and do everything he says." she chuckled.

"I can't help it. When you've been raised by someone who has done great things, I'm expected to exceed those expectations." he said.

"I guess we're all slaves to our parent's legacies." Maurelle said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the day the students visit Hogsmeade, but only those with permission slips were allowed to go.

Maurelle saw Harry watch the others leave the building, she assumed he wasn't able to get his permission slip signed.

"Hey, Harry." Maurelle said.

Harry turned around, "Maurelle, you aren't going?"

"No, I forgot to let Augustana sign the slip, so I'm stuck here. But that's fine, I've already been there for my birthday." she said.

"I really wanted to go, but you know how it is back at the house." Harry said.

"Of course. At least we are together, just like good times." Maurelle hugged him with one arm and rubbed his side.

"Yeah, it's been a while." he returned the hug.

"Is something bothering you?" Maurelle noticed.

"It's just that day when we faced the boggart in class. I wondered why Professor Lupin stopped it for me." Harry said.

"Well, why don't we go and ask him. We have nothing else to do." she said.

They walked around the castle in search for the Professor, and found him by the bridge.

"Professor Lupin!" Maurelle called out.

"Ahh, Maurelle. Harry. What can I do for you?" he said.

"Professor, can I ask you something?" Harry said.

"I guess I'll leave you two alone. I'll see you later, Harry" Maurelle said.

She made her way down to Iris's memorial ground. She sat at her usual spot, looking at her mother's statue. It was quiet, small breeze passed through, but it was gloomy.

"I swear, mum. I'm doing my best to get stronger. I really am." She said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later on that night, Sirius Black has been rumored to be roaming the castle. They lock down the school and everyone had to sleep in the great hall. Maurelle, Draco and his goons just left their common room and to the great hall, carrying their sleeping bag and pillows.

"Awww you have matching PJs" Maurelle told Draco in a baby voice.

"This is fine silk, Freya. " He said.

"It looks good on you, Draco." Pansy said.

"Of course it does." Draco said as he flipped his hair.

Maurelle burst out laugh, "Yess it does." and moved ahead.

"Freya, what's so funny." Draco said.

"Ooh nothing." she said while giggling.

They made their way in the great hall and claimed their spots. Maurelle was about to make her way to Harry, but Draco called out to her.

"Pssst. Psst. Freya." Draco said, "Come here."

"What do you want?" she said.

"I don't want Pansy sleeping next to me. She's a drooler and a snorer." Draco said.

"Then what about Crabbe and Goyle?" she said.

"I'm going to be crushed by them. My arm just healed, I'm not trying to break it again." he said.

"Okay, fine." she said.

She fixed her sleeping bag next to his and laid down. She closed her eyes and tried to go to sleep.

"I can't believe we all have to sleep here, just because some crazed looney is in search for Potter." he said.

Maurelle tried to ignore him in hopes he could just quiet down and fall asleep.

"Freya. Freya." he whispered, but it was no use, she was not moving one inch. He nudged her a bit, "Freya."

"What?!" she darted her eyes.

"Nevermind, nevermind." he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snape marched in their DADA class and started slamming all the windows shut

"Turn to page 394." he said.

"Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?"Harry said.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching... at the present time." he said.

"Turn to page 394." Snape saw Ron still turning the pages, and waved his wand to flip his pages.

This caught Ron by surprise, and noticed the topic of the page,"Werewolves?"

Maurelle and Hermione snuck in the class successfully. Maurelle took a seat by Draco and Hermione with Harry.

"Sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start that for weeks." Hermione said.

"Quiet." Snape said.

Ron just noticed Hermione and he turned to the other side of the classroom and saw Maurelle too, "When did they come in? Did you see them come in?" he asked Harry.

Harry shook his head.

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference... between an Animagus and a werewolf? No one? How disappointing. " Snape ignored Hermione's hand.

"Please, sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon... he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend. The werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind." Hermione said.

Draco followed with a howl.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy." Snape sarcastically said.

"That's the second time... you've spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself... or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" Snape said.

Everyone nodded and shrugged in agreement.

"He's got a point, you know." Ron said.

'Five points from Gryffindor. As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk, by Monday  morning... two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with emphasis... on  recognizing it." he said making everyone groan.

It's Quidditch tomorrow.

"Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you. Page 394." he then continued to lecture the class, "The term "werewolf"... is a contraction of the Anglo-Saxon word "wer"... which means "man," and "wolf. Werewolf, man-wolf. There are several ways to become a werewolf. They include being given the power of shape-shifting... being bitten by a werewolf..."

Draco sent a piece of paper to Harry. He opened it and looked at his drawing. Maurelle burned the paper from his hands, making Harry turned to their direction.

Maurelle sent a flying paper bird to him. He opened it and it said, "Don't mind Malfoy and good luck!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"These are really bad conditions to have a quidditch game." Maurelle yelled while hiding in her raincoat and umbrella.

"What are you talking about? This makes it even interesting! I'm betting on Potter getting struck by lightning." Draco yelled.

"The dementors are still out there." she said.

"Good, we can finally see him faint." he said.

They watched the game and saw Harry and the other team's seeker fighting for the snitch. They ended up flying towards the sky, and disappearing in the clouds. Not too long, the other seeker, fell getting struck by lightning, followed by Harry, without his broom and unconscious.

"There he is!" A student said.

"Oh no!" Maurelle said.

"Arresto Momentum!" Dumbledore shouted.

"I have to go!" Maurelle pushed through the crowds.

"Maurelle, wait!" Draco said, but was caught up in the crowd and lost her.

Maurelle ran to the hospital wing to meet up with the rest. She walked in and found the team and Ron and Hermione.

"How is he?" Maurelle asked.

"He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?" Ron said.

"Peaky? What do you expect?" George said.

"He fell over 100 feet." Fred said.

"Let's walk you off a tower and see what you look like." George said.

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does." Harry answered.

Everyone sighed in relief.

"How are you feeling?" Hermione asked.

"Oh, brilliant." Harry said.

"You gave us a right good scare." George siad.

"What happened?" Harry said.

"Well, you fell off your broom." Ron said.

"Really? I meant the match. Who won?" Harry said.

"No one blames you, Harry." Hermione said.

"Dementors aren't supposed to be on the grounds. Dumbledore's furious. After he saved you, he sent them off." Maurelle said.

"There's something else you should know too. When you fell, your broom sort of blew into the Whomping Willow, and...Well..." Ron was hesitant to show him, but unraveled the blanket.

Harry was a bit low-spirited when he saw his broom shambled in pieces. Maurelle could tell that his broken broom isn't the only thing in his mind.

"Could you give us a second alone?" Maurelle asked the others.

They all nodded and wished Harry well before leaving.

"Something's on your mind Harry, I've lived with you for eleven years, I know when something's wrong." she said.

"I-it's just I...." Harry said, but was interrupted by Maurelle.

"You heard someone screaming again, that woman." she said.

Harry nodded as he looked down.

"Don't worry, I believe you. When the dementors entered my compartment that day in the train, I heard a man sobbing. I didn't faint, but I could've, if I hadn't stopped it before it could suck the living soul out of me." she said.

"This spell, what is it?" he asked.

"A Patronus charm." she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''

A few days later after the incident at the quidditch game, Maurelle and Harry went to Professor Lupin to discuss about dealing with dementors. Maurelle knew how to deal with it, but for Harry's sake, she didn't mind.

"I'm sorry to hear about your broomstick. Is there no chance of fixing it?" Lupin said.

"No. Professor, why do the dementors affect me so? I mean, well Maurelle and I more than everyone else?" Harry said.

"Listen. Dementors are the foulest creatures to walk this earth. They feed on every good feeling, every happy memory... until a person is left with absolutely nothing but his worst experiences. You two are not weak. Dementors affect you most because there are true horrors in your past. Horrors your classmates can scarcely imagine. You have nothing to be ashamed of." Lupin said.

"I'm scared, professor." Harry said.

"I'd consider you a fool if you weren't." Lupin said.

"Then I must be a fool." Maurelle jokingly said.

"You, Maurelle are on a whole other level." Lupin laughed.

"I need to know how to fight them. You two could teach me.Mentor me." he said to the both of them then looked at Maurelle, "You made the one on the train go away."

"There was only one that night." Lupin mentioned.

"No there were two, one in mine and the other at Harry's." she corrected.

"But you made it go away." Harry said.

"I don't pretend to be an expert, Harry" Maurelle said.

"But as the dementors seem to have developed an interest in you... perhaps I should teach you. But after the holidays. For now, I need to rest." Lupin said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

636K 11.5K 19
IMPORTANT: 9/22/20 I'm currently editing the original as my 14 year old baby brain has since developed and I wanted to get re-involved in this story...
46K 1.4K 11
Ami was a young Hogwarts student and had grown up with her best friend in the Slytherin household. The time of Tom Riddle was an era in Hogwarts whic...
273K 532 37
06/24/21 Will undergo some editing and revision after the series is complete. She was the most powerful witch that has ever lived, even more powerfu...
168K 3.1K 45
A Tom Riddle love story 《NOW COMPLETE 》 He is not supposed to feel love born under the influence of a love portion,but there are exceptions to every...