➳ forty-three

"But what if the baby's a girl? What do you want her name to be?" She asked.

"A beautiful name," he answered.

Sungjae opened his eyes upon remembering another precious memory. After a long day of lecture and training, it's finally time to sleep. Only that, when he's about to fall deep into a slumber, with his muscles aching for a well deserved rest, a memory he didn't even knew he had will suddenly appear and play inside his head.

He smiled at the recollection.

Memories like them were some of reasons why he's still trying and fighting. There are things that may be very difficult but still, they're worth fighting for.

Joy and Areum are very worthy to fight for.

So before he completely fall asleep, he uttered some prayer about the two's safety and then asks for strength to keep on going because he can't give up. There's no way.

A beautiful name...

He fell asleep with probably the biggest smile he ever had after all the incidents and bad things that happened to him.

"

Areum-ah, wake up," Joy tapped the little girl balled under a thick blanket, sleeping peacefully. "Areum-ah~" Joy called again but the little girl isn't moving.

She checked the time and decided that she's gonna give Areum 5 more minutes of sleep and made her way back to the kitchen.

Areum...

Thinking about it, Joy cannot really remember why she named her 'Areum'. All she could recall is a fixed decision that if the baby is a girl, her name will be 'Areum'. After ultrasound, the result was that the baby inside her is a girl and she's more happy to name her like that.

Maybe it was her mischievous and confident side again but she knew that the name will fit her daughter perfectly.

And guess what? She's not wrong.

"Eomma~," Areum's sleepy voice called out from behind. Her hair is a mess and there's some dry drool on her chin.

Joy smiled to herself.

"Good morning baby," Joy greeted, carrying Areum to the bathroom to wash her up.

"Eomma, it's cold. I don't want to shower and I don't want to go to school," Areum said once she's placed down by her mother next to the bathtub.

Joy sighed, she guesses it's that time of the month again, wherein Areum is not in the mood and will be in a crying mess, throwing tantrums and such. Areum might be sweet most of the time but like any other children, she can be a handful sometimes.

"Eomma will warm the water for you," Joy said, trying to comfort Areum with her honey voice, praying to the God to make it work.

"I don't want to go to school!" Areum said, a little louder this time.

"Why not?" Joy asked, rubbing Areum's back to calm the slumberous little girl with a little snappish attitude so early in the morning.

"I'm lazy, Eomma please~" Areum's voice is sweeter now, trying to make her mom to agree with her.

"Is being a lazy a good thing or a bad thing?"

"...bad"

"Do you want to do a bad thing?" Joy asked. It's not that hard to teach Areum lessons but she can be stubborn at times.