➳ twenty one

As usual, Joy is the first one to wake up

As usual, Joy is the first one to wake up. She doesn't even need an alarm clock because her body automatically get out from the sleeping state once the clock strikes at 5 o'clock in the morning.

She did her morning routines and then texted Jiyeon that she's not going to work on the shop today.

Since Dasom is leaving, for sure Areum will be looking for some company and locking her up inside Joy's office or the coffee shop won't be a nice idea, Areum will go on unlimited tantrums.

She decided that her and Areum will go out today, a mother and daughter bonding.

Joy is sad that Dasom wasn't able to complete the two-month vacation they initially planned to spend with each other.

Why do fate got to be so cruel? Dasom is the only one she have aside from Areum but it will probably take a lot of time for them to see each other again. It will most likely that theirㅡ that Dasom's family will prohibit her from contacting Joy.

She prepared bread and coffee for her and Dasom before proceeding to wake the younger up.

Dasom is already awake when Joy got to her room, "Are you that excited to leave me?" Joy joked, Dasom turning her head towards Joy's direction.

A sad smile left the younger's lips, "Unnie. . ." Dasom's voice is hoarse, probably because she just woke up, but Joy can decipher the unhappy tone there is.

"Yah, I'm just kidding," Joy rushed over Dasom and sit next to her. Joy put her arms around Dasom's shoulder, a gesture that she always do for Dasom whenever the latter is in trouble, sad or anything.

"Unnie, you know that I don't want to leave right?" Dasom looked over Joy, it's as if the younger is searching for understanding through Joy's eyes.

"Of course, I know," Joy tried to make her tone lighter even if her feelings is as heavy as the clouds that haven't release its water yet, "We both never wanted this to happen,"

"I just can't help but feel angry towards our family," Dasom's eyebrows furrow, "They treat you like you're not part of it,"

Joy's lips formed a thin line.

"I'm not part of that family anymore," Joy said. It's true, she realized that the basic rule of a family isn't by being blood related at all.

A family is much more than that and has bigger meanings in it. Love, affiliation, care, consideration and much more should be present before a group can be considered as a family.

Things which that family didn't share to Joy.

"You and Areum are my only family," Joy stated. A fact that she's not even sad about anymore.

"Ugh, you made me want to stay more," Dasom complained, "Anyway let's eat now before Appa decides to come,"

The two proceeded to the dining table. They ate silently since both of them doesn't feel like talking at all.