➳ nine

"I'm going to leave the two of you here so you can get to know each other more alright?" Joy said as she walk towards the two girls who are playing on Areum's doll house

Areum is not the kind of baby who instantly becomes shy upon meeting new people, infact she is the curious type and if she likes you on first meeting, she will keep on asking questions even though she already asked it before just so the two of you will keep on talking.

Dasom likes babies and Areum is now her favorite aside from the fact that she's her niece, she's also so sweet and nice.

Joy did well.

Areum stood up, looking at Dasom, "Unnie, I will just kiss eomma, i will be back," the kid baby-talked in her small voice, gesturing her to wait and Dasom couldn't stop herself to squeak from too much cuteness. Nodding enthusiastically.

Areum ran towards Joy, the latter squatting so she can be on Areum's height. The baby cupped Joy's face, kissing her on the lips and then hugging her. "I will be a good girl, Eomma," Areum said and Joy hugged her small frame  tighter.

"Alright, make Eomma proud, okay?" She said as the two of them separate from the hug. Areum nodded before running back towards Dasom.

"Dasom-ah, take care of her well. If ever there's a problem, I'm just downstairs," Joy said and Dasom hummed in response as she place Areum on her lap.

Joy smiled at how close the two already are and opened the door. The stairs is placed outside for better security. Joy made it like that so If ever someone illegally made their way on her shop, it won't think of going upstairs since there's no ladder inside the shop as it is outside.

Joy went to the frontdoor of her coffee shop to see Jiyeon, her worker from the coffee shop. Jiyeon is the one who works on the cashier, serving and cleaning tables since Joy  fears of people seeing her, staring at her and maybe judging her.

Joy works behind, in the kitchen, she did the baking and designing of cakes. But as time goes by, she started going out too, helping Jiyeon clean the mess customers leave after she's done with everything from behind.

They opened the shop and started the day.

At noon, Joy finished baking and replaced Jiyeon in the counter while the latter cleaned the mess left by their student customers.

A familiar man entered the shop making Joy grin widely, "Hanseol-ah!" She greeted and Hanseol stopped right infront of the counter. "The usual?" Joy asked.

"The usual," the guy answered, scanning Joy's beautiful face, "Where's Areum?" He asked, noticing that the little girl is not around which is unsual. Areum's always at Joy's shop because Joy don't trust other people to take care of her daughter.

"She's with my cousin," Joy answered happily.

Hanseol's eyebrow raise, "You have a cousin now?" The guy asked curiously. He knows Joy for almost 3 years now and as far as he is informed, Joy has no relatives in the town.

"Uh-huh, she searched for me," Joy said proudly and the guy smiled. He's happy for her.

Joy gave his order, which is take-out because the guy have work and he pass by every morning to have some bread and coffee.

They are close and Hanseol is one of the people in her new home who earned her trust.

The next day, Joy is sitting behind the counter when Dasom came to the shop with Areum on her hands. Both are dressed beautifully.

"Where are you going?" Joy asked, standing up from her seat. Areum gestures that she wanted to be carried by her Mom so Joy took her as Areum hang her hands aroun her Mom's neck.

Dasom gulped down, beads of sweat forming on her forehead. She does not know if she should tell Joy or not since what she's about to do can be considered as a mortal sin.

UNNIE, I'M SORRY!!

"Uh...Uhm, well, Areum and I decided to go to the mall..." she trailed off, staring on Joy's face, searching for anything that will cause hindrance from her.

Joy glanced at her and Dasom quickly look away, pretending as if she's searching for something inside her body bag.

Joy found it weird but whatever, Dasom being weird is normal.

"Did you bring her milk bottle? And an extra milk powder and mineral water? What about towel and extra clothes?" Joy rambled and Dasom couldn't help but roll her eyes.

"Of course, Unnie, don't worry I'll take care of her," Dasom said getting Areum back from Joy's hands as the baby kissed her mom on the cheeks.

"Alright, take care," Joy said and Dasom felt as if she can see fireworks above Joy's head.

She is probably smiling wider than she should be and that's really creepy for Joy but she chose to ignore it.

Dasom is naturally creepy anyway.

YES. SEE YOU LATER BORN TO BEAT! AHA!