➳ forty-nine

Read with wifi

"What about school then?" Joy sighed, switching the phone from one ear to another. She got an early morning phonecall from Areum right after she finished the homemade breakfast made for her.

"Then that will be my first absent in this school year, Eomma. Please~," Areum really used that cutesy voice she rarely use to make her mother agree on not attending school tomorrow. Apparently, the birthday celebration of Minseo's granddaughter is extended and they're going to the beach today, "Plus, Sejeong will not come to school too! Please Eomma~~," Areum begs even louder but this time, she's using a mega-effective aegyo plus her sweet tone.

Joy could never resist to that.

"Give the phone to Minseo-eomma," Joy instructed and almost immediately she can hear Areum screaming from the background.

"Sejeong-ah!!!! Eomma said yes!!! Let's wear matching swimsuits!!!"

Joy chuckled from the other line and then she heard her Minseo-eomma talk, "Areum is over the moon," Minseo announced with a light laugh.

"I heard," Joy laughed for a moment before getting to the serious matter, "Please look at her all the time Eomma. She doesn't know how to swim yet. Please please please don't let her get away from your sight," Joy is very nervous upon saying her reminders. She kept on thinking of bad scenarios that she almost wanted to take it back and pick Areum up but the latter's loud and overjoyed laugh from the background is too precious. She don't want to ruin it.

"Sooyoung-ah... Don't worry, it's only going to be us; Sejeong's parents, Sejeong and Areum, and the rest of the mothers. We will take good care of them since they're the only children coming," Minseo explained and Joy sighed in relief.

"Thanks Eomma. Please enjoy your outing!" Joy said and then shortly after, the phone call ends with Areum telling Joy that she will be a good girl and although Joy is still worried, she trusts her baby and the people Areum is with.

She stared at her phone and it shows the last page she's in. 4 new contacts added: Appa, Eomma, Jiyoungie, Minji♡.

Joy decided to have a half day. Jiyeon can take care of the coffee shop since today's just a normal day. Also, she needs to buy groceries. She's running out of supplies in their house.

After buying everything she needed, she went home exhausted so she fell asleep right away.

It's already dark when Joy woke up and her stomach is growling. She wasn't able to eat during lunch and even though she felt energized, she still feel empty.

Joy decided to go to the nearest convenience store. She's not really in the mood to cook and she's craving for a bowl of ramyeon.

Areum would literally bawl her eyes out if she saw that Joy went out for a grocery and didn't let Areum help to arrange them in place. In the end, Joy let the groceries inside the bags and wait for Areum so they can put them in order together. A really weird bonding time but it's cute.

Wearing her favorite tight jeans and oversized hoodie, Joy entered the convenience store and went straight to buy a cup of ramen and some snacks that will probably make Areum nag Joy if she saw. She sat on one of the stools and waited for her ramyeon to cool down a little.

Before she can even take a bite of the waiting bowl of happiness, successive loud coughs from the other side of the table made Joy look. It would've been funny because of all people, the guys needs to be Sungjae, and it seems like they always meet accidentally unless Sungjae followed her. But that's like not an option because Sungjae is almost done with his own cup of ramyeon and the empty wrappers of sausage says that he's been there before Joy arrived.