➳ twenty nine

"Bitch," muttered Joy's youngest sister once Joy and the other people were already out of sight.

"Yah! Minji-ah! You shouldn't be saying that!" Jinyoung glared at the younger which returned a rather hateful look at her.

"What? Did you not see how rude she was?" The younger felt anger building up inside her chest. It's been years since those things happened. Isn't Joy over-reacting?

And even if their parents did something unforgivable, they're her family for God's sake!

"You know nothing!" Jinyoung shouted which startled the younger. It's rather the first time she saw her sister furious, glaring down at her like that and being the hard-headed youngest sibling she is, Minji glared back.

"Stop fighting," Their mother said in a calm voice but the expression on her face says otherwise. She looked at loss and her face is pale.

"I told you it's not a good idea to even come here!" Jinyoung started babbling. She is hurt. "She will never forgive us! She will never come back! She hates us now! She hates me now!" Tears formed in her eyes and it didn't take long for it to fall down her cheeks just like the agonizing pain she's feeling but, she quickly wiped it. "It's all your fault!"

"Jinyoungㅡ"

The girl ran outside and was startled when Joy, her daughter and the older females were still there, walking slowly while sharing laughs and stories.

Unnie,

Jinyoung didn't realize that she was running towards her older sister's direction who's back is facing her.

She looked so happy.

Joy heard the footsteps getting louder and once she turned around to check who it is, she was welcomed by Jinyoung's tight hug, the younger's arms made it's way straight to Joy's waist while her face quickly buried to her chest.

Joy didn't know how to react.

It is Jinyoung.

Her sister.

"I'm so sorry!" Jinyoung's screams are muffled and her hug is getting tighter like anytime, her older sister will vanish like a bubble. "Unnie, please! I'm so sorry!" It almost sounds like Jinyoung is pleading rather than apologizing. She can feel the misery in her younger sister's voice and Joy felt sorry for her.

Joy's arms are both loose on her sides.

She just couldn't bring herself to hug Jinyoung back.

She's scared.

Joy turned her head to the group of women who's watching her and her younger sister with confused yet understanding eyes. "Please go ahead first. I'll... I'll follow," she breathed.

With the way Joy's face turns red and how her eyes are shaking so she continuously blinks, trying to control the forming liquid there is. The way her lips quivers so she bit it to prevent herself from releasing sounds of sorrow.

They can see how Joy is having such a hard time but they know much to not mingle at times like that. After all, Joy is the kind to talk to them whenever she feels troubled. Areum gave her a confused look but good thing, the little girl is too distracted upon seeing her Grandmas again so when they started walking away from Joy, Areum didn't ask questions.

When they are already out of sight, that's when Joy's attention is fully back on Jinyoung.

The younger is still crying uncontrollably and her hug didn't even remiss. Joy can already feel her shirt dampening. "H-hey, hey," She hesitantly put her hands on Jinyoung's shoulders and tried to make the younger face her but Jinyoung wouldn't even budge.