➳ six

After ringing the door, her sister Jiyoung, was the one who opened it.

Jiyoung was surprised seeing her sister's state, bloodshot eyes, face is swollen from too much crying and tears are still fresh on her cheeks. Jiyoung quickly went to hug her and Joy couldn't help but cry harder. it's what she's been needing since earlier.

Joy only saw the articles after Sungjae left her in the dorm, she's been staying out of social media because of the hateful comments. It's true, it was her with another man but they didn't do anything aside from kissing and flirting, at least that's how she remember it. It happened one night when she and Sungjae had an argument that  frustrated her so she went clubbing and reckless. When she got totally drunk, she found a man, thinking that it is Sungjae, her boyfriend, and started flirting with him.

She woke up the next day at their dorm, Joohyun saying that a man brought her there at 12am which is pretty late. But Joy is positive that nothing happened. Even though Joohyun gave her a very disapproving look, the older chose to not say a word.

Later that day, Sungjae went to apologize to her and they got back again.

Sungjae never knew about her mistake and the guy didn't even showed himself to her until now.

Karma surely is slapping sense in her. Hard.

"Where is Appa?" Joy's looking for her superhero. The man who's always been there through her ups and downs. The man who will stay with her, believe in her and comfort her. And lastly, the only man who can make her feel better.

"Unnie...I'm sorry." Jiyoung's hug tightens, "He said he does not want to see you anymore." Her younger sister sadly informed her.

Joy felt it, the creeping scare in her, "What?! Why?!" She loosens  Jiyoung's hug and tried getting inside their house but the younger is stopping her, "Jiyoung! What the hell?!" Maybe it's all her frustrations and self-hatred that made her scream at her sister like that.

"Unnie! You will only hurt yourself more if you come inside!" The younger of the two felt her eyes stinging. She feels so sorry for her older sister but she can't do anything about it. "You have to listen to me!"

"What about Eomma?!" Joy is already desperate. Really desperate. 

Sungjae left her.

Her former members seem to be avoiding her too, she tried calling them but no one answered. Those girls are probably disappointed by her. Sungjae has been a close brother for those girls.

And now, even her family.

"She's so mad, Unnie. Just leave, please," the younger started spilling tears as she does not want her sister to leave but she's ordered to kick her out. "I'm really sorry that I can't do anything," she couldn't stop herself from pitying her older sister.

"Then let me in and let me talk to them! Jiyoung what the hell!" Joy is rather angry at herself than to her sister.

Joy harshly pushes her sister aside, she didn't want to but she's so desperate now, "Eomma!" she called passing by her sister who hurriedly restrained her for coming in further.

"Unnie I'm telling you, you're going to hurt yourself more ifㅡ"

"Why did you let her in?!" A familiar voice boomed in front of them and Joy saw her mother standing right in front of her.

She felt so happy to see her mother again. It's probably a connection between the parent and their child that once she saw her mother's face, she felt like everything is okay now.

Her mom is there now.

She will magically make things better and there will be nothing to worry about.

She felt like a baby again, she ran towards her mother, hands spread for a hug but she didn't expect what her mother did.

She mother slapped Joy.

"What a disgrace, Park Sooyoung," her mom snarled. Her eyes are full of anger and it almost seems like she is a different person.

"E-eomma..." the slap caught Joy off-guard. Her mom never liked the  physical way of discipline.

Her mom will never hurt her.

She will never...

But she did.

"Why, Sooyoung? Where did I go wrong?" Her mom's voice is shaking and it seems like she's about to cry, but no tears are falling. Instead, her mother's eyes are shaking very much, making the older look at her sharply.

Joy couldn't even form a coherent sentence. The glaring on her mother's eyes is scaring her.

It seems like everything is going down.

"It's fine Sooyoung, it's fine if you got pregnant at an early age! But you know what's wrong? Cheating." Her mother said, "Did you even think about Sungjae? What about his parents? What will they think of you? What will they think of us?! That we raised a shameful daughter?" Her mom's words are spiteful, loaded with hatred towards her. She's well aware of how much her family, specially her mom, values relationship so much and that they will never tolerate such actions like cheating.

She felt so small. Never in her wildest dreams she thought words like that will be coming out of her own mother's mouth.

"If you planned on bringing such humiliation to this family, why did you have to show it to the world?!" Her mom pushed her, causing her to move backwards.

Joy felt like she's burning, slowly turning into ashes and probably later, she'll turn into nothingness.

"Did you become an idol just to humiliate us? Do you hate us that much? Huh?!" She pushed her again and Joy's answers are just quiet sobs.

Her mom is right.

She is such a disgrace.

"You did not even think about your sisters! What if they get bullied?!" Her mom shed a tear but harshly wiped it away.

"E-eomma p-please..." It was a hopeless cry. She knows nothing will change, but she couldn't do anything but plea. Hoping that somewhere in her mother's heart, the older will try and forgive her.

"Leave." Her mom said firmly.

"P-please," she cried but her mom pushed her away.

"Eomma! That's enough!" Jiyoung said running to her older sister, "Unnie, let's go. Please, don't hurt yourself like this," Jiyoung cried, her heart is breaking for her sister.

She lead her outside of their house and it shattered her heart to see her Unnie's frightened and hurtful expression before she closed the door.

Joy fell on the ground.

"This can't be happening..."