➳ eight

Joy immediately grab the remote control and shut the tv off

Her heart is like drum, banging so loud and hard that it is now breaking.

She took deep breaths as she is having difficulty in breathing, she closed her eyes and tried calming herself. But it seems like a bad idea because the picture of Sungjae and Sohyun holding each other's hands while smiling infront of the camera kept on flashing inside her head.

She opened her eyes and her body is suddenly rigid, she was unable to control her movements and accidentally hit her cup of coffee with her elbow.

She watched as it fell and shatter into small pieces on the floor.

With quick moves, she cleaned everything up, not leaving even the smallest particles of the shattered glass that can harm her daughter.

You see, Joy is such a protective mother towards her baby, she will do everything to keep her safe beside her.

She can't lose someone she love again. She had more than enough loss and her daughter is the only one she have right now. Joy promised to herself to protect her daughter as far as she can with the best she can.

Joy is willing to do whatever it may be if it will result into her daughter's well outcome.

After the world almost abandoned her, after Sungjae left her alone with all the responsibilities and her parents refused to support her, she learned how to be strong and independent. She passed through different phases of life, be it good or bad, she made it alone.

And now that she's raising her baby all by herself, she is hoping that her daughter wouldn't have a hard time for being fatherless.

Joy fears the day that when her daughter's old enough to ask and look for Sungjae and Joy can't even tell her where or who he is, Joy's more frightened of how her daughter will react.

Surely, Sungjae already have his own family by that time for as the news said he's engaged now.

Sooner or later he will have his own children who can touch him, kiss him and feel the love coming from him.

She don't want worry about it yet since her baby's still young and naive to care, but once she started going to school, for sure she will be curious what a father is since she never had one to be next to her.

Her daughter will have friends who will ofcourse tell stories about their parents, about a father and her daughter will be clueless about it. They will share things about their relatives such as grandparents and again, her daughter does not know what those are.

If her baby is to ever ask who her Father is, Joy can't tell her that Sungjae doubted her as his daughter, or even tell her about her grandparents who are shameful to have her.

It will surely hurt the little girl's feelings.

The thought made Joy shiver, her chest tightening in sorrow.