➳ forty

Forgiveness.

It's been an hour since Dasom left but that certain word kept on lingering inside her head.

Joy can't blame Dasom, she's a hundred and one percent sure that the younger meant no harm but coincidently, Dasom brought lots in Joy's life.

And maybe, Dasom could also be right, but her ways were still wrong. So wrong actually, it hurt Joy, and the worse is Areum was involved.

Joy won't say Dasom taught Areum to lie because Joy never ask much about the two's getaway, but still, Dasom is still responsible about involving Areum to deceive Joy about something very important.

That's why she's conflicted. Joy wanted to forgive Dasom but she can't. Not yet.

Joy's not brave enough to give it, actually the right words were: Joy doesn't have it in her yet.

To forgive, it's almost impossible but Joy knew that as much as those people wants it, Joy needs it. Because she wanted to be free from all the guilt, sadness, those emotions that keeps on stopping her from moving on.

Joy wanted peace because she deserves it. Areum and her deserves it.

But before that, Joy needs something first; Courage.

So later that day, when she's packing Areum's things for her "Annual-weekend-overnight" with the mothers, Joy talked to Areum.

"Will you be alright there?" Joy asked, they've been doing this for the past two years, three times a year and now's the second time this year. She shouldn't be worried because Areum will be with the mothers who will take utmost care of Areum but it's natural for a mother to get worried, right?

Areum giggled, "Ofcourse Eomma! I'm so excited!" The younger beamed, eyes big and shining from enthusiasm.

Joy smiled, at ease, "Don't go wandering around without your grandmothers, okay? Behave and don't be naughty. Can you do that for me?" She questions with a soft voice after finishing Areum's hair.

Areum hummed in response and sooner that morning, the grandmothers arrived with packed meals for Joy. Seeing the grandmothers made her even more relaxed.

Joy trusts them.

"Areum-ah! You'll be sleeping with my house this weekend!" Jakyung announced and Areum laughed while nodding with a huge smile on her face.

They talked for a moment before the mothers finally decided to leave, "Call us if anything happens,  okay?"

Joy nodded, a faint smile on her face, "Please take care of Areum," she replied.

"Will do,"

Before they left, the mothers made sure to have an eye contact with Joy knowing that there's something going on again.

"We'll talk about it when we're back. We want you to take care of yourself, Sooyoung-ah,"

"Okay,"

Again, Joy felt cared and loved.

She watched as the mothers took Areum to their house. Joy is very protective of Areum and not seeing Areum even for a blink gives Joy anxiety. Giving Areum the freedom she deserves, letting her explore more of what the world has to offer even though it's very dangerous out there is a courageous thing to do right?

Little by little, step by step, she will learn, there's no hurry, Joy's pace.

Sungjae talked about it to his hyungs. How he wanted to talk to Joy before his training, he wanted to beg and even though Hyunsik disagreed saying it's better to give Joy the time she needed, Sungjae on the other hand doesn't have much, he doesn't have a choice.