➳ twenty eight

The past few days, Joy would always come back to their house after baking and settling things at the shop. Joy don't want to stay there or even spend more time there anymore. Every clangs of the front door's bell is making her anxious.

Joy feels like it will always be her nightmares.

Sungjae and Hanseol.

Dasom knew that something is off so she decided to went down and visit the shop with Areum. It's still the time of the day where Joy is not yet done baking and it wasn't even half of the day yet. Aside from that, she also needs to discuss a lot of things with her, including about going back to her home since vacation is almost over.

"Good morning Jiyeon-ah, where's Unnie? Kitchen?" Dasom greeted the younger girl behind the counter. Areum acknowledged her through bowing whilst being carried by Dasom.

Jiyeon smiled happily at the younger girl for she adored her very much before turning back to Dasom, "Nope. She's at the office,"

Dasom nodded and made her way to the small office of the shop.

Dasom let out a sigh when they saw Joy sitting on her swivel chair and staring to her and Areum's family portrait. Joy was too focused on her thoughts that she didn't even noticed the two's arrival.

"Eomma!" Areum shrieked excitedly that made her Mom shake from startlement. Joy's shocked expression change in an instant when she saw her daughter smiling brightly to her. It's as if all her worries disappeared but her protectiveness took over.

She let out a sincere smile but Dasom's focus is on her Unnie's sad eyes. The usual spark in has is gone and Joy doesn't look like the Joy she know. And it's making her feel frustrated because her Unnie's mouth is kept shut and she's back to keeping all her problems to herself.

"Areum-ah," Joy called and gestured her hands to carry the baby. Areum motioned for her Dasom-unnie to put her down and ran to her mother using her fullest speed. She climbed up to her mother's lap while Joy supported her small body.

Once on top of her mom's lap, Areum slightly go up and immediately kissed Joy on her nose and moved away a bit to observe her mother's face, her sweet smile is not leaving her lips and her eyes are full of love.

That small yet special gesture made Joy giggle, "Why are you staring at Eomma?" Joy questioned while squeezing the little girl's cheek softly.

"I love you, Eomma," Areum said shyly, and then giggled in the exact same way Joy did just a while ago. There is seriously no doubt about these two being related.

"I know and I love you too but, what do you want this time?" Joy gave her assuring smile because Joy wanted to be a mother who doesn't want to intimidate her daughter. She wanted to have a very close relationship with her and also she dreamed to still be close to Areum even to Areum's teenage years. She doesn't want Areum to feel distanced towards her so as much as possible, she's doing her best to make Areum happy in a way that she won't scare the little girl or spoil her too much.

"Dasom-unnie and I. . ." Areum trailed off while hiding her face from her mother's sight, "Can we go to the mall today?" Areum looked up, her large eyes focused on Joy's which immediately melts the latter's heart.

"Unnie and you are gonna go shopping?" Joy questioned, still giving the vibe that it is alright to ask. She glanced towards Dasom and the younger looked as nervous as Areum.

"Can we?" Areum is still trying to look cute, "Please?" She made her tone smaller and Joy couldn't help but laugh at how wise Areum is.

Joy moved closer to Areum and started whispering on her ear, "Alright. Make sure to make Dasom-unnie treat you lots of clothes alright?" Areum yet again giggled while nodding in agreement.