➳ twenty four

It's Saturday and Dasom decided to finally take Areum to her promised amusement park date. Areum was of course super excited that she almost forgot to give her mother a goodbye kiss.

"Dasom-ah," Joy called out which made the two girls look back, "Don't even think of doing anything funny, alright? Remember that fanmeeting?" Joy raised an eyebrow which Dasom returned with a roll eye.

"I won't, Unnie. Chill out," Dasom said and the two stride out of the shop.

As for Joy, everything seems back to normal now that Dasom is back. She's most certainly at ease because she knows that her daughter is happy and the baby really adores Dasom's company.

And the fact that it's Sunday tomorrow makes her smile even more.

Speaking of which, Hanseol didn't stop by the shop this morning which made Joy sulk a little. It's very unsual for him not to come and if he did, he will text Joy.

But Joy didn't recieve anything.

She's standing behind the counter again while Jiyeon cleans the tables. There are few customers since it's past lunch time.

Her head is turned down, feeling the soreness of her feet for continuously serving the customers back and forth while wearing an uncomfortable shoes. Her shoes is a little skimpy than before and Joy doesn't have the time to buy one since she's really busy.

"Miss me already?"

Joy's head harshly snap up, seeing someone who's face is all hidden behind mask, sunglasses and a cap.

Sungjae was distracted by her face. Her hair is tied on a ponytail and some baby hairs are scattered on her forehead. They were wet from sweat and Sungjae actually watched as a bead of sweat roll down her doubtlessly beautiful face before he could talk again. It was a stupid act which he was thankful because he was wearing a sunglasses. It saved his weird ass.

"I see, you can still recognize my voice," sarcasm is overflowing Sungjae's voice as he watch Joy's aggravated expression.

"I remembered telling you not come here again," Surprisingly, Joy didn't even falter, instead her voice is stern, disapproval full in it.

It's still unbelievable, 22-year old Joy would never imagine a conversation with Sungjae, with nothing but hatred in it. Every words coming from the two's mouth are sending daggers, trying to hurt the opponent.

Sungjae's eyebrows are raised, it's incredulous how and where do Joy get all the courage to talk back to him, "Who says I want to come here again? I was forced to," said Sungjae.

Joy's eyebrows twitched, sending a questionable look as Sungjae looked around the counter area, searching for an entrance inside it. Once found, his heavy steps started heading towards the small door that almost looked like a part of the large counter.

Joy would be lying if she will say she wasn't scared. Her heart is beating so fast and it almost stopped when Sungjae already got in, "H-hey! Customers aren't allowed to enter theㅡ what the hell! Don't come near me!" She's panicking with a lowered-down scream and an intention to not get any of the customers attention, Sungjae still continues to move towards her direction anyway.

Sungjae grabbed Joy's hands and for a moment he was distracted by her familiar heat but the thought of why he was here made him snap back to reality.

Joy is angry. The contact made her even more furious so she forcefully snatched back her hand, the warmth of his touch still lingers on it and Joy was about to go crazy, "What the hell are you doing?!" Agitation is distinguished to her voice and if looks could kill, Sungjae would be doubtless lying down, dead. As well as Joy for Sungjae is sending her the same amount of furious look.