➳ fifty-six

"Areum-ah~ Finish that quickly, we'll be late," Joy called out from the living room.

Areum is still inside their room, tying her shoelaces on her own. She learned from school that kids on her age should already be aware of that so when her Eomma was about to tie it for her, Areum refused. And now it's already been 15 minutes and Areum is still not yet done.

"Are you sure you don't want Eomma's help?" Joy called out again.

"I'm sureee~," Areum's small voice resonated the whole area.

Joy can't help but smile and decided to let her be. She waited for another 5 minutes until Areum is finally out of their room.

The little girl is standing infront of her Eomma, flaunting her messily tied running shoes. Joy giggled but decided to credit Areum for her effort.

"You did a great job baby," Joy kissed her daughter on the forehead and Areum gladly kissed her back on the lips, "Let's go now?"

Areum nodded happily, holding her Eomma's hand as the two of them went out of the house.

They are going to Seoul again today but this time, it's a problem with Joy's cake ingredients retailer. The owner said there will be a major change with their delivery method so they won't be able to deliver for a month.

And Joy, being the loyal customer she is, decided to just go there and get her supply. It's Sunday, everyone's day-off so Areum will be coming with her.

Unlike the first time, there's no fear in Joy about coming back to Seoul anymore. She doesn't have anyone to hide to. No more secrets, no more lies. Her heart feels light and it just feels good to feel good.

Upon making sure that Areum is comfortable and secured at the back, Joy's phone suddenly rang.

Sungjae
calling...

Joy went inside the car first before answering, "Hello?"

"Hi, uh, I just happen to walk passed the shop and it's closed?" The male inquired, "I didn't mean to be annoying but are you and Areum okay? Where are you? I'm worried,"

Joy managed to stop herself from laughing with how Sungjae has become so clingy. "We're fine. We'll be heading to Seoul to get some supply and maybe eat out too. There's nothing to be worried about," Joy assure, putting her bag on the passenger's seat.

She looked behind and saw that Areum is listening to her, head is resting on Joy-the-teddy-bear's shoulder.

"Oh," Sungjae seemed to finally snapped out of his exaggerated self. "Do you want me to drive you guys there?"

Ugh, so clingy. Joy thought but with a smile on her lips. She understand where he is coming from, he's probably worried about Areum and as a parent she knows how that feels. Specially that they share the same child.

"No, thank you," Joy replied in a light voice, "It's an all girls date out," Joy reasoned out. She can hear Sungjae chuckling from the other side of the phone.

"But seriously, you can rest your mind. I will make sure nothing bad will happen to Areum. She's my daughter too, remember?" Joy answered in a joking manner. Sometimes it's still hard to believe how the two of them can now fool around each other, although not that much but the progress is beautiful.

She heard Sungjae groan from the other line, "I'm not talking about Areum only. I'm worried for the two of you. So drive safely alright?" Sungjae replied in a way like what he said did not make Joy nervous.