The Daughter ↬ SUNGJOY [EDITI...

By sooyoungexquisites

↬ in which a fan brought a baby on a BTOB fanmeet and sungjae got a feeling ↫ More

➳ one
➳ two
➳ three
➳ four
➳ five
➳ six
➳ seven
➳ eight
➳ nine
➳ ten
➳ eleven
➳ twelve
➳ thirteen
➳ fourteen
➳ fifteen
➳ sixteen
➳ seventeen
➳ eighteen
➳ nineteen
➳ twenty
➳ twenty one
➳ twenty two
➳ twenty three
➳ twenty four
➳ twenty five
➳ twent six
➳ twenty seven
➳ twenty eight
➳ twenty nine
➳ thirty
➳ thirty one
➳ thirty two
➳ thirty three
➳ thirty four
➳ thirty five
➳ thirty six
➳ thirty seven
➳ thirty eight
➳ thirty-nine
➳ forty
➳ forty-one
➳ forty-two
➳ forty-three
➳ forty-four
➳ forty-five
➳ forty-six
➳ forty-seven
➳ forty-eight
➳ forty-nine
➳ fifty
➳ fifty-one
➳ fifty-two
➳ fifty-three
➳ fifty-four
➳ fifty-six
➳ fifty-seven
➳ fifty-eight
Special Chapter 1
favor

➳ fifty-five

12.3K 674 199
By sooyoungexquisites

"Just put it there," Joy pointed towards Areum makeshift bed on the corner of the office, "I'll put them up later,"

"If you want, I can bring it up right now," Sungjae suggested, he's scratching the back of his head and by the tone of his voice, he still have more to say, "So you know...you don't need to struggle later. Then I'll leave so yeah, everyone will be saved from a very awkward situation,"

Joy can see the worry in his eyes and she can't seem to understand where these worries are coming from.

"What are you saying? It's okay. They're okay, they won't ask you to leave," Joy explained and Sungjae's expression didn't change. There's still uncertainty with the way he began to avoid Joy's eyes.

"I just don't think it's a good idea for me to stay here," Sungjae bit his lips, too nervous because he thinks he'll ruin the special moment of these girls, "I have already damaged your friendship. The least I can do right now is to leave and not make the situation awkward because of my presence," He explained. It's the truth, that's how he feels at that moment. Suddenly, the past came back and again, he remembered how disgusting he was before.

Joy's features softens as she unconsciously drag her feet to where Sungjae is standing. The urge to pat him on the shoulder is too strong, she wasn't able to stop herself, "Hey, don't say that," She said, voice brimming with sincerity.

Sungjae couldn't oppose the way his heart fluttered when he felt the warmth of her hand on his shoulder. It's like it's 2018 all over again.

That's their first physical contact after 5-6 years and she feels the same.

"The girls don't hate you,"

"How do you know?" Sungjae asked.

"I just know," Joy answered and Sungjae can't find the right way to react. Clearly, Joy is also not sure of the things. She's just saying those to make him feel better.

"It's okay," Sungjae let a small smile appear to make her feel less worried, "It's understandable. They won't even look at me during joint concerts or ending stage and I know it's because they're mad and I don't want them to have a hard time because I'm around. Let's not let that happen, it'sㅡ"

"Here, I'll show you," Joy cut him off, drag him out of the office and he doesn't have the will to stop her. He kinda established a habit of not disobeying Joy's decisions because he simply don't want to upset the woman.

It was noisy outside but it subsided when the two showed up, hand in hand, well not really since Joy is pulling Sungjae with her towards them.

"Sungjae-ah?"

Joy looked up to see the man with a familiar voice and she stiffen upon seeing Minhyuk next to Irene.

There was a brief war of flashbacks but Joy stopped them before it can continue to a full blown anxiety attack and she's proud of herself for handling it so well.

"Joyiah!!!"

Her body jiggled, startled by the loud yet soft voice of another man from the other side of the room. She turned around to see Changsub running towards her and before she could even react, she was already engulfed in a bone-crushing hug.

"Yah!! You stubborn lady!!" He screamed right next to her ear and Joy flinched because he was really being loud. She already dropped Sungjae's hand who's also shocked watching the two reunite.

Even Areum who's enjoying her seat on Hyunsik's lap, playing games on the older's phone, immediately turned her attention to her Eomma and the loud uncle.

There's no denying, Joy is closest to Changsub even before We Got Married. When her and Sungjae started dating and whenever they have problems, she always reaches out to Changsub for advice. He has always been the older brother she never had and seeing him again today is making her really emotional.

"Took you guys long enough," It was Sungjae's turn to be surprised as Wendy suddenly talked next to him. He turned around to see Yeri and Wendy looking at him and his first reaction is to give them a bow.

Yeri stifled a small laugh and Wendy just smiled and bowed back. "Let them have their moment first," Wendy said, motioning towards Joy and the boys surrounding her, "Can we talk?"

Sungjae swallowed the nervousness and nodded, the three of them taking a few steps back away from the crowd. Seulgi is now holding Areum as the rest of the BTOB members greets Joy. Irene is holding Minhyuk's hand, both of them being the mediator because the guys are too excited to see Joy.

"How long have you been here?" Wendy asked and Sungjae quickly turned to them after being distracted by the way Joy hold Changsub's arms.

"Uh, I've been here ever since I started my military service," Sungjae answered, voice a little small and cautious.

"5 months? You're here for 5 whole months now?" Yeri asked, she got a little too loud because of how surprised she is with the information. Sungjae only nodded in response, his attention automatically went back to the crowd and now Joy is wiping something on her face.

"So, we heard from Joy that Areum knows nothing? Is that true?" Wendy sounded as if she's not sure if it was right to ask about that but seeing Yeri nudging Wendy, she was forced by the younger.

"Yes. Joy wanted it that way," Sungjae replied and there's no sense of reproach with the way he voiced out those words.

"And that's okay with you?" Yeri asked in plain curiosity.

"More than enough. Atleast I can be with them even if Areum can only see me as a policeman-ahjussi who likes playing with her," Sungjae's eyes wanders towards Areum who's now hugging her Eomma after verifying that her Eomma was indeed crying.

"You know, apologizing and wanting to have their trust back is one thing," Wendy started, "But letting yourself be introduced as someone like that to your own daughter is a different thing," Wendy is not criticizing Joy's decision because she understands where Joy is coming from, right now, what she's trying to do is to look at things through Sungjae's point of view, "Are you really in for the pain?"

"I've caused more than that, this should be nothing," Sungjae replied watching the scene in front of them, Joy with Areum sitting on her lap while all the boys bombarded Joy with questions. There're glint on her eyes and she looked at the people whom she missed so much.

Sungjae then turned towards Wendy and Yeri who's already watching him with soft eyes, "This might be late but I want to apologize for ruining your group, your friendship, your family," Sungjae looked down, shame creeping his feels, "I have no other excuse aside from it's my fault. I was wrong in so many ways and I, I'm very sorry," He sounded really frustrated and regretful.

The two girls gave him a smile and Yeri is already tearing up, "You are also part of the family, Oppa. Things already happened, Joy-unnie was hurt and you are hurt as well. What matters is Areum, I know the two of you can make it," Yeri then went in to give him a hug, she's right, they are a family.

"Thank you," Sungjae patted the younger's shoulder, "And I hope so too, Yerim,"

"There's nothing we can do about it. What's done is done. But what will happen tomorrow is still up to you," Wendy gave him a squeeze on the shoulder, "I hope you learned your lesson and we know Joy. She's too pure to let Areum call you policeman-ahjussi for a long time,"

"As much as I would love that, that's not something I assume to happen in the near future because right now, my priority is to make sure the two of them is safe all the time," Sungjae said, genuine love is overflowing.

"You know what? Looking at you right now, I can say that your love never changed. Your love for Areum is new but your love for Sooyoung stays the same," Wendy stated and Sungjae chuckled.

"I'm not going to push my luck on that matter, Noona," Sungjae's voice dropped.

"Hey! Why are the three of you gathered there?! Come on here, Oppa-deul are going to sing the happy birthday song broadway style for you!" Seulgi said, pertaining about Eunkwang and Changsub. Oh, they almost forgot that it was Wendy's birthday.

The three went back to the main space and let Wendy sit on a chair.
Sungjae decided to seat behind Joy after exchanging knowing smiles with Seulgi and Irene. Peniel and Ilhoon gave him a pat on the back and they looked really happy of the development he achieved.

A lot of hearts are happy but Sungjae felt the lightest and free.

Seulgi brought the cake infront of Weny and once the music started, Eunkwang and Changsub really did started to sing their hearts out. Hyunsik will sometimes belt out a high note and it started becoming really noisy.

Areum on the other hand, a child who still can't differentiate talent and shouting got scared of the three. She thought they are angry so as soon as Irene noticed, she told the three to stop.

"What's wrong baby?" Joy asked, everyone's attention in on the little girl clinging to her so tight.

"Ahjussi looks scary," Areum said, pointing towards Eunkwang and the older acted hurt which made Yeri chuckle.

"Come here little girl," Peniel said, kneeling to Areum's height, "I have the biggest body here. I can protect you from the ugly monster," He said and almost everyone snorted aside from Eunkwang and Areum.

The little girl seems to have a different plan because her head turned to her Eomma's back.

"Policeman-ahjussi? Please hold Areum-ie," Areum requested in a very small voice, puppy eyes and trembling lips. The little girl then opened her arms, asking to be carried.

Of course, who is Sungjae to decline? He's a weak man with a golden heart for the little girl. She took her away from Joy's hold and literally everyone aside from Joy, Sungjae and Areum let out soft murmurs because of the heart-fluttering scene.

Areum easily wrapped her arms around Sungjae's neck and the bury her face on the crook to hide from Eunkwang, all as if it was a calculated move.

Do they do this a lot?

"I'll prepare the foods now! You all better behave huh?" Joy announced, escaping from the sudden change of atmosphere.

The party went on and it's mostly a talk about Minhyuk and Irene's relationship. The adults did their best to avoid topics concerning Joy and Sungjae because of Areum who, by the way, never left Sungjae's hold.

Eunkwang managed to get back Areum's laugh by sacrificing his legendary visual.

The party ended and despite Joy's attempt to stop them from cleaning the mess, they still did.

Areum already fell asleep and soon enough everyone decided they will be leaving.

"We will definitely come back," Seulgi stated which earned a nod from Hyunsik and the rest of the small group.

"Drive safely everyone," Joy reminded and her and Sungjae who's carrying a sleeping Areum stood in front of the shop, bidding goodbyes to everyone.

"Yah! Take care of them alright?!" Ilhoon smacked Sungjae on the butt and the taller glared at him but nodded anyway.

When everyone already left, the three headed upstairs. Sungjae put Areum on the bed.

Joy walked him out of the house but before he could leave, Joy raised her hand for a fist bump, "We did well today, Sungjae-ah!" She sounded tired yet very delighted.

He responded with his fist, "Well done Sooyoung-ie!" He answered with the same level of exhaustion and happiness. "I'll go then, bye!"

"Take care on your way home!"

I wrote this, almost half asleep, so please if there are errors, I'm sorry! Pls do tell me where if u noticed some! Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 131K 78
° It all started with a baby.
244K 4.3K 60
This book will consist of Enhypen BxB one shots. I will include all ships Feel free to request! I hope you enjoy!!
31.3K 1.6K 25
I orchestrate my nights to the time of coffee