✔|Entwined With You|

By imasuperracehorse

[Book One of the You Series] "Rules are meant to be broken, aren't they?" he whispered among my gasps. * Isa... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Epilogue
Extra: Head Designe-r
Extra: We're Pregnant
Thanks.

Chapter 10.

12.9K 402 22
By imasuperracehorse

Author's Note : I'll start Isabella's POV right after the lunch break, I know you need the details *wiggles eyebrows*

***

Lunch break went pretty well. I met the receptionist, Sophia-who had helped me during my interview.

She is a really friendly person. So, we have become work friends. Our food choices are similar too. In fact, we made the same order together and then laughed about it later on.

After lunch, I wanted to pee really bad, so I went to the washroom while Sophia made her way to work.

As I made my way towards my office, I saw Mr. Ainsworth on his way to the lift. As he saw me, he stopped and looked straight at me till I was near him.

As I neared him, Sophia spoke up, "Isabella, you know that your shoelaces are undone, right?"

Damn Sophia!

I looked back at her and clumsily stepped on a shoelace and was afraid I would fall on the floor and bruise my face as usual, but instead I collided with Mr. Ainsworth's chest.

Mmm...his musky scent, though.

I'm this short?

My head rested just till his chest. Or let us say, just a bit lower. So I can't grow my height now, can I? This means that I'll always stay this short!?

I started doing calculations about my height in my head when I felt vibrations.

Oh... It's Mr. Ainsworth coughing.

Oh! It's Mr. Ainsworth coughing!

"Mr. Ainsworth Sorry! I-I completely zoned out." I moved away from his chest, embarrassed.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Sophia trying her best to ignore us as she peered into a file.

"Where?"

"Huh?"

"Where did you zone out to?" He asked, his eyes bearing into mine.

"Uh I don't know...I-"

"Fine." He chuckled and moved past me.

I stood watching as he waited for the elevator. The doors opened and he went inside, the doors closed, the lift went away and I finally sighed.

"What was that, Isabella?" Sophia asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"What was what?" I asked, trying to act innocent.

"You know what I am talking about. Spill the tea, sis." She said, making me roll my eyes.

"Can't you see? I was falling down and he helped saving me. That's it." I shrugged walking towards my office.

"He doesn't save people on an everyday basis, you know."

"People aren't clumsy enough to fall on him everyday, you know."
I replied, mimicking her and went inside my office to save myself from any other embarrassing enquiry.

For the past few minutes, Mr. Ainsworth was gone to wherever he was gone. So, I had enough time to relieve myself from the stupid antic I had done.

Well, we can't take it back, right, Forget it Isabella.

I wore my glasses back. I had left them in here when I went to lunch
And just as I was trying to forget my stupid deed, Mr. Ainsworth came into my office.

He came in and stood in front of the desk, staring at me. I didn't have the courage to look at him, so I simply looked down on my hands, fidgeting them.

"Isabella?" He spoke up after a few seconds passed.

"Yes Mr. Ainsworth?" I looked up, acting as if I were startled.

"I'll need this in an hour, I have a conference call." He handed me a bunch of papers.

"Okay." I took them from him.

"You'll be able to do them?"

"Yes." I replied, smiling.

"Good." He said and walked out of my office, his hands inside his pants' pockets.

***

Having done my work, I went towards Mr. Ainsworth's office to give him the papers.

"May I come in?" His back was facing me from his chair.

He rotated the chair and faced me. He was talking on his phone so he simply nodded his head and I entered inside. I stood holding the papers so he mouthed 'Sit' making me sit down holding the papers in my hand. Within a minute, he was done with the call and he looked at me with some sort of amusement in his eyes.

"You really work fast, I must say." Then he checked his watch. "Fourteen minutes earlier than expected." He forwarded his hand and I handed over the files to him.

I didn't mess up, did I?

"And you work well too." He muttered, nodding his head.

"So shall I go?"

"Sure." He said, still peering into the file.

Wait! No thanks?

"Anything else you want me to do?" I asked, making sure to be polite.

"Ah...yes. Order a bouquet of flowers. Whatever you'd find perfect."

I mumbled an 'okay' and left his office, sighing.

Roses would be fine. They work for every occasion. Yes, they'll do.

I called Jim, he was a friend of mine from school days and is now working as a florist.

"Hey Jim!"

"Hi Isabella! Feels like you have called after decades." His soft voice greeted me.

"Yes...I've been occupied with work."

"So, How may I help you?"

"Could you please deliver a bouquet of roses at Ainsworth Industries?"

"Ainsworth Industries?" He repeated, questioning.

"Yeah.. I work there." I said flipping the phone to my left ear.

"Wow Isabella. Look at you gathering up courage after-"

"Jim...let's leave it there, shall we?"

"Fine! I'm leaving the place with the roses. You'll be there, right?"

"Yup, right here, waiting." I said, hanging up.

Now that I don't have anything to do for a few minutes, I'll order some raw honeycomb for Catalina. Making ASMR videos keeps her occupied. I wish I could be there with her every minute, helping her through the breakup.

Order Successful! Your order will arrive in 2 days. For more-

Whatever.

I closed my phone and looked around in my office when I spotted a window. Was it there yesterday? How did I never notice it?

I walked towards the window and looked out through it's glass panels. The view was indeed beautiful. The city could be seen from inside with all the busy people, running around, honking cars, kids playing around.

"Am I disturbing someone?" I turned around to find a grinning Jim looking at me.

"Jim!" I ran towards him and hugged him tightly. He held me with one hand and the bouquet with another.

"It really has been ages." He mumbled in my hair. "Look at you Isabella! You've lost so much weight."

"Thanks Mom!" I smiled. Even though of the opposite sex, he was always like a motherly figure in the friend circle.

"So, tell me about yourself, found someone?" I nudged him with my elbow.

He rubbed his neck with one hand. "I actually did. You remember Alan from the senior year? The bad boy? We're dating!" His ears turned red, making me smile.

I always knew there was something going on between them. Whenever Alan passed the corridors, there were weird vibes around Jim.

"Aww...good for you." Saying this, I couldn't help but hug him again.

What I did not expect to see, on the contrary, was Mr. Ainsworth, standing at the door of my office with his jaw clenched and fists held tightly.

Oh no.

~

Author's Note : Boo!

Don't worry, I won't make him super jealous and stuff. Just a tiny bit. I too am fed up of the certified Wattpad Dicks. That is why I decided to keep the male lead's POV so you get to know what is going around in his mind when he's being a dick.

Alright Cuties!! See you in the next one!!

Love❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.6K 30
"Tell me what you want." He whispers in my ear. I take a deep breath as he stares into my soul. "I want you to fuck me like your life depends on it."...
9.8M 465K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
5.2M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
3.5M 107K 65
❝ I don't have time to waste thinking about a boy who will only destroy my future,❞ I say getting closer to him with every word, maybe a little too c...