➳ nineteen

A group of high school students entered the shop, making Irene scurried away from her spot and back to their table

Her members noticed Irene's teary eyes, "Unnie, what happened?" Asked Wendy while they all started putting their mask and sunglasses on in order to prevent people mobbing them.

Irene couldn't answer, her head is filled with the face of the little girl who acknowledged her without any worry. And it only proves that Joy, even in a very harsh situation and surrounding, didn't fail to raise her kid properly.

She remembered how Joy would always tell her that she should smile more often to people around her because problems never leave people and that maybe, that little acknowledgement from her will encourage that someone to fight for whatever battle they are in.

Irene felt a sting in her heart thinking that she isn't there to smile for Joy during her battles.

She can't imagine Joy's face, losing her smile that is like a radiating sun.

They were so wrong.

And she will understand if Joy wouldn't accept them now.

She again turned her head to the little girl who's now sitting quietly on a single swing, that particular side is probably made only for her. The little girl is watching the people inside and would time by time stand up to look over her momㅡ who's busy serving orders, and then coming back to the swing as if she's waiting until her mom is not busy anymore.

The other girls noticed Irene, staring on a side, longer than she should be making the other girls look too.

"Oh my God is thatㅡ," Yeri's muffled voice filled the table, followed by multiple gasps and silent cries from her member.

Behind the mask, a small smile formed on Irene's lips, even with tears streaming down her face, she was able to feel happy with Joy's accomplishments. Irene confirms that Joy acquired a lot as a woman more than her, considering their age gap.

She took one last glance to the baby girl before turning back to her manager, "Let's go," She said standing up.

Irene saw how her member's head move like they are confused, "What? Aren't we going to talk to Sooyoung?" Seulgi baffled in her hoarse voice.

Irene sigh, looking towards Joy's direction who's busy plating some slices of cake, "We will." She looked back at her members, "But not now. We will come back once our presence don't hurt her feelings anymore."

"Let's go for now, but we will come back," She said and their manager was out first so he can ready their van.

The girls started walking and they are surprised to see Joy near the exit, putting junks on the trashcan with her daughter next to her, watching her mom doing labor.

Areum saw that the odd group of girls (becuase they are hiding their faces) are about to leave.

"Please come again,"